LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Country Musician  (Read 3233 times)

Offline karendj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Old Country Musician
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »
I absolutely love the traditional sound and I'm glad I found this forum.

I am a beginner and everything I play sounds alike, like an old country musician that I we used to have 20 years ago when i was a little girl. 

I DO NOT PLAY FOR A CHURCH! I know I'm not ready, but I'm wondering does this sound change with time?Then how do you balance the traditional sound with the contemporary? Do you just practice it all? I mean I aspire to play for a church one day so I need to be able to play contemporary and traditional RIGHT?

Offline takuya

• LGM Member

Re: Old Country Musician
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
I mean I aspire to play for a church one day so I need to be able to play contemporary and traditional RIGHT?

Sorry it took so long for someone to get back at you.  To answer your question, being able to play both traditional and contemporary makes you a more versatile player, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to know both to play for a church.  Some churches only do only one style.

My advice...if you're a beginner, I would say pick the style that interests you more, the one you feel you would be better at.  And then try to find a church that primarily does music in that style.  Just my two cents. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up