LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New HardWare  (Read 3382 times)

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

Re: New HardWare
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 10:07:04 PM »
Ok here goes:

1. Iron Cobra Velo Glide HH Stand

2.Pacific DT 900 ( I was going to get a throne with the air lift but I had one and the air lift broke super quick on me.) Plus I like the Zebra Print on the Pacific ;D Something different, you know?

3.  Im debating on the 5000 or  Mapex P950. The thing is, the 5000 is Readily available and I have to do some shopping at some "Mom and Pop Shops" around my area and they are fairly scarce. :-[ I was actually thinking about putting the Iron Cobra in the runnings for my next pedal but I would have to swap the stock Beater out and out a Rubber "Speed Ball" beater on it! I like the feel of the Cobra so much!
Richard

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
...what about the stands Yamboy?
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:31:20 PM »
Still thinking about it man. I have 4 Heavy Double Braced Yamaha Booms right now, I looking for maybe 1-2 more. I actually converted one of my other Yammy straight stands into a Boom so I probably only need 1 more. I don't care about the Brand Name, I just want something that is going to withstand the beatings that its going to take in concerts and other events. :)
Richard

Offline drummerforgod

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:12 AM »
Hey yamahaboy!

I recently started the same topic and asked for hardwaresuggestions.

After doing quite a lot of research i bought the TAMA RoadPro Cymbal Stands.
I really love them!
In my opinion they far better than the yamaha hardware ( I had the tophardware series from yamaha)!
I also checked out dw hardware and must say that i also like them. They have a bit more "specials" like memory locks on the boom for example. But you also can order memory locks for the roadpro hardware.
The Mapex stands will work fine too!!
I think there is not too much which can be done wrong with buying hardware as long as you go with the higher end hardware from companies like: Tama, Mapex DW, Pearl or Sonor

I wouldnt go with Gibraltar cuz I ve played them and they snapped.

Maybe I helped a bit and not confused you even more ;)

Stay in the Pocket of GOD!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
I think there is not too much which can be done wrong with buying hardware as long as you go with the higher end hardware from companies like: Tama, Mapex DW, Pearl or Sonor

I wouldnt go with Gibraltar cuz I ve played them and they snapped.

...exactly aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnD that's why Gibraltar is NOT ON THE LIST.  They are not good enough for 5 different Gospel Drummers to shed on and have Sunday Morning Service the next day. ;D

[Sidebar]  If companies want to find out how good their hardware is they need to send them to some of these sheds.  LOL
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
Man D4God and Funky! Hey Funky, what do you think about the RoadPro stands?

Yeah the companies do need to take there hardware to a shed and let them bash away and see how it holds up! :D
Richard

E.R.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »

Yeah the companies do need to take there hardware to a shed and let them bash away and see how it holds up! :D
Hey, I still wanna know: Is that your thumb or a goofy looking stick?  ?/?

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »
No its my super odd looking thumb. :P ;D
Richard

E.R.

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
No its my super odd looking thumb. :P ;D

Wowza  :o

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »

...dude, read what drummerforgod posted.  They are on the list, aren't they?  The TAMA stands that I use to use where the 80's stands and those were built like tanks and as far as I know they're still one of the best.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
Oh, I didnt read to the front of the thread. :-[
Richard

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »
I play Tama Hardware and Axis pedals. I really like the new Tama Cymbal stands and Axis is the prototype for new technology glide pedals and hi-hit stands.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 01:22:32 PM »
I was looking at the Axis HH Stands put they were like 200 bucks. But for 200 bucks they must be good.
Richard

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »
I was looking at the Axis HH Stands put they were like 200 bucks. But for 200 bucks they must be good.

...5500TD Delta Turbo Hi-Hat Stand is the one.

...Yamaha HS1100 T-Leg Hi-Hat Stand is the other "one". LOL

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »
I say  all DW 9000 series if the sky is the limit

if not.

DW 5000. if they gotta go less than that then go Pacific 900 Series

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:39 PM »
...5500TD Delta Turbo Hi-Hat Stand is the one.

...Yamaha HS1100 T-Leg Hi-Hat Stand is the other "one". LOL

Word is bond. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »

Hey, if you founded an Axis HH, jump on it.$200.00 is a cool price. They're hard to find because he factory is so back up with orders for them. I likes mine  ;D.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »
So many possibilities. I have to weigh my options. Hey Funky its funny you said that about the Yamaha HS1100 because a guy I know has one and its rock solid. Yamaha hardware seams to hold pretty good from what Ive seen. I know somebody who has had the same Yamaha HH Stand for at least 12 years and its still going strong.
Richard

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »
So many possibilities. I have to weigh my options. Hey Funky its funny you said that about the Yamaha HS1100 because a guy I know has one and its rock solid. Yamaha hardware seams to hold pretty good from what Ive seen. I know somebody who has had the same Yamaha HH Stand for at least 12 years and its still going strong.

...dude, this is what you do.............go out and get the hardware and don't report back to this thread till you have something.  Enough of this already. >:( ;D ;D ;D ;D

...Yamboy, Yamaha Hardware is one of the best buuuuuuuut they need an upgrade on their stands. (Specialty stuff)  That's why we've been telling you to look at Pearl and Tama for stands.  DW is nice but they're expensive.  What you're looking for is quality that will leave you some extra cash to get a New 'Stang.  Not extra change for the "Dollar Menu". LOL

...get the Yamaha HH Stand that's been listed on this thread and you'll be fine dude. 

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
Yeah, I am picking up the check for my car on tuesday, It seems like everytime I want to go to GC to get some hardware something comes up. Hopefully I get it by Saturday.
Richard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up