LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Need Help!!!!  (Read 1242 times)

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

I Need Help!!!!
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
I'm trying to learn a song from sheet music and it's not written in the original key (C#minor). The sheet music has this note. "This edition has been transposed down one half step to be more playable" (C minor). At the bridge, the key signature has 3 natural signs. What does this mean in terms of the original key signature? ?/?

Thanks!
"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: I Need Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:49 AM »
O.K., if you are in the key of C# minor, that means the key signature has 4 sharps; F#, C#, G#, D# (E is relative major).  And you say that it gets to the bridge and there are 3 natural signs, that means there is one sharp left, probably the F#.  This means, you have modulated up (changed keys) to the key of either G major or E minor.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 08:51:30 AM »
O.K., if you are in the key of C# minor, that means the key signature has 4 sharps; F#, C#, G#, D# (E is relative major).  And you say that it gets to the bridge and there are 3 natural signs, that means there is one sharp left, probably the F#.  This means, you have modulated up (changed keys) to the key of either G major or E minor.

If it was written in C# minor and then there were 4 natural signs, what key would it become then?
"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
If it was written in C# minor and then there were 4 natural signs, what key would it become then?

You would be in the key of C or A minor.  The key signature for that is no sharps or flats.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Big T.

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »
You would be in the key of C or A minor.  The key signature for that is no sharps or flats.
The man knows his stuff!!! 8)
Go with God, cause He always goes with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up