LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DR Fatbeams  (Read 5895 times)

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

DR Fatbeams
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:36:15 PM »
Man, after trying about 10 different types of strings I think I've found MY strings.

They're crisp, warm, and sound GOOOOODDD.  I don't think i'll be buying anything else...even though I know people with some "hookups" on all types of brands.

Try them out if you haven't!!!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

Re: DR Fatbeams
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »
Those are gonna be the next set of strings I get, the last time I went to purchase strings, they didn't have Fatbeams, so I settled with LowRiders, then my wife bought me some Dean Markley Blue Steels, but I still wanted to get my hands on the fatbeams.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »
Those are gonna be the next set of strings I get, the last time I went to purchase strings, they didn't have Fatbeams, so I settled with LowRiders, then my wife bought me some Dean Markley Blue Steels, but I still wanted to get my hands on the fatbeams.

he LowRiders are good, but they aren't on the level of the fatbeams IMHO. 

The fatbeams have excellent tension and they just sound like BUTTER not to mention the over feel of the string is great.  The tension is very balanced across the strings.  I'm using a 34" Jazz bass.

If these didn't work out i was going to try out the elixirs, but I don't feel that urge anymore.

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:36:21 AM »
+1 on the fatbeams
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »
+1

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »
he LowRiders are good, but they aren't on the level of the fatbeams IMHO. 

The fatbeams have excellent tension and they just sound like BUTTER not to mention the over feel of the string is great.  The tension is very balanced across the strings.  I'm using a 34" Jazz bass.

If these didn't work out i was going to try out the elixirs, but I don't feel that urge anymore.

Thanka Jeremyr, I definately ready to give them a try now!

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »
I tried to tell y'all, the fatbeams are the TROOF!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »
I tried to tell y'all, the fatbeams are the TROOF!

As the youngsters say now-a-daysREAL TALK!!!

With that being said I played them in service yesterday and THEY WERE ROCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The definition in the highs is amazing.  And you can be so mellow that you'll have the mothers board bobbing their head.

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »
Man, after trying about 10 different types of strings I think I've found MY strings.

They're crisp, warm, and sound GOOOOODDD.  I don't think i'll be buying anything else...even though I know people with some "hookups" on all types of brands.

I'm using them on my MIM V String,and they do sound good,because I really wasn't a fan of DR's but these seem to be ok.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking to buy some in bulk now.  I figure if I get 12 sets that should last me a little over a year.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »
whats up JR im going to hae to try those out!!!!! i use DR high beams and theyre a bit edgy till you wear them in....so you say the fat beams are mellow???????

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »
whats up JR im going to hae to try those out!!!!! i use DR high beams and theyre a bit edgy till you wear them in....so you say the fat beams are mellow???????

They are MELLOW doc.

My lakland could get almost a flat wound kind of mellow, so not as mellow as my lakland with lakland nickels, but still very mellow.  VERY diverse strings doc!!

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »

The Hi-beams are indeed edgy... I'd describe them as being very "accurate" strings, crisp, defined and super clear.  The fatbeams give you that clarity as well but smoothed out a bit with booty on the low end.  Trust us, you'll love the fatties!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »
I have a set of Marcus Millers that BassbyGrace sent me last year.  I am going to put them on a Fender fretless Jazz bass sometime this month.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »
The Dr Fatbeams are the Marcus Miller signiture strings. I honestly did not know they were called Fatbeams, until today when I went to go buy a set. Those are the string I use also. When I buy them I just had always asked for the Marcus Miller set, never read the box. Excellent strings!

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:36 PM »
Is the Fatbeams roundcore or hexcore... i use the lowriders because i like my tension really tight and it has that hexcore feel

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »
Yeah after further review, they have become my go to strings.  I think bcause I had them in Iraq, the weather conditions were jacking up how they played.  As Jeremy stated, they are very versatile strings.  I just live the slap feel of them.  The strings have a natural groove tone to them.
Praise Him!

Offline Bassyboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »

Thank you brother..For months Ive been flying around with steels thinking that they are for me But DR Fatbeams are 4 real..Thanks
Time is near until the son of man returns, so he that stays FIRM until the end will be saved........

Offline Main5playah

• LGM Member
  • RV-5 Sadowsky

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 08:23:23 AM »
Jeremyr, Greetings my brother I know you speak of the Lackland in this thread but I'm curious I cant make out the Axe in your avatar, it doesn't look like a Lackland.
What Bass is that?
Main5playah

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
Jeremyr, Greetings my brother I know you speak of the Lackland in this thread but I'm curious I cant make out the Axe in your avatar, it doesn't look like a Lackland.
What Bass is that?

CallowHill DH6
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up