LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: !!!!Jimmy Haslip!!!!  (Read 6257 times)

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: !!!!Jimmy Haslip!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 08:47:36 AM »
You think Jimmy Haslip is good, y'all need to hear Keith Horne. Jimmy doesn't slap much but Keith is a monster player (plays all styles) and I just don't know how he does it. I'd post a vid but as far as I know there are none available.
Oh, and to make matters worse, he's right handed and decided it was easier to play lefty-upside down! Go figure!
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »
Oh, and to make matters worse, he's right handed and decided it was easier to play lefty-upside down! Go figure!
Keith  is a great player for sure

Offline Fingers!

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »

Now see, somebody like him needs to be shot...  Those Marvin Hagler-types beat you up any ole kind of way.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »
It's not that they didn't know any better.  More than likely, it was the most feasible thing for them to do at the time when they learned to play.  There's not that many left-handed axes out there, especially for a youngster who's learning. 

well said.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »

HAHAHAHA,  i was towying with the idea of picking up a left to see how it plays upside down.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline phatstrings

• LGM Member
  • ..dreaming about you.
    • Phatstrings

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 07:10:28 AM »

WOW
i shall not die but live!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
You think Jimmy Haslip is good, y'all need to hear Keith Horne. Jimmy doesn't slap much but Keith is a monster player (plays all styles) and I just don't know how he does it. I'd post a vid but as far as I know there are none available.

Figured I'd post this for you:

:) Sweet stuff, indeed!

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
Oh yeah, Halsip is a bad boy. A partner of mine who actually played for New Direction also, plays guitar lefty, upside down. He said when he was young, they told him he couldn't do it. So he said he was determined to learn. Now has a pretty good resume under his belt. You think learning bass upside down is tough, try learning lead guitar. Its all in how bad you want it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up