LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do you guys play for?  (Read 6201 times)

Who do you guys play for?
« on: August 31, 2004, 01:19:46 PM »
I would like to know who some of you guys play for. Church? Band? Group?

I live in Baltimore, MD. I do not play the drums at my church, but I play for a Funk/Fusion band called Il Culo. I primarily freelance and have played with Lafayette Gilchrist (avant-garde jazz), toured with Kainos(Christian Rock), and also Hazmat(Rap Rock), Another Time(Modern Rock). My drumming style is similar to Chad Smith (Chilli Peppers), and Chad Sexton (311) but with a stron fusion influence.

Peace

Offline Icecold24k

• LGM Member
    • http://

Who I play for ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 03:54:07 PM »
I play for my church first of all Mount Zion M.B.C In Richmond,Ca
and I play in my school marching band and orchestra and I play for the Northern California chapter of the Gospel Music Workshop Of America and I sometimes play for my friends churches and I play for my cousin Beverly Capers she's a new gospel artist she will be opening for Tonex and Yolanda Adams in Los Angeles at Bishop Noel Jones Church and I will be playing for the Voices of Christ 35 year reunion at Love Center Bishop Walter Hawkins. But I still give god the glory and continuing to stay humble and great things like this will keep happening to me.

Offline AJn311

• LGM Member

who do i play for?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 04:13:39 PM »
Hey

I play for MT-Pisgah Bapits Church in Bloomington/Normal,IL and while i am not playing for church, i am playing in a ( Rock Band) and i use to play for a funk/Metal band) my bands i play for is Staford and JB Stud & the pimptastics. Everybody i have had so many calls to play for other bands in town for couple years but i turned them all down?

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 08:31:29 PM »
Well, I don't really play drums too much nowadays, but I am a musician for my church, Praise Temple Deliverance Center, where my dad Bishop Willie L. Watson Jr. is my pastor. I play drums, bass guitar, and keyboard at my church.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline TLJACKSON

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 11:09:58 AM »
I play piano/keyboards at my fathers church.  Children of the Kingdom Ministries, located in Vassar Michigan.  Pastor Edward L. Jackson Sr. (pastor)
Pages: [1]   Go Up