LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i just have a question....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

i just have a question....
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
this is mostly for discussion purposes....

Is the songs the choir sing designed to set the tone of the worshpt service?

or

is the spirit of the church... how its set up members ect determine what songs the choir sing?

so.... another question

why is it that the congregation will respond to one song, and may respond differently to another, and sometimes not at all?
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: i just have a question....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:40:19 AM »
I think the atmosphere of the congregation tends to dictate what is sung by choirs or praise teams. Now, while we may not like it or agree, it is what it is.

While I was MOM (at a particular Baptist church) there were a LOT of songs that I couldn't introduce because I KNEW the congregation would sit there with this face-------> ::) or this one-----> :-\

Every once in a while, I'd be able to get one or two in: Kirk Franklin's, "Don't Cry" went over BIG one Easter (this from a congregation that HATED Kirk Franklin  :D ).

Anyway, I think the music ministry has to reach the congregation where they are, then try to slowly implement new, fresh music to stretch the boundaries without upsetting the church as a whole.

Great question, BTW.  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »
Well at my home church when the praise and worship sings most people just stare back with blank faces,
But when the choir sings during offering dont nobody even pay attention to what they are singing. they are usually talkin or somthin. maybe if they would sing something good, then people would get into it

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »
Well at my home church when the praise and worship sings most people just stare back with blank faces,
But when the choir sings during offering dont nobody even pay attention to what they are singing. they are usually talkin or somthin. maybe if they would sing something good, then people would get into it

Perhaps. I also look at offering time as fellowship time. I think it's the one part of service where everyone can participate and get to know or catch up with one another. ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

Church Choir Question to think about....
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »
i put this in the MOM section but most people come here so ill post the question here too!

this is mostly for discussion purposes....

Is the songs the choir sing designed to set the tone of the worshpt service?

or

is the spirit of the church... how its set up members ect determine what songs the choir sing?

so.... another question

why is it that the congregation will respond to one song, and may respond differently to another, and sometimes not at all?
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »
Perhaps. I also look at offering time as fellowship time. I think it's the one part of service where everyone can participate and get to know or catch up with one another. ;)

Right before the offering We have a portion of our service called "sharing of the peace". It is about 7 minutes long and that is when everybody fellowships. I'm pretty sure that if the choir were to sing some better songs, and sing them well, People would be more into what what they sing.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 06:55:31 PM »
Right before the offering We have a portion of our service called "sharing of the peace". It is about 7 minutes long and that is when everybody fellowships. I'm pretty sure that if the choir were to sing some better songs, and sing them well, People would be more into what what they sing.

Perhaps.

changedman

Re: Church Choir Question to think about....
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:46:33 PM »
Tradition and favoritism.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:55:25 PM »
People respond to songs for a million different reasons.  For some it's as simple as the music.  There are people in church who will jump on every song with a beat, lol.  For some certain songs have special meaning, or hit home because of what they are experiencing in their life at that very moment.  That's why it's good to have a spirit filled and led worship leader, because the right song at the right time can truly minister to someone, and it's not always the "favorite", the most contemporary, or the one the choir/praise team loves to sing.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 02:22:46 AM »
People respond to songs for a million different reasons.  For some it's as simple as the music.  There are people in church who will jump on every song with a beat, lol.  For some certain songs have special meaning, or hit home because of what they are experiencing in their life at that very moment.  That's why it's good to have a spirit filled and led worship leader, because the right song at the right time can truly minister to someone, and it's not always the "favorite", the most contemporary, or the one the choir/praise team loves to sing.

Troof!!!
Strike while the iron is hot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up