LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Pridgen / David Letterman  (Read 17515 times)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

Re: Thomas Pridgen / David Letterman
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »
...I rather listen to something else like "Pillar" with my boy Lester Estelle on drums. :-\ ;D 
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
The band musicians very good!!! The He/She singing sucked!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 07:24:10 AM »
The band musicians very good!!! The He/She singing sucked!!!

They look and sound demonic to me  if you ask me !!!!!!
Repetition deepens Impression

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »
They look and sound like a rock band to me... :-\
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
They look and sound demonic to me  if you ask me !!!!!!

Oh come on, dont even start with that crap!!!! Its a style of music!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

E.R.

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »
They look and sound like a rock band to me... :-\

Which was my whole initial point, I think they are a very POOR example of a rock band. Thomas is killing the drums, no question about it, but, to my ears, it stops there. The rest, I can do without.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »
...Wait....I didn't know Thomas was Mexican??? 

...I guess his Mexican name is Tomas "El Burrito Loco" Pridgenez. LOL  (Look at Mexican Flag next to him.)

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
Which was my whole initial point, I think they are a very POOR example of a rock band. Thomas is killing the drums, no question about it, but, to my ears, it stops there. The rest, I can do without.

Poor example!  :-\ Dude, don't get me wrong, I completely RESPECT your opinion, but you don't get it do you! Your opinion comes out of ignorance. I don't mean that harshly. I simply mean you don't understand because you don't want to freakin listen. People love this stuff for a reason.

Like BBD says, it's a style. If it was done any other way, it wouldn't be what it is.

Personally, I don't care for the music either. But I understand it.

E.R.

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
Poor example!  :-\ Dude, don't get me wrong, I completely RESPECT your opinion, but you don't get it do you! Your opinion comes out of ignorance. I don't mean that harshly. I simply mean you don't understand because you don't want to freakin listen. People love this stuff for a reason.

Like BBD says, it's a style. If it was done any other way, it wouldn't be what it is.

Personally, I don't care for the music either. But I understand it.

Yeah and people love Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys and NSync too. Plenty of people love alot of things that I don't nor ever will. Does it mean I have to? Dont think so. Great thing about being Human is being different.

So please, let me and my ignorant opinion be. You will not change it.

As "different" as they are trying to be, they are still considered a Rock band, are they not? So judging them in that genre, they just dont do it for ME.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
You always gotta argue? :-\ Could you at least try to see the point I'm making? It could help you grow as a musician, seriously, it has helped me.

You have to respect those artists you mentioned because they are at the top in that specific genre. I don't like them, I don't like TMV, but at least have an ear to see WHY THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE. You have no freakin clue because you choose to stay close minded (or ignorant ;) ).

Again, I DON'T LIKE TMV, but I see past the bad notes, and weird vocals, because there is a much bigger picture. And seeing that picture could help your approach to drumming dramatically. You start to hear things differently, and approach situations more creatively.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
...Wait....I didn't know Thomas was Mexican??? 

...I guess his Mexican name is Tomas "El Burrito Loco" Pridgenez. LOL  (Look at Mexican Flag next to him.)

LOL ;D

E.R.

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
You always gotta argue? :-\ Could you at least try to see the point I'm making? It could help you grow as a musician, seriously, it has helped me.

You have to respect those artists you mentioned because they are at the top in that specific genre. I don't like them, I don't like TMV, but at least have an ear to see WHY THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE. You have no freakin clue because you choose to stay close minded (or ignorant ;) ).

Again, I DON'T LIKE TMV, but I see past the bad notes, and weird vocals, because there is a much bigger picture. And seeing that picture could help your approach to drumming dramatically. You start to hear things differently, and approach situations more creatively.

Seems like you are doing the arguing.  ;) Notice that most of the guys on here feel the same way I do?

Yep, ignorant opinion, and I am glad I have it. Believe me, I do understand where you are coming from. I follow your thought on the creativeness of music. But I choose to have HIGHER standards on what I put into my ears. Bottom Line. I've said enough on this subject.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
Arguing, bad. Discussion, good.   ;)

I understand where you are coming from my brotha, but you aren't understanding me. I don't bump these guys in my truck, trust me. And I'm with most of the dudes on this thread that don't like to listen to it. You're not understanding it, and for a white boy, you should!  :Dhaha Hey, you said it first. And I'm part white so chill.  8)

I'll be the first person to quote myself. I edited it a bit. ;)

This band is what it is because of it's ability to be completely creative, live or in the studio. Not because of their ability to be perfect in all aspects of music that YOU personally like and can relate to. Maybe you could relate if you understood, I don't know.

I'm willing to bet they are more honest on their instrument than most of us have ever been! They are playing that gig because their fans feel it.

I like their approach. Great musicians. They are what we all want to be as musicians, different. They aren't afraid to take risks in front of thousands, to speak their mind musically. That's a really cool thing.

Again, it's like a language. The Mars Volta isn't saying the same old cliches everyone expects. If you understand this, it all makes sense!

It's like the birth of gospel music. No one really understood the sound, and so many hated the sloppiness of it all except the people who understood where it came from and could relate with the emotion. The emotion of having nothing else but music to speak for you. This is what I mean when I say they are "honest."

I can instantly hear honesty in music, and mostly everything today lacks that quality. That's why a band like The White Stripes got so big. They cut records using 1 mic in a room sometimes. They captured honesty, and sold millions. Another band, Led Zeppelin.

I don't know what kind of response I'm gonna get from this, but more importantly I want to encourage you all to learn to listen differently. Let your guard down and really listen, it's makes it that much more enjoyable!

I'll shut up now. I feel like the guy in the group who won't stop talking. Sorry  8)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »
...hey, is that a "Slim Jim" in Thomas' mouth ?/? ;D ;D ;D

E.R.

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
...hey, is that a "Slim Jim" in Thomas' mouth ?/? ;D ;D ;D
Thats one Smoky Slim Jim.  8)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
Thats one Smoky Slim Jim.  8)

...LOL.  Smoked Flavor, huh??   ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up