LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what is a Good Topic for a district MOM to speak on?  (Read 870 times)

Offline karlmhoon

• LGM Member
    • Pentecostal COGIC Greenville Ky.

what is a Good Topic for a district MOM to speak on?
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
what is a Good Topic for a district M.O.M to speak on? when he are she have to speak, and scripture.
and do any one have a good written down topics?
When it is your night to speak what is a good topic to do this in. HELP

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: what is a Good Topic for a district MOM to speak on?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, and it'll probably make folks roll their eyes and all, but...

You really shouldn't choose from a list of suggestions.  You should seek God to find out what HE wants you to say to that particular group of people.  What He gave to someone else may have been necessary for that group of people.  Further, there may be something specific that your people need to hear, as opposed to what a "good topic" might be in general.

For example, Paul wrote letters to the various churches.  While those letters could have been beneficial to every church in that day, and they are CERTAINLY beneficial to the church today, they were written with those people in mind, as inspired by the Lord.

Whatever you deliver to those particular people should be inspired by the Lord and designed specifically for the people you're addressing.

That's just my penny.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »
I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, and it'll probably make folks roll their eyes and all, but...

You really shouldn't choose from a list of suggestions.  You should seek God to find out what HE wants you to say to that particular group of people.  What He gave to someone else may have been necessary for that group of people.  Further, there may be something specific that your people need to hear, as opposed to what a "good topic" might be in general.

For example, Paul wrote letters to the various churches.  While those letters could have been beneficial to every church in that day, and they are CERTAINLY beneficial to the church today, they were written with those people in mind, as inspired by the Lord.

Whatever you deliver to those particular people should be inspired by the Lord and designed specifically for the people you're addressing.

That's just my penny.

Alright now, where's the other one?   ;D
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:00:15 AM »
Alright now, where's the other one?   ;D

I try to only spend one at a time so I don't run out of change too early in the thread... LOL!  :D :D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline lorenz_j

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
what is a Good Topic for a district M.O.M to speak on? when he are she have to speak, and scripture.
and do any one have a good written down topics?
When it is your night to speak what is a good topic to do this in. HELP

One good topic to speak on is "Studying the Bible"

I find that too many people in music dont study their Bible, attend Sunday school, Bible study, etc. regularly....they only focus on music.

How can  a person minister most effectively and sing about Jesus when they dont know the Word/who he is?

Another topic can be along the lines of "Implementing Bible Principles in the Choir setting."   Simply put, we church folk need some help with learning how to get along with each other and working together lol ...issues such as love, peace, patience, longsuffering, obedience, practice, committment, unity, conflict resolution,etc,  need to be taught and implemented more in the choir from a Biblical perspecitve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up