LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Shed.....Jaunuary 25th  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Weekend Shed.....Jaunuary 25th
« on: January 25, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
I trust and pray that you all have had a blessed week so far. As some of you prepare for your Sunday sheds or other events this weekend I pray that God will anoint you and bless you to perform to you best ability and the He will be pleased with your efforts. Each time I pick up my bass I realize how blessed I am. One of my students that I started teaching a few weeks ago is a guy who served in the Marines and he said he his wife kept asking him why he was always holding his bass or practicing, etc..he said he felt blessed to come back from Iraq alive and not mamed and that everyday he wasn't holding his bass he was holding his M-16. He said that he promised himself that if he got back home safe he was going to make the most of the time he had to practice and hold his bass. He said he wanted to know his bass inside and out just like he did his M-16......So be thankful of the opportunities that you get to hold and play your bass....It could be an M-16...

God Bless you all and have a great weekend...Thump, Thump, Thump, for JESUS!!

Quebass
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline BassPlayr

• LGM Member

Re: Weekend Shed.....Jaunuary 25th
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
Now this is a brother that is thankful!
Be Blessed Young man!
I trust and pray that you all have had a blessed week so far. As some of you prepare for your Sunday sheds or other events this weekend I pray that God will anoint you and bless you to perform to you best ability and the He will be pleased with your efforts. Each time I pick up my bass I realize how blessed I am. One of my students that I started teaching a few weeks ago is a guy who served in the Marines and he said he his wife kept asking him why he was always holding his bass or practicing, etc..he said he felt blessed to come back from Iraq alive and not mamed and that everyday he wasn't holding his bass he was holding his M-16. He said that he promised himself that if he got back home safe he was going to make the most of the time he had to practice and hold his bass. He said he wanted to know his bass inside and out just like he did his M-16......So be thankful of the opportunities that you get to hold and play your bass....It could be an M-16...

God Bless you all and have a great weekend...Thump, Thump, Thump, for JESUS!!

Quebass

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
Can ya'll pray that I find a church to call home while I'm here in Germany?  It would also be nice if they didn't have a bass player...lol, but that's secondary.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:04:10 PM »
Can ya'll pray that I find a church to call home while I'm here in Germany?  It would also be nice if they didn't have a bass player...lol, but that's secondary.

Lord Bless our brother Cordney during his travels to Germany. Keep him and his unit safe from all hurt, harm and danger. Bless him Lord to find a transitional "churh home" while he is there so that he can continue to Bless Your Name even during his stay away from home. Bless him Lord as he performs his act of duty in guarding this great country we live in that allows us the freedom to worship You in the open and not in secret as so many people have to do in other countries. We ask it all in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior...AMEN!!

Bless you brother, I know you will find a place to continue your gospel groove......

Offline diligence

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:28:29 PM »

While in Okinawa, Bishop Neal (located in Ramstein, Germany) was a guest speaker for a church anniversary.  He is an awsome teacher/preacher. Below is his website address. 
www.agapecfc.org

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »
Thank God for you, Que, for keeping the weekend shed post going.  Cordney, I hope you find a church home.

This weekend should be relatively uneventful.  I hope to work on some jazz. :)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »
nothin special on the schedule but i pray that the Lord has His way and lets loose.

cordney, i pray the Lord keeps you safe and guides you to a church home in Germany where u'll be used for his glory like never before.

keep us posted.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »
The weekend is here, and the weather is beautiful again!  My replacement speaker for my cab showed up Friday, so my 210 cab is back in action and ready for the trip to Eddy where my pastor is preaching this evening.

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »
My search starts tomorrow; thanks for everyones prayer request.  I know that everything will be alright.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 04:18:06 PM »
service was pretty live today. i was workin with my drummer on some breaks and stuff, really working together and we was mostly on point, still need polishin, but when we did our thing we had the choir and the P&W team hyped, we had each other hyped and we were just havin a good time. the organist had no choice to step his game up. and thats my focus going forth. i put forth a serious prayer before morning service and He came through. God'll still show up even if "nothin special" is goin on. woooooooooo!!! LOL. now i definitely gotta hurry up and get my preamp put in my schecter.

i hope everyone else fared as well and the Spirit showed up and showed out.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
Our youth sang today and the spirit was moving....that is, until our pastor's message.  I don't mean to speak ill of him but he's been there 35 years which is about 5 years too many.

A personal rant:  I wish we had sound technicians who knew what they were doing.  I ask for very little, for example a pause on the CD between the sermon and the hymn of invitation so that when I rip the songs into iTunes I can get the song without the sermon.  Not a difficult thing to do, just press "pause", count to two, then press "play" again. >:(

I remain ever prayerful.

Offline Bass4God

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »
What's Up

Just wanted to chime in today went well, I did double duty today. I played bass and brought the message today and all was good. God showed up and had His way in the service.

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
The weekend was blessed indeed.  I got to hook up with a peer from Dallas and learned a lot from him during the service, and Sunday's services were excellent as always.

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »
Glad everyone had a great weekend...God is still on the throne! I had a rare sunday off so I went visiting a friends church. They don't have a bass player, just keys and drums....may look at helping out on 4th sundays....The month is almost gone already...wow!!

Be blessed this week..

Que

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
Glad everyone had a great weekend...God is still on the throne! I had a rare sunday off so I went visiting a friends church. They don't have a bass player, just keys and drums....may look at helping out on 4th sundays....The month is almost gone already...wow!!

Be blessed this week..

Que

A Sunday off? I've heard stories, even seen pictures in books.... ::)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »
A Sunday off? I've heard stories, even seen pictures in books.... ::)

i know right. even if i dont play, im doing a kajillion other things. LOL.

Just wanted to chime in today went well, I did double duty today. I played bass and brought the message today and all was good. God showed up and had His way in the service.

i know how that is. its a tough job, especially when u dont get that "free time" to meditate on ur message right before u get up there. the thing that gets me is the confused look on people's faces when they come up to you to shake ur hand after service because they're not sure whether to compliment you playing the bass or bringing the word. Priceless. LOL

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 09:43:40 AM »
Man, haters! LOL!!!!   :D

Trust me, I don't many sundays off, so when I do I make the most of them. Between playing with my church, community choir, and gospel group I am ALWAYS practicing or playing somewhere. Last week it was a friday night reception set for 2 hours for a womans ministry here in the DFW area. It was really nice and we got to participate in a different setting so now we know how many songs will cover a 1/2 hour, etc....

This week we have our quarterly music workshop which is weds, thurs and fri and then we will perform the songs we learn on sunday. Our MOM has 2 different MOM's coming to teach us the songs and some other musicians that are goingt to do some instrumental workshops on keys, drums and bass..so I am hyped and ready to learn and grow so please be in prayer for us this week that God will have His way...

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »
Man, haters! LOL!!!!   :D

Trust me, I don't many sundays off, so when I do I make the most of them. Between playing with my church, community choir, and gospel group I am ALWAYS practicing or playing somewhere.
OK, you got me.  I am only playing on Sundays, only rehearsing one night per week, and rehearsing twice a week with the Jazz Ensemble at my College.  I wish it were more though. :)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »
Take advantage of the time you have..I said that and now I play too much some times.....It comes in waves...

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
Take advantage of the time you have..I said that and now I play too much some times.....It comes in waves...
For me the problem is not the Sunday services, because we rarely do anything so challenging that I can't get it in rehearsal and then during my Sunday Morning Meditation.  It's the Jazz Ensemble stuff that I wish I could spend more time on.  The other musicians are so much more experienced and accomplished, and I hate feeling like a weakest link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up