LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Practicing around the Circle of Fifths, Fourths HELP !!!  (Read 2518 times)

Practicing around the Circle of Fifths, Fourths HELP !!!
« on: September 28, 2004, 09:08:08 AM »
Hello Musicians,

I 'm only a beginner and need some help understanding the circle of Keys. When you play around the Circle of Keys, do you have to do it for all kinds of Chords? Such as 7th, 9th, 11th, Major, Minor, Diminished, 13th etc......  And what is the real purpose of doing it besides understanding how Chords move? Does it strengthen your fingers and make you more comfortable playing Chords?  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Are....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 07:00:35 AM »
Wajo22, are you talking about just practicing or are you talking about practical uses???
:)

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

Re: Practicing around the Circle of Fifths, Fourths HELP !!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 07:13:22 PM »
Quote from: Wajo22
Hello Musicians,

I 'm only a beginner and need some help understanding the circle of Keys. When you play around the Circle of Keys, do you have to do it for all kinds of Chords? Such as 7th, 9th, 11th, Major, Minor, Diminished, 13th etc......  And what is the real purpose of doing it besides understanding how Chords move? Does it strengthen your fingers and make you more comfortable playing Chords?  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you

circle of fourths is an awesome excersise, that; yes allows you to strenghthen your fingers, muscle memory, and helps you learn how the board comes together.......as a whole....

i say you should do a circle of fourths and cycle of fifths with all types of voicing, you can only be blessed.......you can do those excersices with, 7th's, 9's, 11's, 13's, you just have to practice it.....my answer is yes, and just do it, make it happen....you will be amazed.....and yes, you can do it with diminish chords as well.....you will need some passing chords, but it can be done!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline daredarea

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 12:10:40 AM »
How do you practice them... just work your way down the scales or what... till you go in a circle... can you give me I hint on how you do it.... please

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 10:49:35 PM »
Quote from: daredarea
How do you practice them... just work your way down the scales or what... till you go in a circle... can you give me I hint on how you do it.... please

HERE ARE SOME TRANSITION CHORDS, AKA FILLER CHORDS!

NOW CIRCLE OF FOURTHS ARE A GOOD WAY TO GET FAMILIAR WITH FILLER CHORDS!!!!!!!!! SO I HAVE PUT TOGETHER SOME TRANSITION CHORDS UTILIZING MAJOR SEVENTH CHORDS, AND MINOR SEVENTH CHORDS, SO YOU GET AN IDEA OF HOW WE CAN MOVE AROUND THE BOARD RATHER EASILY!!!!!!!!!

NOW LET’S HAVE SOME FUN, ALMOST LIKE MAKING A SONG!!!!

C / BbDEbG

F / AC#EbAb

Bb / AbCC#F

Eb / GBC#F#

Ab / F#BbBEb

C# / FABE

F# / EAbAC#

B / Eb GAD

E / DF#GB

A / C#FGC

D / CEFA

G / BEbFBb

C / BDEG………. THE LAST CHORD IS NOT SAME, IT IS A SUBSTITUTE! BUT RESOLVES!!!!!!!!!

CHORDED BY GIERES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now this is a circle of fourths, but i did it useing mixed voicings, ( 7ths, 9ths, 11ths, 13ths........so you see it can be done.....hope this helps you out!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up