LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME (yesterday's Word @ GCT)  (Read 236 times)

changedman

IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME (yesterday's Word @ GCT)
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
Hey friends!  I just wanted to share again this week, hoping that it blesses somebody’s life!

Pastor P was in the house yesterday!  Unfortunately, I now need a new set of toes!!! 

Remember how JUST LAST WEEK I was complaining to some of my friends that I am 35 years old, have been writing since I was 19 and the vision of putting the songs on CD hasn’t happened.  Remember how I said I wanted to throw in the towel and give up on writing and producing plays because ever since I was a teenager people have said “it’s not time yet”!?

Remember Bboy's post about being "content"?  This even made me think of that a little!

Somebody HAD to have called and told my Pastor….LOL!!!  Dude was LITERALLY all up in my kool-aid getting me in check!  Then, God sent THREE preachers who ALL had confirming words in our night service last night!!

TOPIC: “IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME”

TEXT:  ECCLESIASTES 3:1-8; I CORINTHIANS 2:9-10

A FEW KEY POINTS:

There is an allotted TIME for every PURPOSE.  God is obligated to fulfill His purpose!  GOD controls time.  Things happen by Divine Design.  Man can not dictate our time, nor can we FIGHT time!

If we abide in PURPOSE, then it is just a matter of TIME!

John 1:1 – the word beginning denotes “time”.  The word “was” denotes pre-existence.  This shows that God created time, meaning TIME is therefore BENEATH HIM!  Knowing Who God is will prove more important than knowing what time it is!  We need to make good use of our time and don’t let other people waste it.  We have to make the best of what God has assigned to our hands.

Read Romans 8:26-29

God works time out according to what He already had purposed (Romans 8:28).

If you listen, God is saying “Hush!  Let me handle this!!!”  It’s time to stop listening to everybody else and learn how to hear God for yourself!

Folks will try to kill your character and your physical body just to have your position.  But when you do right, right follows you.  Haters don’t understand that with the TITLE comes the WORK. 

If you’re effective/productive in pursuing your Godly assignment, it’s just a matter of time.

Impatience can make you walk into something that is NOT GOD.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10.  Everybody rejoices at verse 9, but verse 10 is so powerful!!!  Whatever He said is coming to pass!  We just may have to go through some deep water to get to it.  Deep stuff isn’t easy to capture, but seeking God always makes it worth it!

Only little fish are in shallow water!  The bigger fish swim in deeper water!  You gotta go into some deeper water to get the bigger fish!

Man tells you when your TURN is, but only God controls TIME (kinda like the referee at a basketball game)!

People get upset (in basketball) watching the clock.  They have yet to realize that it is better to stay focused on the referee, because the referee actually controls the clock!

A free-throw is a shot that nobody is allowed to block.  Your enemies (opponents) have no choice but to stand on the sideline and watch you get your free-throw.  God is about to make our enemies line up on the sideline and WATCH as God makes our free-throw come to pass!  It’s just a matter of time!

For further confirmation (last night):

Missionary Pam Kendrick gave a talk from Jonah 1:7-12, entitled “Purpose In The Situation”.

Jonah heard God’s voice, he just CHOSE to go another way!  Even in his disobedience, God stayed with him. 

There is DANGER in hearing, but not harkening (to the voice of God).  Comfort without conviction is equally as dangerous.

The people on the ship were experiencing all types of turbulence and they didn’t know why.  They had no clue that Jonah’s disobedience led to what they were experiencing!  SOMETIMES WE GO THROUGH A LOT SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE THAT WE ARE CONNECTED TO!!!!!

God had already prepared a fish (the whale) to bring Jonah back to a place of prayer.  He still gave Jonah an opportunity to obey!  Even in the worst of situations, God still fulfills His purpose!

Minister Michael Bell came RIGHT BEHIND HER with “God Has Need of You” (II Timothy 1:6-10).  He challenged us to hear the call of God (Romans 8:30), submit to the call of God (Exodus 36:1, I Samuel 3:10), and commit to the call of God!

No matter how gifted we are, God can’t use you if you don’t have the right heart. 

Everyone won’t agree with or celebrate God’s call on your life, but God wants a   
     committed YES!

When God has your back, it matters NOT who comes against you!

BIG POINT:  The devil speaks lies (in fact he’s the father of every one), so if he says you CAN’T that should convince you even more that YOU CAN!!!

****FINALLY, Elder Shun Clark from Boston, Massachusetts came from Hosea 1:1-3; 3:1-2 with the subject “I’m In the Mood for Love”.

He talked about how God created everything that He created to worship Him.  We can not work for God and not love Him!  He gave us the background of Hosea’s direct order from God to marry the prostitute, and how the prostitute cheated on him and did him dirty more than once.  Yet God kept instructing Hosea to take her back, putting his love for her to a challenge every time.  It was the same way with Isreal (and the same way with us now). 

God has invested so much in us to prove His love for us, and He wants us to love Him back in return.  He’s in the mood for our love!  But instead of giving it to Him the way we should, we “cheat” on him and constantly put His love to a challenge!

Let’s just say I left church on FULL once again!  LOL!

Love y’all!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

Re: IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME (yesterday's Word @ GCT)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »
This is some good stuff Herman!! God bless you and thanks for sharing this with us....I needed it!
Strike while the iron is hot!

changedman

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
This is some good stuff Herman!! God bless you and thanks for sharing this with us....I needed it!

You're welcome!

I'm telling you something is WRONG with my Pastor.  Do you know that when he did the whole "referee/clock" demonstration (in all 3 services) he gave 3 "blessed individuals" a $100 bill!? 

SO, at night service last night we heard one lady's testimony of how she had PRESSED THROUGH SOME STUFF to come to church, and had to ask her cousin for a dollar just to put in church.  Who would've thought that less than 20 minutes after she did that, she'd be receiving $100 for participating in a demonstration of The Word!!??

You have to forgive my excitement!  Had this been at the funeral parlor, I could only tell you how long He hung from the 6th to the 9th hour, and how his red blood makes us white as snow!

This new stuff is something ELSE! WHEW!!!!!!!!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »

You're welcome!

I'm telling you something is WRONG with my Pastor.  Do you know that when he did the whole "referee/clock" demonstration (in all 3 services) he gave 3 "blessed individuals" a $100 bill!? 

SO, at night service last night we heard one lady's testimony of how she had PRESSED THROUGH SOME STUFF to come to church, and had to ask her cousin for a dollar just to put in church.  Who would've thought that less than 20 minutes after she did that, she'd be receiving $100 for participating in a demonstration of The Word!!??

You have to forgive my excitement!  Had this been at the funeral parlor, I could only tell you how long He hung from the 6th to the 9th hour, and how his red blood makes us white as snow!

This new stuff is something ELSE! WHEW!!!!!!!!
Its good to see that things are working out for you. God is indeed a good God!! ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up