LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: what r some names of up n' coming drummers 2 lookout 4???  (Read 10483 times)

Offline ncballa

• LGM Member

what r some names of up n' coming drummers 2 lookout 4???
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 12:18:18 PM »
Kenneth Hagler Jr., from DC, David Woods from Brooklyn, and Monchel Moore from North Carolina... They're all 17 and some sick drummers!!!!

Offline grooveregulator

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 02:25:33 PM »
You wanna talk about up and comers.  Let me tell you about scooter gray.
I had the privallage of being workin the stage for a gospel music fest this past summer and one of the acts was DeAndrea Patterson, for whom scooter played for, I was watchin this cat from behind and man, this cat is on his way fo real.  He grooves like Carter B. and fills like Johnny B, in one word, this boy is sick and the crazy thing is he's only 16 yrs old.  This boy is gonna be out there real quick.  If you wanna hear some of his playin, check out track 9 one the lastest album from New Direction entitled rain, Don't tell me I did'nt warn you, ya heard.

Offline drmmrfolife

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 12:52:50 PM »
Eric Moore from Stockton, Ca. (2004 Drum-Off winner)
Q from Oakland, Ca. (Sheds with Tommy Pridgen)
Aaron Greene, John AdamsIII, Justin Brown, just a few.  There are so many around northern Cali.......

Offline fasthands

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 02:12:56 PM »
Tim nelson is a drummer  u need look out for. His pocket is gettin up their
He's a really fast learner and have fast hands to be a big boy.He study with one of the badest drummers around chris ghee

holla b-more

Offline StraightPockett

• LGM Member
  • GO CARDS!

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 03:43:03 PM »
:evil:  :twisted:  :) Tony Gantt is a 18 year old reppin' the 502 (Kentucky), I've known him for about three years and the dude is a beast. His hands are unreal and his foot is to die for.  He's up and coming.  He recently did a recording with the Miss. Mass Choir and will be touring on the East Coast in the next couple of months w/Adrianne Archie. Watch out for the BEAST!!! :!:  :!:
Life is Good!

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 06:17:36 PM »
Quote from: StraightPockett
:evil:  :twisted:  :) Tony Gantt is a 18 year old reppin' the 502 (Kentucky), I've known him for about three years and the dude is a beast. His hands are unreal and his foot is to die for.  He's up and coming.  He recently did a recording with the Miss. Mass Choir and will be touring on the East Coast in the next couple of months w/Adrianne Archie. Watch out for the BEAST!!! :!:  :!:

I think i may have just heard him up at bowling green gospel fest.  Because adrienne archie was there and sang, and her drummer was off the hook...i didnt get his information though.  Kentucky is off the hook though!!! They bout to be on the map for real
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline lildrummaboy_987

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 09:15:12 PM »
Tim nelson is a drummer u need look out for. His pocket is gettin up their
He's a really fast learner and have fast hands to be a big boy.He study with one of the badest drummers around chris ghee

chris is one of the best drummers i play bass with him at his church this dude will do some of the craziest grooves on anything his pocket is super tight but he throws a sick fill in every now and then his single pedal foot is almost as fast as my hands on a single stroke roll. id put him on any gig off top. he understands and plays with dynamics and volume control (something most drummers dont have) and instead of showin off he plays with the band. plus hes easy to work with lok out for him

Offline StraightPockett

• LGM Member
  • GO CARDS!

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 11:07:29 AM »
:?: My bad on the info on Tony Gantt, he recently did a recording w/ Georgia Mass not Miss. Mass, my mistake.
Life is Good!

Offline kddrummaboy9

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 02:12:23 AM »
:) Young cat from Chicago. Tavarus "Varo" Johnson he plays for DeAndre Patterson, Kenny Lewis & One Voice and he's on Smokie Norful's Live CD. He Got Chops Out This World. Be on the lookout for C. J. Tucker too.

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 08:34:57 PM »
Myself Chris Ghee,James Harris, his cuz mike plays at Tye Tribbett church in bmore a super monster only 14, My boy Timmy Nelson,and just bassically ery drummer comin out of bmore im out 1. Oh yeah my boy Vernon if he ever get serious about the set again.

Offline nicholerohcc

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005, 02:45:46 AM »
Quote from: drmmrfolife
Eric Moore from Stockton, Ca. (2004 Drum-Off winner)
Q from Oakland, Ca. (Sheds with Tommy Pridgen)
Aaron Greene, John AdamsIII, Justin Brown, just a few.  There are so many around northern Cali.......

I can definitely vouch for Eric Moore. Our parents have known each other forever and the boy is off the hook. From what I hear he has some sponsors in Europe to have his own line of sticks and stuff!!!!!

Offline chitownorgan

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005, 07:32:22 AM »
Imma have to go with Calvin Rodgers lil cousin  "Scooter"   he plays for New Direction,Rightous Living, Praise 2, Chicago Mass.....this list go's on and on...he is wicked   i belive he is ony 16 maybe 17...Guess what?   Just won his second Stellar Award for   "LET IT RAIN" New Direction....Now u kno he sick if Calvin Rodgers is his blood cousin.......WHAT!!! 8O

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 08:23:11 AM »
I got to say my homeboy Corey Rolfe, he is fa'serious....along w/ my influences growing up is Thomas Hines....if they ever get out the city they will do well...

Kansas Stand UP!

Offline congahead

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 11:49:13 AM »
Watch out for my man Anthony Steele. He plays for Freda Battle and the Temple Worshippers. This dude is real nice and he gets better everytime I here him. He'll be coming through your city soon!

Offline born2win_22

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 08:16:58 PM »
the best drummer out there is anthony torres

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 08:56:19 AM »
Quote from: grooveregulator
You wanna talk about up and comers.  Let me tell you about scooter gray.
I had the privallage of being workin the stage for a gospel music fest this past summer and one of the acts was DeAndrea Patterson, for whom scooter played for, I was watchin this cat from behind and man, this cat is on his way fo real.  He grooves like Carter B. and fills like Johnny B, in one word, this boy is sick and the crazy thing is he's only 16 yrs old.  This boy is gonna be out there real quick.  If you wanna hear some of his playin, check out track 9 one the lastest album from New Direction entitled rain, Don't tell me I did'nt warn you, ya heard.

Scooter is too cold! I'm in Chicago & I've heard him play. HE IS NASTY!

Offline rudamentz

• LGM Member
    • http://www.whitneyslaten.com

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 09:21:41 AM »
iseral new breeds drummer chris coleman, my dude from jersey named odell, eddie heyward, boody, lil daryl, there is mad drummers coming up

Offline ltcc

• LGM Member

philly drummers
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 10:51:53 AM »
anyone out here from philly.  I am i play at linconia tabernacle christian center in trevose pa right outside of northeast philly.

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2005, 09:26:12 PM »
I'm split between two churches right now. One in North Philly and another in Huntingdon Valley.

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

for yall young cats
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 05:02:24 PM »
Watch out for Greg Mitchell 12, Justin Carter 13 they are from Virginia they are too nice
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up