LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: drum machine or drum sampler  (Read 2731 times)

Offline 1234

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

drum machine or drum sampler
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:36:03 AM »
HELLO I WANTED SOME ADVICE, I AM IN CHARGE OF THE MUSIC AT MY CHURCH, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS BETTER TO BUY A DRUM MACHINE OR A DRUM SAMPLER FOR PRAISE AND WORSHIP.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

Re: drum machine or drum sampler
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
What's the purpose of the machine?

Offline 1234

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
YOU KNOW THEY GIVE YOU A CERTAIN BEAT OR SOUND EFFECT

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
 :-\

No... How are you planning to use the machine at church?

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »
HELLO I WANTED SOME ADVICE, I AM IN CHARGE OF THE MUSIC AT MY CHURCH, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS BETTER TO BUY A DRUM MACHINE OR A DRUM SAMPLER FOR PRAISE AND WORSHIP.

Though I have limited experience with them I think that a sampler pad would be the better choice. The Roland SPD-S is the music industry standard and offers more versatility to every player in a live environment.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »
Go with the drum sampler.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »
^^^ Might be out of their price range Sabe.

For what its worth, I think that if your triggering effects etc then use a drum sampler... If you're trying to replace the drummer then obvious choice would be a drum machine.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »
^^^ Might be out of their price range Sabe.

For what its worth, I think that if your triggering effects etc then use a drum sampler... If you're trying to replace the drummer then obvious choice would be a drum machine.

The SPD-S goes for $499 which is relative to the price of a good drum machine. Plus it places more control on the drummer/percussionist. As well it save the purchase cost for a multitude of percussions peices and save a ton of space. Win, Win all around. It's looping abilty, sample length, velocity senitivity and triggering abilities as well as professional standard are the deal makers!

Get the demo DVD from Roland then go to the music store and check out.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »
SAMPLER

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 10:02:09 AM »
i say look into the akai mpc 500 or mpc 1000. they both sample, u can make drum or percussion loops and they come with sounds already and u can sample any other sounds in there that u want. i have the mpc 1000 and i sampled all the sounds out of the motif..and i program loops for most of the songs we do at the church i play at....so check them out. they r both pretty affordable. the mpc 1000 is $999.99 and i think the mpc 500 is about $600 or $700. 

p.s i also but sum m-audio ie-30 in ear headphones. they r a little pricey($250) but the sound is phenominal.

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »
i say look into the akai mpc 500 or mpc 1000. they both sample, u can make drum or percussion loops and they come with sounds already and u can sample any other sounds in there that u want. i have the mpc 1000 and i sampled all the sounds out of the motif..and i program loops for most of the songs we do at the church i play at....so check them out. they r both pretty affordable. the mpc 1000 is $999.99 and i think the mpc 500 is about $600 or $700. 

p.s i also but sum m-audio ie-30 in ear headphones. they r a little pricey($250) but the sound is phenominal.

???

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »
Affordable is subjective.  If one considers this item as an investment that will last for years (and these do last for a long time), it's considered as affordable.  Like many high priced ticket items, if you don't have the money for it right away, just save up for it.  I say based on what the MPC can do (as well as the SPD-S), I think that it's affordable, and will pay for itself in the long run.  That, in my opinion, is an affordable investment.  With that said, I'll cast my vote for the MPC 1000 (or 2500 -I'm upping the ante with that one). 

Based on your LGM track record, anything above $10.00 is expensive (i.e., new drumheads, etc.).   >:(  And, I won't even put up how much my Shure E5s cost - that'll probably send you cowering under your bed.   ;D

Drumming is an expensive profession/hobby.  It's inevitable. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »
Lmbo! $10.00? Man its the treasury! I don' told yall lol. People arent paying their tithes and offerings right.  I still have a lot of upgrades i need to do to my kit, thats the main reason it psyched me out.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
i think any good drum machine or sampler under $1000 is affordable. i bought the mpc 1000 4 $900....i really wanted the mpc2500 which is about $2000, and its a great machine.but i had 2 stay within my budget. there are a few drum machines in the $150 to $400 range but i dont like what those machines offer. we all wanna save a few bucks..but when it comes 2 quality sumtimes u gotta drop sum money...u will b happy u did in the long run.
Pages: [1]   Go Up