LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirtual Musicians  (Read 6705 times)

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

Spirtual Musicians
« on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:21 PM »
Are there enough Spiritual and Annointed musicians in church ? A lot of musicianns arent even saved for real. We should be playing spirits out of people. Like David. What are your thoughts.
Sean Coston

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

Re: Spirtual Musicians
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:30:48 PM »
A lot of musicianns arent even saved for real. We should be playing spirits out of people. Like David. What are your thoughts.

I agree with you.  Whenever I sit down at the organ, I ask God to use me and that I may bless someone. 
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline C-note jr.

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:06:28 PM »
I also agree instead of musicians trying to out do each other, we need to help and encourage other musicians. Some have advanced in their gifts faster than others, I also believe in training up younger musicians and showing them what Ministry is all about. Lets all learn to encourage and help one another in these last days. God Bless All.
C-note jr

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »
WORD! To me,without having to be long on the matter, As one of the leading musician in my church, my focus for our church service is to allow God to use me by consencrating myself before service begins so I can be filled with God's annointing. There is a Kingdom sent calling to all musicians who serve the Lord to minister to people in the services to break the "guard" inside of them,to open up the channel from them directly to God,for spiritual therapy,healing,transformation,etc in that person. For me to see someone cry and be blessed during the service or alter call, that is a very satisfying feeling inside. I come from an Apostolic/Pentecostal church and am very sensitive to the Holy Spirit when I am ministering on keys. I am blessed to have the gift and talent God has given me to minister to people. I have experienced other problems with "competing during church service" or "I can out-do you on my solo performance" type junk that goes from out of the speaker and God sends it right back down! God giveth,God taketh away! When you give your excellent ALL to God in spirit and with the right attitude, The Lord will honor that. I can never repay for what he has done for me but THAT leaves me with a good feeling when the service ended like that. God Bless.......... :)

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »
We should be so much more in tune with the spirit. And we have to realize that we are doing this as a service to god.We should'nt demand money everytime someone askes us to play.And we as whole aren't as humble as we should be.
Sean Coston

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »
You don't have to be saved to be spiritual or annointed.  God puts His annointing on whomever he chooses.

However, I do believe that there aren't enough saved musicians in the church.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »
im sorry sir . the bible says that gifts  and callings come without repentance . To be annointed you have to be living holy.And or Striving. To be gifted,and then to be annointed are two totally diffrent things.Annointing comes with relationship.,
Sean Coston

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:34:18 AM »
im sorry sir . the bible says that gifts  and callings come without repentance . To be annointed you have to be living holy.And or Striving. To be gifted,and then to be annointed are two totally diffrent things.Annointing comes with relationship.,

I disagree with that because I have been an unsaved musician and I have felt the Annointing on me while playing.  It's even stronger now that I am saved, but like I said, God pours His annointing on whomever He chooses.

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
you can always be touched  by god . but  you will  not posses his annoining without living saved .You can have yo gift sound real good. but have no power.

its scriptual. The bible says that gifts and callings come without repentence.
Sean Coston

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:03 AM »
I disagree with that because I have been an unsaved musician and I have felt the Annointing on me while playing.  It's even stronger now that I am saved, but like I said, God pours His annointing on whomever He chooses.

I agree with this.

The scripture you are using 'prince_pof' (Romans 11:29) states that God will never take your giftings from you.  He is not an Indian giver.  He did not make a mistake.  No matter how bad we mess up, God will not just take back the giftings that you have. 
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »
you can always be touched  by god . but  you will  not posses his annoining without living saved .You can have yo gift sound real good. but have no power.

Another reason why i disagree with you is because it's not you or your music that's doing anything, it's God working through you.  And the last I heard and read in my Bible, God can use whomever and whatever He chooses to accomplish His will.  All he wants is a willing vessel.

Offline Big T.

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »

Troof!!
Go with God, cause He always goes with you.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »
Let me jump in on this 1..

I believe that we are all in the same page that every1 is spiritual (ie, spiritual beings...even the so called atheist because his spirit is searching for something to believe. ::).)
Hence I won't go there.

ANNOINTING/ ANNOINTED

Here's something you can read fi you find the time: http://www.seekgod.org/message/anointing.html

This is what I liked frm that link:

Although there is great pleasure and joy in the anointing, because it is the presence of God, we are not to seek the joy, we are to seek God, and the benefit of others, the joy is a natural result of these things. The anointing is not given for the vessel it flows through; it is given for the one it flows to.
(Psalms 16:11 NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

(James 4:3 NKJV) You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

That being said, I've seen God setting apart (ie, anointing) people that every1 knew is not saved, to bring deliverance in the house of the Lord.
This happens quite often in Crusades.

A classical example in the Bible I'm thinking of right now is when that lady poured all her expensive perfume on Jesus' feet & wiped his feet with her hair...Jesus used that moment to teach a very important lesson to the "high" people he was with (as well as you & I)..
Would we not say that that lady was anointed ( that is, set apart to be used of God) then?

Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

im sorry i just dont think that god will use a vessel thats not saved to destroy yokes. That is what the annointing does.Just because you were touched by god that doesnt mean he annoints you.And you cant tell me a unsaved sinner came come off the street start playin organ.and says hes annointed by god.

Another reason why i disagree with you is because it's not you or your music that's doing anything, it's God working through you.  And the last I heard and read in my Bible, God can use whomever and whatever He chooses to accomplish His will.  All he wants is a willing vessel.
Sean Coston

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
Let me jump in on this 1..

I believe that we are all in the same page that every1 is spiritual (ie, spiritual beings...even the so called atheist because his spirit is searching for something to believe. ::).)
Hence I won't go there.

ANNOINTING/ ANNOINTED

Here's something you can read fi you find the time: http://www.seekgod.org/message/anointing.html

This is what I liked frm that link:

Although there is great pleasure and joy in the anointing, because it is the presence of God, we are not to seek the joy, we are to seek God, and the benefit of others, the joy is a natural result of these things. The anointing is not given for the vessel it flows through; it is given for the one it flows to.
(Psalms 16:11 NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

(James 4:3 NKJV) You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

That being said, I've seen God setting apart (ie, anointing) people that every1 knew is not saved, to bring deliverance in the house of the Lord.
This happens quite often in Crusades.

A classical example in the Bible I'm thinking of right now is when that lady poured all her expensive perfume on Jesus' feet & wiped his feet with her hair...Jesus used that moment to teach a very important lesson to the "high" people he was with (as well as you & I)..
Would we not say that that lady was anointed ( that is, set apart to be used of God) then?

This is a direct quote from your link.''God anoints people that love Him more than they love their own lives, and that love others as themselves. As we open our hearts to love others God's anointing flows through us. When we close our hearts to others and grieve the Holy Spirit the flow stops."

The bible says if you love him you will keep his commandments.Which means live saved basically,Now read the first line of the quote.

You can not be annointed if you are  not living saved and/or holy!!

Sean Coston

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »
And you cant tell me a unsaved sinner came come off the street start playin organ.and says hes annointed by god.

O.K., what about an unsaved sinner who's has been in church all they life playing organ or whatever?  Like I said before, I was an unsaved musician for years, been in church all my life, and people were being healed, delivered, saved, and set free through the music I was playing.  I still stand by my statement that God can use anything and anybody to get His will done cuz it's Him doing the work and not the person.

If you have to tell people you are annointed by God to do such and such, then you really aren't.  It will show in your works.

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
for you to understand where im coming from you have to know the diffrence between.gifts and annointing.and bein touched.

can you explain why the it says gifts and callings come without repentance.

why didint he put annointing.

because thers a diffrence.
Sean Coston

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »
O.K., what about an unsaved sinner who's has been in church all they life playing organ or whatever?  Like I said before, I was an unsaved musician for years, been in church all my life, and people were being healed, delivered, saved, and set free through the music I was playing.  I still stand by my statement that God can use anything and anybody to get His will done cuz it's Him doing the work and not the person.

If you have to tell people you are annointed by God to do such and such, then you really aren't.  It will show in your works.
  Yes, as musicians we should be open tools for God to use us fully but it's NOT us who saved that person,it's Christ alone. I am not going to go in that debate whether a musician that is not saved is worthy enough to be annointed,etc. but I also do believe that if your HEART and RELATIONSHIP  with God is growing very maturely and you know that there is an oppurtunity to be saved or for some teachings of baptismal for sins,the you are saved,etc. I will say this, I don't believe in musicians are made righteous just because they can play like nobody in their own state or country. We are saved by God's grace and we are made righteous because of HIM. I know of  musicians who can play their lights out but don't have a real relationship with The Lord like they SHOULD because, folks we are ministering to people with needs and real problems. God know our hearts, so we cannot fool him.

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »
So, the bigger question is "Are we playing for our own self,I can play cause my dad is pastor,self-satisfaction,self-everthing you want to call it"?  OR "Are we playing to truly minister to people and make a spiritual impact on them through the music-ministry"?

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »
I will say this, I don't believe in musicians are made righteous just because they can play like nobody in their own state or country. We are saved by God's grace and we are made righteous because of HIM. I know of  musicians who can play their lights out but don't have a real relationship with The Lord like they SHOULD because, folks we are ministering to people with needs and real problems. God know our hearts, so we cannot fool him.

Oh yeah, I agree with you here.  When I was an unsaved musician, I knew that if I died I was going straight to Hell.  But, that doesn't mean my playing wasn't annointed by God.  I never self-proclaimed to be annointed, I just know what other people (pastors, evangelists, church members, etc.) have said to me about my playing while I was unsaved.

So Mr. prince_pof, I'm speaking from experience here that God can pour His annointing on unsaved musicians as well as saved musicians cuz once again it ain't the person that's doing it, it's God working through that person.  If the unsaved person dies though, he/she is gonna bust Hell wide open.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up