LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would I be wrong?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Boopey

• LGM Member

Would I be wrong?
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
To trade in my tama starclassic performer for a gretsch renown. I cannot afoord both,money wise or room wise. I am guilty of maybe becoming a little too attached to my drums, I had a hard a time giving up my pearl export for the tama. I guess my setup and tuning have alot to do with it, if that makes any sense, I also like to try new and different kits, I am truly like a kid in a candy store when I go in a store with drums. Well I've said enough, let the people speak now or forever hold there peace. THANKS!

E.R.

Re: Would I be wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »
What do your ears tell you?
Both are good kits.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:47:41 PM »
...Modern Drummer Mag. just reviewed the new TAMA Starclassic Bubinga/Birch kit in their latest edition (Steve Jordan and Mr. Helm on the Cover) and let's just say that TAMA will be very pleased with 'em.

...I would say, look into one of those man. ;)
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

saldrums

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »
yes sir!!!! you would be wrong!!!!! Because in the end, you will regret it. trust me, I know, because I destroyed my first set, a Tama Rockstar, and the I gave away a special 1999 Edition Export Series, and what do I have to show for it???? Nothing!!!!! These things that you buy throughout the years, keep them for memories man!!! I miss my old sets, because they remind me of where have comefrom to this day....I know you want that Renown series, but just wait and save your money, because if you trade that Tama in, its going to be the same thing over and over again, then you will look back and miss those kits you "had". Oh, and just to let you know, I realized that it was a waste of time of giving my set away, because it wasnt properly taken care of, and if I new all of that, I would have kept it in my aunts Garage.........I sold My 15"K Dark Crash Brilliant, and now Zildjian doesnt even make it anymore in Brilliant finish, and now Im wishing that I never sold it, cause it was one of a kind!!!!! Think before you trade or sell!!!!! 

E.R.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »
yes sir!!!! you would be wrong!!!!! Because in the end, you will regret it. trust me, I know, because I destroyed my first set, a Tama Rockstar, and the I gave away a special 1999 Edition Export Series, and what do I have to show for it???? Nothing!!!!! These things that you buy throughout the years, keep them for memories man!!! I miss my old sets, because they remind me of where have comefrom to this day....I know you want that Renown series, but just wait and save your money, because if you trade that Tama in, its going to be the same thing over and over again, then you will look back and miss those kits you "had". Oh, and just to let you know, I realized that it was a waste of time of giving my set away, because it wasnt properly taken care of, and if I new all of that, I would have kept it in my aunts Garage.........I sold My 15"K Dark Crash Brilliant, and now Zildjian doesnt even make it anymore in Brilliant finish, and now Im wishing that I never sold it, cause it was one of a kind!!!!! Think before you trade or sell!!!!! 

To some, your statements are correct. But I must say, it also depends greatly on the gear in question. I sold my entire Zildjian collection, consisting of A's A Customs, Vintage etc, in order to purchase my Meinl Byzance collection. I don't regret it whatsoever, my only regret is not doing it sooner. I dont regret trading my Sunlite kit (yes, that was the first kit I played on. bought it on ebay for $250 shipped with cymbals! lol) for a Tama Swingstar. I dont regret trading my Tama Swingstar for my Ddrum Dominions. and as the Lord is my witness, I am rejoicing and happier than ever to trade my Ddrums in for my Sonor Delites! Hallelujah, Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!

Perspective.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »
But yo if youre going to cry about giving up your kit....KEEP IT THEN!!!! Dang!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
To trade in my tama starclassic performer for a gretsch renown. I cannot afoord both,money wise or room wise. I am guilty of maybe becoming a little too attached to my drums, I had a hard a time giving up my pearl export for the tama. I guess my setup and tuning have alot to do with it, if that makes any sense, I also like to try new and different kits, I am truly like a kid in a candy store when I go in a store with drums. Well I've said enough, let the people speak now or forever hold there peace. THANKS!

Stack the Tamas in the corner and set up the retch. You are talking about pro level kits. The Tama has aged now... you cannot buy that aged sound new. you are also talking about replacing a birch kit with a maple. Totally different sounds from the wood and from the two companies. They make lay-a-ways and charge cards for a reason. Pick up a couple extra playing gigs and you'll be able to have them both. Unlike cars these are tools of the trade.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up