LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Behringer as bad as they say?  (Read 7167 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Is Behringer as bad as they say?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
I own the Behringer BX450 Amp and the BB410 cabinet.  I have no problems.  A friend of mine, who i consider a professional bass player, played on it and made it sound like a million dollars.  At that point i realized i would rather focus on my playing rather than the equipment. 

Tone is in the fingers.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 07:58:28 AM »
I place the order for the bx450 just last night won't be int time for church on sunday but next sunday.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 08:01:02 AM »
speaking of that head.

All I read is that it has 450watts at 4ohms. Going by what I looked at before it'll be 250 to 300 watts at 8ohms, does anyone know for sure?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »
I own the Behringer BX450 Amp and the BB410 cabinet.  I have no problems.  A friend of mine, who i consider a professional bass player, played on it and made it sound like a million dollars.  At that point i realized i would rather focus on my playing rather than the equipment. 

True, a good player can sound good on anything, no matter how cheap it is, and a bad player will sound bad, no matter how expensive the gear is,

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »
...I bought a small mixer by them and one day I turned it on and it was dead!...just like that!...I have never owned anything that died out of nowhere!...so no more for me.....

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »

I know a guy that has this same setup only with the 2X10 cab. He says he has not had any problems with it either.

I have play through a Behringer keyboard amp before. It was not as loud as it should have seemed but I did have enough time to play with it. The sound was alright and clear but it was no Roland KC.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
I just bought a behringer amp to practice on...I'll let you know how it is.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline Jmack

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »

I agrre with this.  I have a Behringer BX4210A.  I admit, their speakers are very cheap (Both of them blew out in a matter of months), but once i replaced them with some quality speakers i've had no problems.  I'm a beginner player, but I've had some very experienced players use my equipment and to repeat the quote "made it sound like a million dollars".
"Make a joyful noise unto the world"

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
They do/did have a habit of making very similar products. As far as reliability issues, I have a small practice combo amp that works wonderfully for me. It is not a copy of anything that I know of. I truly believe that they are being accused of making unreliable products and that is just not true. Why in the world would any manufacturer build and continue to build products intended to fail. I think many folks intentionally beat up their gear in order to damage Behringer's reputation. In addition, they are not the only company guilty of copying designs. Mackie was on that list for many years and was a litigant in a huge lawsuit that I believe they lost! How about all the bass and guitar manufacturers who make a living off Leo Fender's designs?? Why single out Behringer? I think the bottom line is folks think that because it's cheap, it's crap! I just don't subscribe to that way of thinking! 

let put it this way....if someone notable like victor wooten or marcus miller used behringer products and got good tone, we would all try to buy it!!!!! personally i feel its just that they are a young company...they havent been around as log as like say ampeg or eden. they make pretty high quality products at prices working musicians can afford.....ive played their stuff...its not fantastic but its not horrible, either. somtimes thats just the testimony of some person that doesnt know how to properly use their equipment.....

Offline QuietSoul

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
I own the Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass Bass Head and I play it thru the Gallien-Krueger Goldline 410GLX Bass Cabinet. I use it at church as well as other gigs. If you're on a budget it's a pretty nice head to get you started until you're able to move on to bigger and better things. My complaint about it is that it tends to be a little noisy. The Ultrabass feature on it is practically worthless and I never use it. I'm content with it for now but I'll be much happier with the Ampeg SVT-4 Pro. ;)

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
I have a mixer by them I brought some years ago, work well but doesn't have an off/on switch. You have to unplug to turn off. >:(

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
well my bx4500 head failed on me. So I open it up and with my digital muli-meter I found 2 blown fuses. replaced them and began playing through it again. I believe the tone.

Til I get my hartke head the behringer will be my main head and my gk backline 600 will be the back up.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
I believe the tone.

Was that supposed to say, I can't believe the tone?

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »
Was that supposed to say, I can't believe the tone?

Yea I think so. This new job is whooping my rear-end. I am tired by 5pm most days.

Offline funkylb

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »
I recently ordered the Behringer BX1800 bass combo with 15' speaker for $199.  I was buying it out of my own pocket to leave at church so that I wouldn't have to carry an amp every week.  The amp's features were cheap looking (knobs, and the cab casing) and for the 10 mins that I could actually get it to play, it put out a lot less than the advertised 180 watts.  The amp completely died after 10 mins.  A common refrain of people who have their combos is that you can expect to have the amps in for servicing way more often than is typical with other brands.  You get what you pay for.  I sent it back and got a Fender combo.  I don't think Behringer makes amps or pedals well.  I bought one of their BOSS knock off guitar chorus pedal and it had the loudest hiss on the planet.   Behringer does, however, make great mixers (I've got 3 of theirs in my home studio ranging from 4-24 busses), their V-Amp  Pro rackmount guitar preamp is great (I play guitar, too: it rivals, with some user patch tweaking, the Line 6 Guitar pod, but for half the cost) and I love their little audio odds and ends like the $20 4-channel headphone amp and the $20 4-channel line mixer.  Leave their amp combos and amp cabs alone, though.  I have heard good things about their more expensive yet still pretty cheap amp heads for both guitar and bass.
Slackerdom is ontologically authentic

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »
I don't know, I have a Behringer ULTRABASS BX600 that I leave at my band's practice site. Bought it used for $60 and it's worked fine for me so far. The headphone function works fine as does the stereo RCA inputs which I routinely plug in my mp3 player for the band to hear songs we're working on.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline 4given

• LGM Member
  • You'd better praise him before the rocks do.

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 11:47:43 AM »
I've played through lots of different brands of equipment.  I also own some behringer stuff.  I have the bass v-amp rack mount effects processor with the fcb 1010 midi foot controller that I use in conjunction with a Hartke Bass attack pedal.  A few of the presets were noisy but you can change these to fit your sound and needs.  The first v-amp didn't even power up out of the box so I sent it back and was considering a refund but I gave them a second chance.  The second one works fine.  From what I've heard and dealt with Behringer either works or it doesn't, you either get a something pretty good or complete junk.  The v-amp has 125 presets so if you can't find something you like you can always set up your own sound.  I use about 8-10 different effects per show and I'm satisfied with my setup.  I also own a BA810 cab that seldom gets moved.  I play a 5 string and I'm just not satisfied with the tone I get from the 810s.  If I never use the B string it's ok but at high volumes it "waffles" out unless I bi-amp it through my subs first.  I personally use an Avatar B212 NEO cab with one 18 sub for most gigs and churches.  I love my Avatar cab.  I'd put it up against any cab for it's size.  The 2 12s sound great and I've played Mark Bass, Carvin, and Ampeg stuff that just can't do what the Avatar can for less money and low weight.  Oh yeah the Behringer v-amp helps make the sound.
He's still on the throne and I'm ready to go home but I don't want to rush it I may still be needed.

Offline fluteminstrel

• LGM Member
  • my bass

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »

amen to that you have wisdom

Offline browntree

• LGM Member
  • www.reverbnation.com/btree

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
I'd buy Peavey before Behringer.... if you want something cost-effective, durable, and sounds good. 

Browntree

And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of music, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy. I Chronicles 15:16
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up