LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Recording.... Mic'ing your amp vs. direct in to recording equipment...  (Read 9124 times)

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

....and to be judged NOT by the color of our skin..but the content of our character!

...wait a minute...im sorry, got swept up in the moment..

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Jordan, man, like I said, calm down a bit.

I wasn't trying to flame you, and everyone's opinions here are welcomed.

What's off-color is jumping red when someone disagrees with you.

You found something you like, you've told us about your undying affection for it, now let it go. If someone wants to hop down to the GC and buy one, they will. And, if they don't... not your problem.

I think the reason some people started questioning things were because you post these extraneously long posts, which state your opinions as the gospel, and it comes off a bit spammy and troll-ish (constantly trying to get us to go check out this product, or that website, or "go here to vote.")

You have that right, but it's a bit overbearing.

All I did was ask you a couple of questions, then state what I found that worked for me--and, again, I topped it off with "YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY (and a smiley face...)." That means that it won't work for everyone, but I found it to be good for me.

You retorted with insults, coming to the conclusion that I must be "very young," and I have a lot to learn.

I'm 27, and while that might not be seasoned, I've seen far more in this life than I've wanted to. I've played music semi-professionally from the time I was 18-24, and continued from that point in churches.

Does that make me special? No. It doesn't. Does that make my opinion worth more than someone on here that just picked up the instrument? Nope.

If you want to hang around, then hang around, but RELAX.

Oh, and you never did say what type of amp that was...

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member
  • Jordan Rivers, Gospel, Rock,Blues,Jazz Guitarist
    • GW Williams - The Rock,Blues ,Gospel Guitar Blog

A friend of mine called me and said hey didn't you leave the guitar forum at, LearnGospelMusic.com.
I said yes I did.
Well you better go back and read what someone posted behind your back.

Ok.........so I see this statment ...saying I was..(called to the carpet on the tone of your replies)
That's like saying I was pinned to the mat and counted out.

Geeeeeeeee you guys are full of yourselves really , what church do you go to?
Nobody pinned me to the carpet..........get real and grow a brain.None of you could do that.
That's fact.......you want facts do your some research and back up your claims.

I left here yesterday....only because this is was your home online first so I didn't want to bother you, and I realized no one really wanted me here...So that's ok, I understand that point, I am not going to make a war on Gods Forums about guitar.
The reason why........it just isn't worth it.......Do you really think that's what he wants.I guess someof you haven't figured that out yet.

I gave you guys some real good info that could help you , that's all.
If you choose to think me as a joke of life....so be it.
As for facts, you better do some studying, the music world has changed in the digital area,and will continue to do so......and things get better.Even Digitech.
You guys are playing old school here. Yet I am older than you and I have made the change,because I do my research,and I understand the equipment is changing on a daily basis.I keep up with it.

The truth is you don't need a ton of peddles lined up in a row to get your sounds.........that's old school what the old guitar hero's use to do.
Well many of them are changing and moving on, because there's a better way now.
If you refuse to learn that point,then you'll never move on and grow in music.

Anyways.......no one pinned me to the floor.........no one here could and they know it.
As for me I will leave you to this forum...........maybe you can grow a brian,and realize there's more truths out there than you ever thought.

Peace to you
                             Jordan Rivers

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Jordan, your back-handed and offensive remarks speak volumes about your character.
I'll be praying that you learn to exercise your fingers, words and ego less and learn to live by the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (i.e., humility).
You'd be welcome here and probably anywhere if you did.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Jordan, your back-handed and offensive remarks speak volumes about your character.
I'll be praying that you learn to exercise your fingers, words and ego less and learn to live by the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (i.e., humility).

x2

Man, I don't understand where you're coming from, Jordan. Why are you wound so tight? No one's talking behind your back, they are replying to you. If you left, how are you posting?

You jump to a lot of conclusions. No one said anything about old school, no one said anything about stringing pedals together (besides the space they take up, what's the difference between 6 pedals I'll actually use and 374 digital models that I won't?).

We were talking opinions and preferences here.

Stick around and chat, but lower you guard, man. No one's trying to attack you.

Conversation goes two ways.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Wow...we go from being a ghost town to now having requests for brain growth.  The guitar forum just can't win for trying.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

Wow...we go from being a ghost town to now having requests for brain growth.  The guitar forum just can't win for trying.

We shall overcome...  ;D

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

I thought this kind of drama only happend in the drum forum...lol :D

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

I thought this kind of drama only happend in the drum forum...lol :D

Oh, you guys get your fair share of world class musicians visiting you there, too?

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

Quote from: b_jizzle20 on Today at 05:32:30 PM
I thought this kind of drama only happend in the drum forum...lol

Oh, you guys get your fair share of world class musicians visiting you there, too?

Wait a minute: are drummers even ACTUAL musicians to begin with? :D
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

...its my fault. i shall never post again. :D
Quote from: funkStrat_97

link=topic=53367.msg513386#msg513386 date=1203896882

Quote from: b_jizzle20 on Today at 05:32:30 PM

uh oh... u don't want to bring "them" here, lol. they live for this stuff. we will have 19 pages of comments.

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

I dont understand your question, ?/? please elaborate...

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

It's just a corny musician's joke.  There are quite a few of them out there and alot of them are directed towards (drum roll please).......drummers.  Now; who was that famous composer that said something to the effect of bass playing being labor fit for a horse?  Was it Bach?  What does he know?
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Wow I am suprised at you.....the fact that you made the statment (Jordan your back-handed and offensive remarks speak volumes about your character) well.......that statment...show a real nasty side to you.
And we all know that was meant as a cut, so please don't lie your way out of that one.
I had to Laugh at that when I read it.

I know you're suppose to be a music leader in your church, but I think the power of being in charge has gone to your head a bit don't you?

That statment is one that Christains have used over and over again for the past 20 years,they use it when they get mad..... it's not cute, it's not 100% original and shows me you can't speak well for yourself with out using other peoples wording. Pastors and Preachers use saying like that over and over again.....in they're  sermons, I wonder when a true follower of God can think for themself at times. If God was really speaking through you telling me your going to pray for me , he wouldn't do it in that fashion or style of remark.

So who's cutting who here....also some one said a racial remark.....hope that wasn't aimed at me.
I never made any statments of color?
I'd never do that.

AS far as the world class statment, I can back it back buddy...can you?
Any time any day you think you can out play me....let me know.
Because I doubt you can even 50% come close to playing better.

Have a nice day
           Jordan Rivers

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

also if I was the moderator of this forum I pull it, because it's not in good taste with Jesus
            Jordan

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Also Jay....I am not mad at you.......so Jam on.....an play that guitar
              C ya Jordan Rivers

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Now I said my peace.............don't make me come back

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

It's just a corny musician's joke.  There are quite a few of them out there and alot of them are directed towards (drum roll please).......drummers.  Now; who was that famous composer that said something to the effect of bass playing being labor fit for a horse?  Was it Bach?  What does he know?

This picture best describes what your playin with... ;)

Oh please!  I beg you to bring this to our court! 

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

Mr. Rivers, I'll keep letting your words speak for themselves and your true character.

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

In the 1650's  Double bass strings where very very gut wound strings.They were twice as thick as strings today.Much harder to play untill about 70 to 80 years later when new strings were designed, I may be off a few years but I don't think I am by much.
But I don't know who said the quote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up