LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Recording.... Mic'ing your amp vs. direct in to recording equipment...  (Read 9203 times)

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member
  • Jordan Rivers, Gospel, Rock,Blues,Jazz Guitarist
    • GW Williams - The Rock,Blues ,Gospel Guitar Blog

Mr. Rivers, I'll keep letting your words speak for themselves and your true character.
And I'll let you speak with fork tounge

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

And I'll let you speak with fork tounge

Matthew 5:43-45
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

So who's cutting who here....also some one said a racial remark.....hope that wasn't aimed at me.
I never made any statments of color?
I'd never do that.

My brother:  I must inform you that you clearly took this statement completley and totaly out of its intended context.

....and to be judged NOT by the color of our skin..but the content of our character!

...wait a minute...im sorry, got swept up in the moment..

The above reference to the Dr. King's speach was done in jest.  To be clear, no one is accusing anyone of being racist.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Mr. Rivers, I'll keep letting your words speak for themselves and your true character.
Buddy....you have a real problem with other peoples Characters....maybe you should grap a mirror and have a good long look and get off your high horse.

I seem to read people very well and you seem threatened by a new comer here........I must wonder if this has happened before with you?
If I had to guess I would say this forum has lost people because of your nutty actions.
I could be wrong, but your to self-righteous in your thinking.
   You don't seem to be able to handle much. You're not very competitive, did you ever compete in sports ...I did, and I think it's great when guitar players can say something without offending people.
Being competitive and trying to play better is very helpful.

Lets face it playing guitar these days is competitive.....business is competitive, finding a wife or husband is competitive, people just don't want to settle for less.
WE should be the best we can.....and I think others out there want to play great, there's nothing wrong with it.
Also long as we can enjoy serving the Lord.
If you think there's something wrong with being competitive as a Christain, then you really need to get a life.
There are many pro football players, they are church going, sunday go to meeting type people, and they compete.
     God put it in me to be the best guitarist I can be and not to settle.........and I hope some one out there takes my words  to heart,
Why?.... because I know someone reading my words, wants to be the best they can be in the Lord with thier guitar playing.

NOw if you don't like the words I type........then don't respond, I guess you'd thought I'd back down, you're very wrong to assume that.

My only hope on this forum was to help, people from all walks of life, poor the rich or anyone who needs a push.
People have dreams, and need to be told to go for it.
To me it seems you like to kill off those dreams, because someone may know more than you do.Or get a head of you.
That's fact.....that's the truth,and I must wonder how many others you chased away in the name of the Lord?
     Bye Now
           Jordan Rivers

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

....also some one said a racial remark.....

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Nevermind, I didn't see that one.

My brother:  I must inform you that you clearly took this statement completley and totaly out of its intended context.

The above reference to the Dr. King's speach was done in jest.  To be clear, no one is accusing anyone of being racist.

Still... not a racist  comment.

I'm out of this thread...

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

Take it easy bro. Jay; I took care of this one ;).
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

...LOL...

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

Perhaps we should change the title of this thread (we've gotten hopelessly off topic) of just shut it down.  Gentlemen; get off the Internet.  Go get some sleep and return to LGM tomorrow.  God bless everyone!
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Proverbs 17:9
He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Razzman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God is good.........All The time

HI, I own a recording studio, the truth is this,  you sometimes need the best of both worlds.   

very well put...a friend of mine thru a cd at me he recorded at a studio in colorado, Christian alternative stuff,  I was amazed at the tones he got, and was totally over taken when he said there wasnt a glowing tube anywhere on any of the tracks!!  all digital, I said no way, he said yes way...all pod....I know the great Johnny Hilland loves the GNX3 series and x series pedals.

Offline Julie spivey

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Totally Incredible!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Toooooooooooooo funnnnnnnnnnnny...who needs soap operas???

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Ok I'm sorry if I said something then, I just had to be sure and I was worried that I said something wrong.
I wouldn't do that.
     Thanks for clearing that up.
          Jordan

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

very well put...a friend of mine thru a cd at me he recorded at a studio in colorado, Christian alternative stuff,  I was amazed at the tones he got, and was totally over taken when he said there wasnt a glowing tube anywhere on any of the tracks!!  all digital, I said no way, he said yes way...all pod....I know the great Johnny Hilland loves the GNX3 series and x series pedals.

thanks, the processors now have the tube sound and mic sound already in them, why they work so well is because there's no hiss and no noise such as an amp rattling......the wheels or cabinet can make noise's even small nosies we may not realize.
The processors prevent any such nosie.
But I do think the best of both worlds is the correct way to go.

Thanks Jordan Rivers.

P.S. should I stay or go.......you people decide , I don't want to cause trouble, but you have to understand I can't back down either certain comments.

Also , I really believe when guitar players get on stage together, 2 great guitarist will go at it, each trying to out do the other, this kind of competitiveness can be very fun, it helps build your confidence.
And the crowd loves it.
   I also feel guitarist learn a lot from each other this way,and if your in a band you almost start to think and know how the other guys are going to react in a situation....... infact after 2 hours of practice, my band and I used to sit around and just do improv for another hour,  we do a list of 18 songs first to get ready for a gospel rock concert date, and then after we were done, we take  say a couple jazz numbers and just throw around and do improv.each person taking a few turns a leads and we wouldn't stop. Sometimes doing improv for 15 minutes, and then moving on to another jazz song.
My people loved it.
It's a great way to learn and it's fun.
You can learn from each other that way.

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Quote from: b_jizzle20 on Today at 05:32:30 PM

Wait a minute: are drummers even ACTUAL musicians to begin with? :D
If you ask my Drummer he say yes he's a musican.........he does play a little guitar and writes music some.
But I have to tell you, he really works up a sweat at a concert and I am glad to have such a person with me.
The two of us sometimes really push the songs and milk them for all we can.
And if my bass player or Keyboard players get sick, I know that just the 2 of us can go out and do a concert just the guitar, my voice and his drums, over the years we had to do this when people get sick. Yet it still very fun.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Stay my brother,i look to learn some things. You have alot to offer to this site.Yes,you  the right to defend yourself,and you do it well.I have somethings to ask you about playing the guitar. ;)

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

stay if you can learn to co-exist with people whose opinions are different from yours....and then not attack someone when they disagree with you.

also, please do not mis-represent yourself like you have thus far, and like you have at other places. we both know what I am referring to.

be a part of the community, share your opinion, respect others, speak truthfully.....you are welcome here.

Offline Jordan Rivers

• LGM Member

Stay my brother,i look to learn some things. You have alot to offer to this site.Yes,you  the right to defend yourself,and you do it well.I have somethings to ask you about playing the guitar. ;)

Hi Rown,thanks for the support...... I'll try and hang around for a while, and I'll help if I can.
When I finish work on my video, I'm going to try and post quite a few , lessons on my guitar blog.
I just hope I can finish this video in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I may be in and out of here from time to time, I can't make it online everyday right now.
But maybe every other day.

We are working on releasing a CD and ,  I am also doing some work on a muisc video.
So my time is in the studio a lot right now .
  The Album is already finished,and I am waiting till April to release it. But the video has a lot of effects in the pictures and it's taking some time to put together,many of the effects on the video are being done on computer.
But I'll try and hang my hat here several times a week if I can.
      Thanks Jordan Rivers   http://jordanriversguitarforum.blogspot.com/

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

back to the original question.....there are obviously positives and negatives to both. I have both kinds of rigs. I have a 30 watt class A tube amp with a big analog pedal board. I have a line 6/bogner spider valve with the fbv controller. i have a pod x3 live. they are all wonderful tools that can all sound great....both live and recorded.

we have made the decision at church to go with no amps on the platform....i wasn't excited but am willing to do whatever to make things the best they can be. the pod x3 sounds AMAZING. i've been listening to recordings of the services and you'd never know it was a pod....i mean it really sounds outstanding.

so the bottom line is use what sounds good, what works best for your situation and for your budget. there are no rules.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

I'm just questioning the self glorification thing...  ?/?
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up