LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Hate The Pocket Just Make Change...  (Read 2536 times)

Re: Don't Hate The Pocket Just Make Change...
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »

...ah yes.  Finally....

...I agree with you all the way mane.  Don't know about the ruining your "high" thing though.   :-\  ;D LOL

Ha.

High = That special place where the music takes you. I

I'm not talking about "herbally-induced escapism", lol ... whether for medicinal or recreational purposes.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »
Frankly, and in my most humble opinion, until a drummer actually starts to FEEL the music, asking someone to groove, is like asking them to write a sonnet in Sanskrit. Yeah, exactly...

...when a drummer has yet to reach the point where they appreciate & feel the MUSIC, they'll be reduced to being mere time-keepers, when they're not twirling sticks & making a mockery of the the words 'tasteful placement'...

Trust me, I know. All the technique in the world doesn't make you a musician, as far as I'm concerned. When you come to appreciate the music, then you won't feel the need to kill the groove with your over-playing. That would seem criminal, 'cause you'd be ruining your high as well...

What scripture is this?   :)  Good word!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
High = That special place where the music takes you.

...dude, everytime I play I'm trying to take it there.  I remember this one time I was so deep into a groove that I totally forgot about all of the people, time and even instrument.  It was like not only could I hear each note that everyone else was playing including the ones I was playing with clarity but feel each and every one of 'em.  It was some crazy Matrix type of thing. ?/? :-\ :o 

...the coolest thing of all was that the rest of the band felt the exact same way. :o
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »
High = That special place where the music takes you. I

That is one special place...I too try to take it there everytime I play..like JFunk.....it is some crazy feeling especially when every band member feels the same way....it's just crazy.... :o :)
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 04:45:37 PM »
That is one special place...I too try to take it there everytime I play..like JFunk.....it is some crazy feeling especially when every band member feels the same way....it's just crazy.... :o :)

...yeah man.  After the session, we were all looking at each other like....."yeah, that was crazee."  I mean, it was like you can hear where the bandmates were taking the music without them speaking or using sign language.lol  It was definetly a spiritual thing man. :o
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up