LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What R Some Nice Gospel Records To Check Out?  (Read 4289 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: What R Some Nice Gospel Records To Check Out?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
WOW yeah I forgot about Ron Winans Family and Friends 3, that whole album is off the chain!

Not to mention Ron Winans Family and Friends one and two are just as good!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 01:35:01 PM »
YPJ and F.V.C- Dream Music
Doobie Powell-The Offspring
Doobie Powell- 4 ZOE
L. Spencer and New Testament

Thats off the top of my head. You can find those at cdbaby.com. Anointed and different.

i am still trying to get a hold of that 4 zoe! where can i get it? cd baby sold out!

Offline George Spanky McCurdy

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
dag big black u took it back on us.....ok.......i was lsitenin to James Moore's cd, dnt know the name, but it was Lord Send The Rain, tye put it on my ipod, lololol. yooo he was blazin, and the band was real tight.

yo, somebody mentioned mario.....how bout when i started workin wit puff, he came to one of the rehearsals, and i was like yoooo, u dnt know how much of a legend u are maaaaan, i think i spoke for the whole church/drumming world, lol. i was like yoooo, u r a legend. he was like what? I WAS LIKE YESS MAN, SHUTUP! PLEASE......ACCEPT IT.......PLEASE DNT SAY ANYTHING....LOL.......man it was such an honor to meet him.......he did blaze that album.

u know what i dnt like, i dnt like when a drummer actually blazes a sesion, but u cant really tell because of how the drums are mixed and mastered. So now when i do sessions i make sure im involved with the mixing and mastering, at least asking questions about it.....for Tye's new album, (wwwwhooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nelly, lololol) the mixing is totally different from the first two albums, it sounds like an rnb more than a gospel feel. im soooo happy with the way my drums sound....i really am.....

but yea i rock wit james fortune......"the blood" man i cried when i heard that....

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 05:49:02 AM »
dag big black u took it back on us.....ok.......i was lsitenin to James Moore's cd, dnt know the name, but it was Lord Send The Rain, tye put it on my ipod, lololol. yooo he was blazin, and the band was real tight.

yo, somebody mentioned mario.....how bout when i started workin wit puff, he came to one of the rehearsals, and i was like yoooo, u dnt know how much of a legend u are maaaaan, i think i spoke for the whole church/drumming world, lol. i was like yoooo, u r a legend. he was like what? I WAS LIKE YESS MAN, SHUTUP! PLEASE......ACCEPT IT.......PLEASE DNT SAY ANYTHING....LOL.......man it was such an honor to meet him.......he did blaze that album.

u know what i dnt like, i dnt like when a drummer actually blazes a sesion, but u cant really tell because of how the drums are mixed and mastered. So now when i do sessions i make sure im involved with the mixing and mastering, at least asking questions about it.....for Tye's new album, (wwwwhooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nelly, lololol) the mixing is totally different from the first two albums, it sounds like an rnb more than a gospel feel. im soooo happy with the way my drums sound....i really am.....

but yea i rock wit james fortune......"the blood" man i cried when i heard that....

That was Sam Scott on drums and the great Joel Smith on bass on that James Moore. That's a classic. James fortune and 'nem.......that's serious business!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 06:49:46 AM »

u know what i dnt like, i dnt like when a drummer actually blazes a sesion, but u cant really tell because of how the drums are mixed and mastered. So now when i do sessions i make sure im involved with the mixing and mastering, at least asking questions about it.....

Yeah I dont know why engineers dont ask the musicians if they're happy with their overall mix of their instrument.  I mean who could better tell you if it sounds good or if they're too loud or too soft, there's too much effect...

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 08:20:09 AM »

I've been out of the loop but when is that new joint coming out.....

I'm still bumping Micah Stampley "A Fresh Wind"
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 09:08:53 PM »
Yeah I dont know why engineers dont ask the musicians if they're happy with their overall mix of their instrument.  I mean who could better tell you if it sounds good or if they're too loud or too soft, there's too much effect...

I've worked with a few who do sincerly ask if I'm happy with the mix and how my instrument sounds. Sometimes, you gotta ask. It's your project. The engineer is paid to capture YOUR sound. Ya dig?.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 05:55:03 AM »
I couldn't agree more on the Jonathan Nelson joint! That's one for the collection. Cats will catch on eventually to that one.

The Commisioned Reunion is a must have (DVD and CD).
Deitrick Haddon "Chainbreaker" is one of my faves.
Jonathan Dunn's "Another Level" is a hot one to have.
Lisa McClendon's "Live from The House of Blues: New Orleans" is a slick one.
Twinkie Clark "Home Once Again: Live in Detroit" Doobie Powell and 'nem smashed that!
Bishop Noel Jones presents: "The City of Refuge Tabernacle Choir" (Chris Johnson on drums).
YPJ and FVC.
Last, and definitely not least....get the James Fortune and FIYA "Transformation".

That's a start, chief! Yell back!

wow dude you yelled out some classics.....those joints are hott....
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Offline blessed1

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »
Anybody got the new Gary MAyes joint? Its nice 2...

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
Anybody got the new Gary MAyes joint? Its nice 2...
I forgot he had a new one out. I'm on that this weekend!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 09:11:39 AM »
I still have the latest Youthful Praise and the last Maurette Brown-Clark album in my rotation. Speaking of great mixes....The Maurette Brown-Clark album is mixed perfectly in my opinion and you have an all-star band with Mr.McQuitty, Asaph Ward, Eddie Brown, PJ Morgan, and Sharay Reed to name a few. :o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up