LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Sign of the Times...*SMH*  (Read 9851 times)

Offline Steely

• LGM Member

Re: Another Sign of the Times...*SMH*
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »
Come let us reason together. Good show, ol' chap.  ;) I KNEW there was a reason I get down wit' cats from da NYC despite their love of the blasted Giants. ::) :D :P :D

:D ;D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:58 PM »
It might just be me, but any time I open a thread on a gospel website, I expect it to be reasonably positive. When I open one to find its negative, I feel duped.
But even the bible is not all positive... and we can't just ignore the parts that are tragic or unsettling, because they're vital.  They give us the full scope of God -- his love and mercy on one hand, his wrath and vengeance on the other, and all points in between.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »
Thats the problem with a lot of churches, they only wanna speak on the positive or Happy 'milk and honey' subjects. Some things that may be considered negative, need to be disscused, Even if we are uncomfortable talking about them. Doing so may help some of the members of this site.
Now hearing about 4 year olds getting the claps?  I think thats pushing the limit. How is that gonna help any of us in life? If wanna hear stories like that I can go to CNN or Fox news.

But I cant really talk, cuz some of my topics are 'out there'

I was about to say, Pot

And in no way, do I think you have to always discuss rosey , happy-go-lucky-J.O.type news. But as it was said before, some stuff isnt good for anyone to hear. ie the ones of a disturbing, disgusting, and or MORBID L nature.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 02:22:14 PM »
I agree, Nessa.

But, I'ma stop though.  I don't want anyone to think you're slipping me $20s to agree with you...  :D :D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »
I agree, Nessa.

But, I'ma stop though.  I don't want anyone to think you're slipping me $20s to agree with you...  :D :D :D
I thought we agreed on $10s?  Anywho, check's in the mail... ;)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
I agree, Nessa.

I wouldnt be suprised, You do work in politics. :D

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
I wouldnt be suprised, You do work in politics. :D
Could it be?  An honest woman working in politics.  I digress.  ::)
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »
Could it be?  An honest woman working in politics.  I digress.  ::)

I feel a new thread comin on.....stay tuned.....

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 03:04:50 PM »
I just got a note from Jonathan offering me $50, so let me say this:
I do agree that there seems to be an imbalance of good news versus bad news.  But, my take on that is that:

(a) people aren't as interested in reading/responding to good news items relating to people they don't know as they are in reading/responding to bad news items relating to people they don't know; and

(b) people post what interests them, and what they think might interest someone else.  If we're lacking good news around here, it's not because folks are posting too much bad news; it's because other folks aren't posting any good news.  :-\  Or perhaps it's a bit of both... but the responsibility isn't solely on those who post bad stuff...

And for whatever it's worth, I think this is a great discussion.

(And j/k about the note from SJ... lol)
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »
I do agree that there seems to be an imbalance of good news versus bad news.  But, my take on that is that:

(a) people aren't as interested in reading/responding to good news items relating to people they don't know as they are in reading/responding to bad news items relating to people they don't know; and

(b) people post what interests them, and what they think might interest someone else.  If we're lacking good news around here, it's not because folks are posting too much bad news; it's because other folks aren't posting any good news.  :-\  Or perhaps it's a bit of both... but the responsibility isn't solely on those who post bad stuff...

Troof!  Thank you and good night.   ;D

Oh,  is LaRue the new LGM lobbyist now?    ;)

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
I'd like to know why ya'll continue to post these gruesome stories?  ?/? ::) ?/?
Sjon you betta priich dat rerd!!! ;D
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
Sjon you betta priich dat rerd!!! ;D

So, uhhh Vonne.... did you read the article?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2008, 06:16:51 AM »

(b) people post what interests them, and what they think might interest someone else.  If we're lacking good news around here, it's not because folks are posting too much bad news; it's because other folks aren't posting any good news.  :-\  Or perhaps it's a bit of both... but the responsibility isn't solely on those who post bad stuff...

Why do "other folks" have to post the good news; why can't the same people, who spend all that time searching out and posting bad news also post good news?

Just a thought. Cute line about the $50, though. :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »
Why do "other folks" have to post the good news; why can't the same people, who spend all that time searching out and posting bad news also post good news?

I knew you'd ask that.  My short answer: see my letter "(b)."  People post what interests them, and what they think will interest someone else.  Another short answer: because the "other folks" are the ones complaining... lol.  ;)  Solve your own problem.  :D

Long answer: why do you have the impression that people make a note to themselves to "search out and post" a bad news item on LGM??  I mean, maybe I'm giving folks too much credit, but I highly doubt that anyone is actually looking for bad news to post on LGM.  Truthfully, there are only about 3 or 4 folks here that regularly post news items.  There is nothing about them that gives me the impression that they wake up in the morning and set about their business of finding a bad news item to post.  What's more realistic and most likely is that these are people who read the news online, and when they see an article they want to share, they share it.  Period.

Nobody is doing any research to find the worst news of the day and post.

And as for me personally, I'm not going to add another item to my list of things to do, and make myself seek out a good news item to post on LGM just to bring balance to the site.  :-\  That's just bonkers.  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »

Maybe they are like the media, They wanna post something that they think is gonna get the most replies. And face it, we love contreversial stuff. Just a thought

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
Maybe they are like the media, They wanna post something that they think is gonna get the most replies. And face it, we love contreversial stuff. Just a thought
Speak for yourself.  I don't like controversy.  I like things to be nice and easy going. BTJM

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
I knew you'd ask that.  My short answer: see my letter "(b)."  People post what interests them, and what they think will interest someone else.  Another short answer: because the "other folks" are the ones complaining... lol.  ;)  Solve your own problem.  :D

Long answer: why do you have the impression that people make a note to themselves to "search out and post" a bad news item on LGM??  I mean, maybe I'm giving folks too much credit,

Nobody is doing any research to find the worst news of the day and post.

And as for me personally, I'm not going to add another item to my list of things to do, and make myself seek out a good news item to post on LGM just to bring balance to the site.  :-\  That's just bonkers.  :D :D :D :D :D

So, bad news interests people and they think it'll interest others. Ok. :-\

Because those are the only types of 'news' items that they post, usually. And, perhaps you are giving folks too much credit. There's no way to really tell, I guess.

I disagree.

And as for me personally, I don't like the 'news' like that, it would be JUST as bonkers for me to search out "good news" just to bring balance to this site.  :-\

We could do this all day (:D); it's just two different schools of thought, is all.  :)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Speak for yourself.  I don't like controversy.  I like things to be nice and easy going. BTJM

Agreed.
So, bad news interests people and they think it'll interest others. Ok. :-\

Because those are the only types of 'news' items that they post, usually. And, perhaps you are giving folks too much credit. There's no way to really tell, I guess.

I disagree.

And as for me personally, I don't like the 'news' like that, it would be JUST as bonkers for me to search out "good news" just to bring balance to this site.  :-\

We could do this all day (:D); it's just two different schools of thought, is all.   :)

To the points in bold, I totally agree.  ;D  **extends hand**  Nice debate, dude.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:10 AM »

You're NOT the only one. :-\

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
Agreed.
To the points in bold, I totally agree.  ;D  **extends hand**  Nice debate, dude.

**shakes hand** Agreed.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up