LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disrespectful  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Angel4ever

• LGM Member

Disrespectful
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
I've been singing in a community choir for about a year. I've been having problems with the director disrespecting me from the beginning. I have been searching myself to see if there is anything I have done wrong. I can't find anything. I come to rehearsals on time, pay my dues every month, and always volunteering. I am a quiet person who gets along with everybody. I hate being mean or disrecpectful to anyone. I have tried to talk to him about it, but he says it in my head, or I just want special attention. I told him I hate being the center of attention, and I don't expect special treatment. I want him to treat me like everybody else. Its hard to watch him go around before rehearsals greeting other members. By the time, we finally get to speak, he has a mean look on his face and don't say hi. He will ask for a cd or lyrics and that's the end of our conversation. Last week, he asked if I could come sing at a church with a few of the members. He told me he will call the next day for time and directions. He call me the next the day, asking where I'm at, because they were about to leave. I told him he did not call me this morning, he sworn up and down I called him. Now he want answer my text or calls, but he did text me about the next event. I have been treating him with kindness and the upmost respect, but  nothing is changing. I'm also the music director at my church, I have been treating him the way I would like my members to treat me. I love sing with group and I don't want to quit. I don't know how else to handle this situation.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Disrespectful
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
Sounds like it could be a personality conflict....if you can't stick it out, you might have to part because of 'creative differences'.
In any case, I admire you for taking the high road with this relationship - keep treating the situation with patience and Christian love...

Offline Angel4ever

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:33:17 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 02:28:28 AM »
You know.......

I...........

Just make it a business thang....Hurts as a christian sometimes but hey....it's not God's will for you to just be walked on either.
I Love You!!!

Offline NewLevel

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 02:30:12 AM »
I've been down that road and I can say it's difficult to even worship with the people who mistreat you. I say if you can do as much as you can to stay away from conversations with the person and if not just be nice and compassionate.

The only way to break it...is show love and be patient as you're doing. And know that God is fighting your battle...I'm praying for you!
"When your down to nothin'... God is up to somethin'..."

Offline Angel4ever

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 01:21:33 AM »
I've been down that road and I can say it's difficult to even worship with the people who mistreat you. I say if you can do as much as you can to stay away from conversations with the person and if not just be nice and compassionate.

The only way to break it...is show love and be patient as you're doing. And know that God is fighting your battle...I'm praying for you!
Yeah it is difficult. I realized when I sing with my church choir and at the studio, I sound a whole lot better. Thanks for the testimony, I thought I was the only one. Did things change for you?

Offline NewLevel

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
Yeah it is difficult. I realized when I sing with my church choir and at the studio, I sound a whole lot better. Thanks for the testimony, I thought I was the only one. Did things change for you?

After all that stuff, the person really started to respect me more and we started singing together. And now whenever she wants to sing...she asks me to play the keys for her and not a guest musician. I really seen the Lord move in ways I can't describe here but promotion only comes from the Lord...He resists the proud and blesses the humble!
"When your down to nothin'... God is up to somethin'..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up