LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cogic bounce???  (Read 1855 times)

Offline zeph1

• LGM Member
  • Let Everything That Hath Breath Praise the Lord!!!

cogic bounce???
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:04:29 PM »
 ;D

hey fam,

got a question for you, i have a Bishop Patterson cd, and have been tryin to figure out how to play the bounce to some of those songs Like: He never has left me alone, Sweet Jesus, I'll take Jesus for Mine, Jesus I'll never forget"?

i need some help quickly cause my community choir wants to sing some of these songs and songs like them.

thanx

z

And Remember it's All About The Kingdom

;D
"Remeber it's all About the Kingdom"

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God shall supply every need ;BELIEVE and RECEIVE

Re: cogic bounce???
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »
WHAT'S UP FELLOW COGIC BROTHER I GIVE YOU A POST EXAMPLE LATER , YOU HAVE TO MANUVAL BETWEEN YOUR TRITONES & CHORDS. BASICALLY IF YOUR PLAYING 1-4-5(b7th)  chord PROGRESSION
IF, IT AIN'T IN THE WORD, IT'S NOT OF GOD!

Offline zeph1

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »
sorry bro. i ann't cogic, but love the church, i went to the aim convention last year, but have always followed the cogic demonination, i concider myself to be (Bapticostal) or (Bapticogic) ;D ;D ;D

but i do hear the differances in the music from your straight traditional/contempory Baptist. to your straight out cogic style of playing, if you could give me some tips it would be great.

z

and remember "It's all about the Kingdom"

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
but i do hear the differances in the music from your straight traditional/contempory Baptist. to your straight out cogic style of playing, if you could give me some tips it would be great.
That's interesting because I was playing some organ riffs for a recording and one of the guys asked do I play for a COGIC church.  I replied no but I guess I just like that style and manage to work it in sometimes.  I like a lot of various styles and make them my own.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline zeph1

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
do you have any tips on how i could do this, i was talking to a friend of mine and all he said was that it's all about the left hand??? is this true, i am not strong with my left hand at all. if you were playing "Sweet Jesus" in Ab what would your left hand be doing in relation to your right hand???

z

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »
That's interesting because I was playing some organ riffs for a recording and one of the guys asked do I play for a COGIC church.  I replied no but I guess I just like that style and manage to work it in sometimes.  I like a lot of various styles and make them my own.
IT'S BECAUSE OF THE REPETITIVE  SOUND THAT  GIVES IT'S UNIQUE FLAVOR...SWEET CAUSE YOU CAN USE A FEW CHORDS ,INVERT THEM, ARPEGGIATE THEM WITH RUNS & LICKS. LOL!!! ;D ;D

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »
do you have any tips on how i could do this, i was talking to a friend of mine and all he said was that it's all about the left hand??? is this true, i am not strong with my left hand at all. if you were playing "Sweet Jesus" in Ab what would your left hand be doing in relation to your right hand???

z
SORRY, BRUH I FORGOT ALL ABOUT YOU LOL!  I'M NOT @ HOME RIGHT NOW SO, I POST LATER.                                                                                                                   
A LITTLE EX.  Ab  practice   bouncing off these chords back & forward in  1,2,1,2,1,2,.......til you get the feel of boucing in sync , then try the 3......1,2,3,2,1,2,3,2,1                       
(1)   C-F# / Ab-C-Eb             or    F# / Ab-C-Eb  (for not so strong L.H)            or     Gb / Gb-B-Eb                                                                                                           
(2)   B-F   / Ab-Db-F             or    F   / Ab-C-Eb                                            or      F  / F-Ab-Db                                                                                                         
(3)   Eb-Ab/  Bb-Eb-Gb          or    Eb /  Bb-Eb-Gb                                          or      Eb /  Eb-Ab -B                                                                                           ***Practice these  and let me know then I'll give you how to hook them to the lyrics  this will strengthen your cordination - I  promise you it will. ;) 8)                                                                                                         
Pages: [1]   Go Up