LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CALLING ALL SAINTS TO THIS TOPIC OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE!!!!!!!  (Read 7983 times)

Offline divinemusician

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Striving to be a Proverbs 31
    • www.freewebs.com/lkdesignandprm

Re: CALLING ALL SAINTS TO THIS TOPIC OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
Man, If you was working for me, you would have been fired.  You tell these people you gonna be there and don't show and don't call and tell them you can't make it. So they can find a replacement.  That is not cool.  Man it's the same in the work place.  If you don't show or call, you fired.  So stop crying, and get use to it.  Man, I hated it when musicians are a no show.  That is so common amounst musicians.  Why is that?  Yo ego want let you pick up the phone? 

wwwwwwwWWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT  THE HECK YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

And on most jobs (at least here in Gainesville, Fl) you don't call or show up 1 time they just write you up, it is no firing. dude didn't say he missed it to go clubbin or do something crazy, he honestly missed it for a reason not an excuse. don't confuse good musicians with the slackers!!!! call me crazy but you not a perfect musician, things happen and this is something that happened by mistake not on purpose.... (boy can't wait to here the recall on this one)
DivineMusician
1Love
My Praise is high and my worship is deep. God you have been so good to ME.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
I think it would be foolish to lose a good faithful musician over one incident. If the pastor/MOM apreciates the musician, he'd be able to forgive him in this situation. And him calling you out during service was dead wrong.

Offline divinemusician

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
I think it would be foolish to lose a good faithful musician over one incident. If the pastor/MOM apreciates the musician, he'd be able to forgive him in this situation. And him calling you out during service was dead wrong.

co sign
DivineMusician
1Love

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Man, If you was working for me, you would have been fired.  You tell these people you gonna be there and don't show and don't call and tell them you can't make it. So they can find a replacement.  That is not cool.  Man it's the same in the work place.  If you don't show or call, you fired.  So stop crying, and get use to it.  Man, I hated it when musicians are a no show.  That is so common amounst musicians.  Why is that?  Yo ego want let you pick up the phone? 

Hmmm...judging from your response I'd say you didn't even read the original post.  If you had, then u would see that your comments are totally off-base in this particular situation.  He was not a no-show, he showed up late because he had spent all week studying for school and over-slept.  He did inform the pastor, and not only did the pastor seem to not care, but he put him on blast the following Sunday morning in service.  How would u feel in this situation?

There are times when we are willing, but our bodies just shut-down or circumstances come up.  It's in these cases we as saints of God should show compassion and not just get rid of them.  ;)
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline goodnmemphis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
I will not focus so much on the actions of the pastor, etc...but I will say this.  I play for a church and am desperately trying to leave and find another assembly in which I can be used.  My reasons for leaving are similar.  My HOME church, however......my pastor teaches BALANCE.  We used to have Sunday morning and sunday night service.  We now have ONE service at 2:00 p.m.  1,400 members approximately.....one service.  Why?  Because FAMILY.....personal time....it's all important.  I know of churches here that have service on Labor Day, July 4th....etc.  Don't get me wrong.  I DO believe that often people make excuses that are not valid to miss church, choir rehearsal, etc.  The Word teaches us to be faithful to the house of God, but it also teaches us to be BALANCED...it's what separates the saints from fanatics.

Case in point (as I close)...lol.  I know a sister right now who just got saved attending another church.  She doesn't work.  She's on welfare, in fact.  Every time you talk to her, they're in revival or singing somewhere, etc. When does she clean her house?  When does she help her 3 kids with homework? 

Enough on that...  that's my $ .02 worth.

Offline minstrel71

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »
As long as you know God and can hear His voice, you are ok.  I know alot of pastors that "twist the word" and God is not in that.  Be encouraged my brother.  Stay focus and allow  how you respond to this be your stepping stone to the next level of your destiny.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
As long as you know God and can hear His voice, you are ok.  I know alot of pastors that "twist the word" and God is not in that.  Be encouraged my brother.  Stay focus and allow  how you respond to this be your stepping stone to the next level of your destiny.

Why would you even go to a church where the pastor "twist the word"? In order for me to go to a church, the Pastor has to be on point, not just the music

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »
The incident had more to do with you than the preacher.  It was up to you to see that you had an alarm or means to see that you would be awake in time for your commitment.  If you didn't mean to go when you went to sleep, you should have called.  What does your word mean? How important is the fact of keeping your commitments to you?  (Put the action of the preacher out of the room).  Ask yourself, was I wrong?  If I mean to be a person of integrity should I continue in the same way, or should I change?
Instead of making excuses, should I have said that I was wrong and apologized? Only you can answer.

After you have done that, you can then address the actions of the preacher.   Did he have a right to be upset because you didn't come and didn't call? His service was important to him.  Most people would certainly have said something to you about it. 

Personally, where the preacher erred (in my opinion) was taking the matter to the pulpit.  His conversation (in my opinion) should have been directly and privately with you.  Many times we see the pulpit being used as a whipping tool. The person being whipped cannot respond or explain, verify or dispute factors relative to the whipping.   besides, it is embarrasing, I imagine, even if true. (people usually know who and what the pastor is talking about)

After you have considered all of the facts relating to the matter, give him the respect of talking directly to him.  If you didn't like it, tell him, not all the members.  If you considered that you were wrong, admit that too.  If possible, come to an agreement that you both can live with.

berbie

Still, it was all about who you are. 

Offline divinemusician

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »
The incident had more to do with you than the preacher.  It was up to you to see that you had an alarm or means to see that you would be awake in time for your commitment.  If you didn't mean to go when you went to sleep, you should have called.  What does your word mean? How important is the fact of keeping your commitments to you?  (Put the action of the preacher out of the room).  Ask yourself, was I wrong?  If I mean to be a person of integrity should I continue in the same way, or should I change?
Instead of making excuses, should I have said that I was wrong and apologized? Only you can answer.

After you have done that, you can then address the actions of the preacher.   Did he have a right to be upset because you didn't come and didn't call? His service was important to him.  Most people would certainly have said something to you about it.  [/b]

Personally, where the preacher erred (in my opinion) was taking the matter to the pulpit.  His conversation (in my opinion) should have been directly and privately with you.  Many times we see the pulpit being used as a whipping tool. The person being whipped cannot respond or explain, verify or dispute factors relative to the whipping.   besides, it is embarrasing, I imagine, even if true. (people usually know who and what the pastor is talking about)

After you have considered all of the facts relating to the matter, give him the respect of talking directly to him.  If you didn't like it, tell him, not all the members.  If you considered that you were wrong, admit that too.  If possible, come to an agreement that you both can live with.

berbie

Still, it was all about who you are. 

WOW YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE WHOLE POINT...

HE DIDN'T MEAN TO MISS CHURCH, HE GOT THERE HE JUST GOT THERE LATE... AND THE PREACHER WAS WRONG... PERSONAL MATTERS SHOULD BE HANDLED IN A PERSONAL SETTING...

YOU GUYS ACT LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE SOMETHING HAPPEN TO WHERE YOU COULD NOT KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL WORD.. HE DIDN'T AHVE AN EXCUSE HE MADE A SIMPLE MISTAKE....

I AM GLAD SOME OF YOU GUYS.... NEVERMIND I WILL KEEP THAT TO MYSELF...
DivineMusician
1Love

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
Not to sound harsh, but if he's twisting scriptures then...umm...I'm not quite so sure you need to be there in the first place.  :-\

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 02:07:38 PM »
Not to sound harsh, but if he's twisting scriptures then...umm...I'm not quite so sure you need to be there in the first place.  :-\

Straight.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
The man asked for opinions.  I gave mine.  It could have been church, or some other commitment/work situation.  The same would apply (IN MY OPINION) But you must understand, I am 70 years old.  I don't think that I would be contradicted if I said, people often don't think the same today as they did in my youth.  I gave my opinion.  He will have to determine its worth

berbie

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »
This is wha I think............

You fell asleep at 1:00 pm on Frid'y afternoon. You woke up at 8:02 pm......great nap by the way
Your body stayed sleep and it didn't get up. GOD DIDN'T TOUCH AN' WAKE YOU UP NEITHER!!! It's not anybody's fault.

Anybody who doesn't give you the benefit of the doubt in this situation needs to seek God for an understanding heart because school is tough and it drains you totally at times. You shouldn't even have to ask for an understanding.

Now for the fun stuff

Taking naps are never better than when you're tired from school work. Turn on some ESPN Classic and think you're gonna watch it but it watches you.
I Love You!!!

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:01 AM »
ok, i am sorry for taking your word wrong... but i totally agree with that. now that you have explained it. i totally think musicians should be faithful and when we give our word let our word be our bond. but when those things come up that we have no control over and life takes that nucontrollabel course we should be understanding to those facts too... but first and formost be FAITHFUL AND YOUR RIGHT LET YOUR WORD STAND

Its not a problem at all. I am currently in school now and I am the music director at the ministry that I serve at that happens to be an hour away. Also, I have a full-time job that is about 45 minutes away. Somethings in life are uncontrollabe( i.e car accident, kid sick, working late, etc.) Other things are avoidable. Working on a project at the last minute is avoidable. Its not fair to not honor your word because you waited to the last minute to work on a project that was presented weeks ahead of time.( If my assumption is wrong I apologize)

I think that the poster sounds like a faithful musician who made an honest mistake. I do not think he needs to be fired. We all have our bad days sometimes. Personally, I would let it slide if his past attendence was untarnished. Nevertheless, he was late and he is wrong to try to justify his tardiness as not being his own fault.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »
I think that the poster sounds like a faithful musician who made an honest mistake. I do not think he needs to be fired. We all have our bad days sometimes. Personally, I would let it slide if his past attendence was untarnished. Nevertheless, he was late and he is wrong to try to justify his tardiness as not being his own fault.

And There you have it

Offline redman684

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Silver and Gold have I not. But such as I have...

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
As a minister/musician/electrical engineer, I understand that this young man made a mistake. While a bad one, i did not feel in any way that he was throwing the blame on anyone but himself. He did what he did. There were many times that i thought i was going to be in service (esp while i was in school) that i overslept or couldn't make it and my pastor never would do that. My opinion is if The Word had to be twisted then it wasn't God's will anyway. Now i am sure he knows that he should not have waited til the last minute, but it happens. He was wrong, but no one is perfect. Either way, his pastor could have handled that better.
God is so perfect that he can't fail..even if he wanted to

Offline MrTea

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
First of all, it is a very dangerous think to attack a pastor or any man of God.  Attacking an anointted man of God is like attacking God.  I wouldn't do such a foolish thing if I were you. Secondly,   The Pastor may have been speaking in general about what he sees as a problem in his church. Of people not keeping their commitments and the young man took it personally.   So a word, to the wise, "Touch not my Anointed" saith The Lord

Offline azikiwee323

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
First of all, it is a very dangerous think to attack a pastor or any man of God.  Attacking an anointted man of God is like attacking God.  I wouldn't do such a foolish thing if I were you. Secondly,   The Pastor may have been speaking in general about what he sees as a problem in his church. Of people not keeping their commitments and the young man took it personally.   So a word, to the wise, "Touch not my Anointed" saith The Lord

Allow me to respectfully address this. From my point of view the poster did not attack the man of God rather he described how he felt regarding how the Man of God handled the situation. I agree with many of the others that the poster had a responsibility to be in a place at a certain time. I agree he should have probably completed his assignment earlier instead of waiting (even though the assignment was probably postponed due to trying to fulfill Church obligations). However the fact remains that what his pastor did hurt him. What it seems like you're telling him is disregard how he is feeling because that's the man of God. I can't agree with that, especially using the text that you quoted. That text wasn't addressing some set gift, pastor, or spiritual leader it was addressing GOD'S People. If it's read in context of the scripture we get the full meaning of the text. It's found in I Chronicles 16:22, however, let's look at vss 20 and 21 to get the full meaning of what was said. Here's all the verses together:

And [when] they went from nation to nation, and from [one] kingdom to another people;
He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
[Saying], Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

In the text he's talking about the Children of Israel as a nation and how they were bounced about from nation to nation and kingdom to kingdom, but God stayed the hands of those Kings by saying don't touch my anointed people nor do my spokesmen (the mouthpiece of God and subsequent leaders of these people) no harm. I know that this scripture has been quoted time and time again to tell people to ?Keep your mouth off of the man of God?, however it has been taught wrongly from a scripture that was not read in context. 

Now, I will give the poster some wise counsel in my opinion. Most times when things like what you?ve described happens we want to bounce this stuff off people to get different viewpoints sometimes as a sounding board and other times to see if people agree with us. I?ve done it before and if we all be honest most people on the board have done it. However, sometimes it?s just best to confront the offender with the offense. In other words to just sit down with Pastor and let him know what?s on your heart, that way once the issue has been hashed out it?s done and no one else has to know about it but you, Pastor, and the Lord. I hope this helps and I pray that all becomes well in whatever God leads you to do.

Quay

Offline davidenoch

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »
This is such a biased conversation. We only have one side of the story. There is no rhyme or reason to talk about the pastor or M.O.M b/c they are not here to fend for themselves....Don't get me wrong I feel the brothas pain, and you all have been giving great counsel however lets keep the pastor and the M.O.M out when giving advice to the Brotha....Just my thoughts....

P.S... Are you 100% sure the title of his message was based off your situation?

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »
What ever happened to MERCY and GRACE-in the LORD's house?  Sounds like a faithful servant ;maybe could have/should have organized school work better.MAYBE LORD protected this servant by having him fall asleep.Did the service NOT continue? So what's the issue?The "pastor" was let down,his "vision" didn't happen according to his timetable.So;he in "love"(?) lectures a son.

To me,this reflects  a great evil in the church today" demand,demand,demand,complain,lecture" etc. WORD says "in last days,men will be evil,lovers of self,unkind,UNloving".Was this musician ever compensated for his efforts? Any praise for the 99% where he does well?Bet NOT!

A lot of the folks calling the shots remind me of a contestant from idol or such;when she was dismissed was boo-hooing "but I just want to win". Well,who doesn't?

A GREAT LESSON in this-maybe time spent in WORD is MUCH better than time spent with (?) church folk in church PLAYIN' church INSTEAD of BEING the BODY!!!!!!! Bro;if you had 1 sec of doubt about your salvation because of "pastors" preachin-you need to DISTANCE FROM that man!!! Spend ALL that time with BIBLE open;be taught by HOLY SPIRIT." ALL SCRIPTURE is from LORD;useful for doctrine,correction,edification........." (2TIM 3:16). Live by/for WORD-scrap the lies of men,after all" let GOD be GOD because ALL men are liars".
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up