LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!  (Read 246 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »
Well they loved my teaching on Wednesday and would love for me to teach Bible study for the rest of the month...  ;D ;D ;D

As yall know my series is on leadership... When I get a chance I will post my lesson for you to read..

My next lession is on the Qualifications of Leadership... I will go into Speech, Attitude, Thought life, and Appearance...

What I need help with is some scriptures on how a Leader should carry themselves as far as appearance... I actually came up blank... So could my LGM brothers and sisters help me out...

I would GREATLY appreciate it...
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...

Offline annointed3

• LGM Member

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
The scripture below was talking specifically about a bishop, but I think it could apply to anyone in a leadership position.

Titus 1:7-9 - "For an overseer, as God’s manager, must be blameless, not arrogant, not quick tempered, not addicted to wine, not a bully, not greedy for money, but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, righteous, holy, self-controlled, holding to the faithful message as taught, so that he will be able both to encourage with sound teaching and to refute those who contradict it."

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »
If I may make one suggestion:  It appears that you have defined qualifying characteristics and are now trying to find scripture to support your theories.  Instead, I'd suggest that you find "leaders" in the bible and examine their characterists- starting with their call from the Lord.  That approach will lend itself to more credibility, IMO. Moreover, I'd suggest evaluating how their leadership style helped to accomplish God's purpose for His people.  Look at people like David (faith, repentance), Paul (zeal, faith, power), Moses (meekness), etc.  I just gave some examples of characteristics that each exhibited. Of course, there are more that you could discuss. I know that you only have until Wednesday, so you may not be able to fully examine more than one or two people, but it's a start.  You did say that you're doing a series, so you don't have to tackle every aspect in one sitting.

Hope this helps.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
If I may make one suggestion:  It appears that you have defined qualifying characteristics and are now trying to find scripture to support your theories.  Instead, I'd suggest that you find "leaders" in the bible and examine their characterists- starting with their call from the Lord.  That approach will lend itself to more credibility, IMO. Moreover, I'd suggest evaluating how their leadership style helped to accomplish God's purpose for His people.  Look at people like David (faith, repentance), Paul (zeal, faith, power), Moses (meekness), etc.  I just gave some examples of characteristics that each exhibited. Of course, there are more that you could discuss. I know that you only have until Wednesday, so you may not be able to fully examine more than one or two people, but it's a start.  You did say that you're doing a series, so you don't have to tackle every aspect in one sitting.

Hope this helps.

I think U made a good observation there lordluvr & I have to co-sign that..
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up