LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a dilemma....would like suggestions  (Read 8614 times)

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Got a dilemma....would like suggestions
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
     There are a couple things that need to be addressed. "Work First. Church Second." This comment can be taken various ways. Don't be so quick to take the worst viewpoint. Alot of people tend to mix up "Body of Christ" and "Church" (gathering place). Too many people are caught up in "going to the church BUILDING". Who cares where a person plays or worships? The worship and praise goes to God. A "church" isn't needed to experience God. The committment is to GOD 1st, not a group of people.
     As far as the money aspect, maybe more churches should get real and INVEST into the music department and not be SLOoooooow about it. The "church" experience has become too political. Way too many hoops to jump through. Folks want good music. Folks want the musicians to be on their "A" game. They want 7 rehearsals before Sunday. People expect all of this without realizing that musicians have expenses and BILLS just like everyone else. If "the church" was doing what it was suppossed to be doing in this case, someone would have seen the need and helped this person in their time of need. The need for finances doesn't equate to a lack of a relationship with God.
     Too many people are TOO involved with "church" and not involved enough with GOD! You can't blame all of the "church's" problems on the musician's needs and/or priorities.
     As far as "Blessing oneself"...... A person won't get blessed by sitting there and doing nothing. A person can have all the faith in the world. But it amounts to ZERO until you put it into action.

AMEN TO THAT!!! :)

Offline NINOdaDRUMMA

• LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
IDK man jus remember god works in misterious ways.. This gig could be a way for him to get you discovered and move onto much bigger things in praising god or it could be jus a temporary gig.. But really when it comes down to it its all about wat u think the purpose of it is cuz ultimately no one thing someone says here is going to completely make up your mind so the best thing for us to truly do is jus support u in w.e decision u decide to make. good luck an were here for u fam...

Offline JHJr

• LGM Member
    • Myspace site

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »
I had a simular situation in that i realized that the home church wasn't willing to pay, but wanted me to travel, buy supplies and attend practices and EXTRA services for free/with my own expenses. However, they had enough money to pay the organist. So i kicked rocks!! {This was my decision}, they definatly suffured from my absence and i suffered very little too because i didn't leave under God's timing. Moreover. I did feel good because i went to a COGIC church and played there for free, the difffrence is that they invested gratitude and appreciation and I no longer felt used and abused from the old church. So it's not always about money but what you value and what GOd says. 

Offline blesedone1

• LGM Member
  • Happily, Happily Married

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »
     There are a couple things that need to be addressed. "Work First. Church Second." This comment can be taken various ways. Don't be so quick to take the worst viewpoint. Alot of people tend to mix up "Body of Christ" and "Church" (gathering place). Too many people are caught up in "going to the church BUILDING". Who cares where a person plays or worships? The worship and praise goes to God. A "church" isn't needed to experience God. The committment is to GOD 1st, not a group of people.
     As far as the money aspect, maybe more churches should get real and INVEST into the music department and not be SLOoooooow about it. The "church" experience has become too political. Way too many hoops to jump through. Folks want good music. Folks want the musicians to be on their "A" game. They want 7 rehearsals before Sunday. People expect all of this without realizing that musicians have expenses and BILLS just like everyone else. If "the church" was doing what it was suppossed to be doing in this case, someone would have seen the need and helped this person in their time of need. The need for finances doesn't equate to a lack of a relationship with God.
     Too many people are TOO involved with "church" and not involved enough with GOD! You can't blame all of the "church's" problems on the musician's needs and/or priorities.
     As far as "Blessing oneself"...... A person won't get blessed by sitting there and doing nothing. A person can have all the faith in the world. But it amounts to ZERO until you put it into action.

yeah, still doesn't make sense. Go back and pray again! ?/?

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 04:04:26 PM »
Makes plenty of sense. Get out of the deep and pray for UNDERSTANDING!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline HeavenlyBeat08

• LGM Member
  • Who ever is first shall be last and the last first
    • http://myspace.com/nicolettecarney

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »
waht up bro? hey I really think this is a test bro, I'm not gonna preach to you or attempt to but stay faithful and true to yourself and you will come out the Victor, trust me its worth it,

p.s. Pass the test wit flying colors and your reward will be waaay greater than an extra $100 a wk ;D ;D ;D
I agree
http://myspace.com/nicolettecarney
GIRLS CAN ROCK ON THE SET TOO!!!!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 05:06:58 PM »
I don't think that God will condemn you for playing at a restaurant.  It could be a path to an even bigger blessing.  Follow your own heart.  Don't let any of us sway you either way.  Some people think you will go to Hell for not using the word God in every sentence.  That happens in this forum as well.  But the church will play you quicker than the outside world.  Ask me how I know.  I would say

I mean it's one thing to live on faith, but a check filled out with faith on the "pay to the order of" line will still bounce waiting on faith to pay the bill.  It's not dirty money, so there's nothing wrong with the opportunity.  Yall act like he said he was going to play for Iron Maiden. 
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline JHJr

• LGM Member
    • Myspace site

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 07:12:02 PM »
i got one thing to say to that and it's going to offend someone but i don't care because this strikes a huge nerve #1 " u don't see the pastor getting his check filled out on faith. yet they question your position in the body of christ and your gift. BUT!, he's is going to make sure he doesn't go hungry via tites and offering. #2 I'm really sick of the greed in the church on account of SOME of the church leadership for example i don't know if you realize this but why do they always have these mega church (wealthy) pastors on TBN speaking about give me 7, 70, 700, or 7,000 dollars for TBN and GOD will bless you. Don't get me wrong there are some genuine people speaking on there. but i get appaled when the speaker has million dollar homes, cars and money from thier church salary, that will make your head spin and they ask u for the money when collectivelly, they can raise the needed money. I believe that greedy capitalist spirts are on the leaders of most of these influentual churches. however this statement does not include ministers that make ther own money with books, consulting and ,etc. Like I said i don't like what i see stemming from my own personal eperiences with these snakes.

But in your case, ask God, have patience and he will direct your path

Offline NINOdaDRUMMA

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »
I don't think that God will condemn you for playing at a restaurant.  It could be a path to an even bigger blessing.  Follow your own heart.  Don't let any of us sway you either way.  Some people think you will go to Hell for not using the word God in every sentence.  That happens in this forum as well.  But the church will play you quicker than the outside world.

... thats exactly what i meant.. i guess u jus worded it a lil better lol

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:57 PM »
i got one thing to say to that and it's going to offend someone but i don't care because this strikes a huge nerve #1 " u don't see the pastor getting his check filled out on faith. yet they question your position in the body of christ and your gift. BUT!, he's is going to make sure he doesn't go hungry via tites and offering. #2 I'm really sick of the greed in the church on account of SOME of the church leadership for example i don't know if you realize this but why do they always have these mega church (wealthy) pastors on TBN speaking about give me 7, 70, 700, or 7,000 dollars for TBN and GOD will bless you. Don't get me wrong there are some genuine people speaking on there. but i get appaled when the speaker has million dollar homes, cars and money from thier church salary, that will make your head spin and they ask u for the money when collectivelly, they can raise the needed money. I believe that greedy capitalist spirts are on the leaders of most of these influentual churches. however this statement does not include ministers that make ther own money with books, consulting and ,etc. Like I said i don't like what i see stemming from my own personal eperiences with these snakes.

But in your case, ask God, have patience and he will direct your path

Theres nothing wrong with Pastors being multi millionares and having nice things IF everybody else in his ministry is being taken care of right (money) !!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »
Theres nothing wrong with Pastors being multi millionares and having nice things IF everybody else in his ministry is being taken care of right (money) !!!

...well someone needs to take care of me so that I can too join the Elite Spiritual Club and drive these to church and live here..... (sarcasm)

Windermere, Florida

Tag: JFUNKY1

Tag: 2FUNKY

Tag: FunkFam

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
...well someone needs to take care of me so that I can too join the Elite Spiritual Club and drive these to church and live here..... 

Windermere, Florida

Tag: JFUNKY1

Tag: 2FUNKY

Tag: FunkFam

I already have all of that my spanish ni**@

Blitcenary

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
Yo...this is getting really messed up.  I'm not going to point any names but...are we all chirstians here?
Another thing I want to say is that every church is different.  I don't know how corrupt or uncorrupt your pastors are, but I believe mine to be strong and humble men of God.  They never tell us how much we should give into the offering...EVER.  The only advice we ever get on that is, "Pray to God and ask him to guide you in how you should approch this."
When we needed money for a new building, that's exactly what they said, "Go to God and ask him how you should approch this."

Back to the original question; I stand by what I said before and add this,
 "What would you enjoy more?  Worshiping with your instrument?  Or playing your instrument."
I believe playing in my church band to be payment in itself.  It's SO much fun!  And I'm in two other bands so it's not like it's my only chance to 'jam'.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »

...whatever man.  Yall dudes are hustling the Gospel like that, huh? 

Yo...this is getting really messed up.  I'm not going to point any names but...are we all chirstians here?

...I'm not a "chirstians".  I don't even know what that is.  I think bigblack is though.lol
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

Curtis, we stop using the n-word in Black America years ago bruh. Well, some of us did. It ain't cute, nor cool. Whenever I've talked to you on the phone, you sound real proper, like a valley boy with Burkenstocks on with the heal and the toe out... Chill out man.
 Plus, you drive a Chevy SUV, just like me, stop frontin'..

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
Curtis, we stop using the n-word in Black America years ago bruh. Well, some of us did. It ain't cute, nor cool. When ever I've talked to you on the phone, you sound real proper, like a valley boy with Burkenstocks on with the heal and the toe out... Chill out man.
 Plus, you drive a Chevy SUV, just like me, stop frontin'..

Why are you gettin' on his accent? He can't help that. LOL!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
Yo...this is getting really messed up.  I'm not going to point any names but...are we all christians here?
Another thing I want to say is that every church is different.  I don't know how corrupt or uncorrupt your pastors are, but I believe mine to be strong and humble men of God.  They never tell us how much we should give into the offering...EVER.  The only advice we ever get on that is, "Pray to God and ask him to guide you in how you should approach this."
When we needed money for a new building, that's exactly what they said, "Go to God and ask him how you should approach this."

Back to the original question; I stand by what I said before and add this,
 "What would you enjoy more?  Worshiping with your instrument?  Or playing your instrument."
I believe playing in my church band to be payment in itself.  It's SO much fun!  And I'm in two other bands so it's not like it's my only chance to 'jam'.

Worshiping with your instrument?  Or playing your instrument." I like to do both, again its biblical that one gets paid for his work in the Church!!!! You cant condemn anyone because they want to be paid!!! If you don't then that your opinion and I respect and commend you for that. Me personally my Church doesn't pay me a cent! I wish they would, I get paid when I play at everybody else's Church (and good too!) so why should mine be different!? I  have mouths and bills too just like the music Pastor and the Pastors!!!!

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »
b_jizzle20 I need a breakdown of what's been going on here. I'm to lazy to read through 3 pages. . .

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Why are you gettin' on his accent? He can't help that. LOL!
He doesn't have an accent. He talks like a  American caucasian from Kansas, not French or a hood thug. He's not from the hood, and that's ok. But don't act like you hard online. Keep it real. He's actually a good person, and I like him. He's a good dude. He needs to stop using the N-word on this website. Some folks will probably say "Oh BBD is keeping it real, he hard", but I don't think so and plus he's say's he can't rep Luen with that type of talk. I got his heads... :-\

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »
b_jizzle20 I need a breakdown of what's been going on here. I'm to lazy to read through 3 pages. . .

Current Thread summary:

-shall176 has a dilema....
-A weekly resturant gig for 100+/week on one of his church rehersal days
-He needs the extra gwop but he wants to play for church but the church dont pay him.
-What should he do????
-Get pay, and not play, on Sunday.... or make money, another way, and play, on Sunday??
-Some say....."Get the pay, and ask the church if its....Okay." others say, "Play on Sunday and God will make another way."
-Some churches like to take advantage of their musicians
-Follow your convictions
-Nothing wrong with Pastors being millionars if everyones taken care of
-JFunky wants to be taken care of (sarcastic)
-The use of the N-word aint cute nor cool
-Audiocr381ve is lazy
-BBD is a good person
-b_jizzle20 gives a breif summary....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up