LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on a bass  (Read 986 times)

Offline splitleft

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Jesus is coming soon, does he know you?

Advice on a bass
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »

Greetings familey, I was Hanging out a GC yesterday,and I came across a Ibanez BTB455QM 5-String Electric Bass. I was thinking about trading my Schecter Diamond series Elite-5 for the Ibanez BTB455QM 5-String Electric Bass.

Do you think the basses are in the same class with each other?

I would like to get some opinons from the men and women of God.

Thanks

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Re: Advice on a bass
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »
Check it out a little closer and make sure it has active electronics if that factor is important to you.  Some of the BTB's are passive.  I may be wrong, but I think that one is passive while your Schecter is active.  I can't find info on it at the Ibanez site because the model numbers have changed.  I will say that Ibanez BTB's have a great tone.     

I can't really see anyhing else that would make one better than the other.  I'd say they're pretty equal as far as class goes.

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »
If you can, play both through your rig to see if there are major tonal differences.  After that, it may be a matter of whether the Ibanez feels better when you play it.  Finally, consider the economy of the trade and the potential resale value of the Ibanez should you decide later to part ways with it.

Offline splitleft

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:42:35 PM »
Is the resale batter on the schecter then the ibanez?

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:04:21 PM »
Is the resale batter on the schecter then the ibanez?
I don't know the answer to that, but if time allows a little research (talkbass, craigslist) may shed some light.  Or others here may have bought or sold one or the other recently.

Offline Godsbassman62

• LGM Member
  • God First

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:37:33 PM »
Well if you are in or near LA. I have a Schecter Elite 5 that I am getting rid of . . . .

James

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »
I say keep your bass and save up for the BTB. You may regret selling it. I remember long ago I has a jazz guitar and sold it to a music store. I think when I went back it was either double or triple the price I got for it. Wont be doing that any more.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline splitleft

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
Im in LA, and im trying to get rid of mines to Lol. Sometimes im feeling , but most of the time im not feeling it. i thought putting barts on it, but it's something about it im not feeling. My lakland 52-05 has a sweet sound. My M Miller is nice to. 

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 07:24:27 AM »
I wouldn't say either of those basses are better than the other. Both are well made. The BTB will have wider string spacing though. Unless you get into the Ibanez Prestige line, I don't think the resale value is that great for either brand. You'd have to keep your instrument in mint condition for it to retain any value.  If you really want to step up in value, save up about $1200-1500 and then look around the pro bass instrument shops.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
Check it out a little closer and make sure it has active electronics if that factor is important to you.  Some of the BTB's are passive.  I may be wrong, but I think that one is passive while your Schecter is active.  I can't find info on it at the Ibanez site because the model numbers have changed.  I will say that Ibanez BTB's have a great tone.     

I know for sure that the BTB455QM has an 18V acitve EQ and Passive Bartolini pickups. Hope that helps.
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater

Offline Godsbassman62

• LGM Member
  • God First

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »
Im in LA, and im trying to get rid of mines to Lol. Sometimes im feeling , but most of the time im not feeling it. i thought putting barts on it, but it's something about it im not feeling. My lakland 52-05 has a sweet sound. My M Miller is nice to. 

My wife bought for she doesn't like the sound either. But She tried can't beat that with a stick!

Be Blessed

James
Pages: [1]   Go Up