LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of things  (Read 6809 times)

Offline 2octaves

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Couple of things
« on: June 02, 2003, 05:34:54 AM »
Hi Guys raining here in CapeTown hope you have some better weather in the US.Just a couple of questions.
1.How difficult is it to move from playing the keyboard to the piano, because I would really love to get a piano at a later stage when I am at a more advance stage of playing my keyboard. However my teacher mention sometimes that she teaches us both ways in playing the full chord in the left hand. Is that all you need or is there more to it?
2. I am in love with Alabaster Box the CeCe Winans version can someone maybe sent me the sheet music for this because I still have problems understanding the chorded version  that is in the songlist.  
3.Sister T love the updates on your websites / keep up the great work
nice articles on marriage.
4.Anyone require the sheet music for I love you Lord in F mail me and I will sent it to you. Saw it last night in my book and will be starting with it soon.

Blessing to you
Mike

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Couple of things
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 03:00:56 PM »
Quote from: 2octaves
1.How difficult is it to move from playing the keyboard to the piano, because I would really love to get a piano at a later stage when I am at a more advance stage of playing my keyboard. However my teacher mention sometimes that she teaches us both ways in playing the full chord in the left hand. Is that all you need or is there more to it?

2. I am in love with Alabaster Box the CeCe Winans version can someone maybe sent me the sheet music for this because I still have problems understanding the chorded version  that is in the songlist.  

3.Sister T love the updates on your websites / keep up the great work
nice articles on marriage.

Mike

Hi Mike!! How's the pregnancy going?? I know the two of you are still full of excitement. Did you hear, I'm going to be a grandmother!!!!

To answer your guestions:
1. Playing a piano and keyboard (unless you have a weighted keys) is totally different. Piano keys are weighted and the touch is different. I learned to play on a keyboard first. When ever we went to a church that had a piano, my sound would be awful because I had no experience with a piano. That's what made me buy a keyboard, Kurzweil< with weighted keys.

2. Specifically, What help do you need with the chords to Alabaster Box?

3. I'm glad you like the new site. I haven't "publicized" it much yet because I have so much more work to do. MY target date is June 30th or sooner.

Offline 2octaves

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Couple of things
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 01:59:29 AM »
Yes grandma to be I heard the news and smiled when I saw your reply to my message, I will fully congratulate you when the baby is there ....... don't know about you getting old story :lol:  :lol:
Excited sure we are and we will be seieng the doctor on Wednesday and he will be making an appointment with the Baby Doctor[gyneee] :P  :P
1) So you suggest that I must get hold of a weighted keyboard if I ever want to play the piano at a later stage? how will this influence my keyboard playing and the setting of the sounds?
2)You know brother Mike is having problems with the ways hymns are chorded out and is comfortable with the sheet music so that is why I am looking for the sheet of Alabaster Box every morning I make sure to listen to the song in the Car on my way to work because it sure live my spirit for the day ahead.But I will be doing is to compare the sheet music I've got with the way hymns are chorded out on the board and see how I can improvise and start learning songs from the board.
3)Keep up the good work on your site as I will be visiting it more often.

So the kids is not home don't forget to spoil that husband of yours and give yourself a treat before they return from the holidays.
Love :wink:  :wink:
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up