LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edify...  (Read 233 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

Edify...
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:28:12 AM »
Dictionary.come deifines edify as

"to instruct or benefit, esp. morally or spiritually; uplift:"

Romans14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and EDIFY one another, even as also ye do.

So why do we tear people down? Why do we discourage them?

It is sad how our Brother's and Sister's in Christ are the very ones who will pull you down... One thing I have noticed is when we are on the path of living right and are about the things of God... Someone who is supposed to be on the same path as you will be the VERY one trying to trip you  up...

We Have Got To Do Better....

Just before Elijah asended to heaven (2 Kings 2) Elisha his faithful servant was approached by the sons of the prophets... and were messy... He had just stated to Elijah "As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee"... and as soon as he said that here come the people of God... in vs 3 "3And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace."

Look at that... They will try to trip you up in a second... They were basically were tryna get him to leave his post... This is so sad... But look at God... God allowed Elisha to see what they were trying to do... and He told them to "Mind Your Business"... It will NOT be the sinner who tries to talk you out of being faithful to your calling - it will be your brother's and sister's in Christ...

Ephesians 4:11-12; 29
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:...

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Again, We have GOT to do better...

We need to speak LIFE to one another... Build each other up... When you see that your Brother and/or Sister is striving to be the Man/Woman of God - God has for them to be... Build them up... Dont tear them down by bringing up what they used to do... Only the enemy does that... He always wanna bring up old stuff..

We ALL have a "BUT GOD" testimony

I used to be an alcoholic... BUT GOD

I used to be a sex addict... BUT GOD

I used to do drug... BUT GOD

I used to smoke... BUT GOD

I USED TO ______ ... BUT GOD

When ever the enemy tried to bring up your past of what you "Used" to do... You say BUT GOD... Because we know that if it had not been for the Lord on our side...

People PLEASE... I urge you as Men and Women of God... Make it your PRIORITY to lift up and edify your fellow Brother and Sister in Christ...

Be Blessed
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...
Pages: [1]   Go Up