LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Stand Out"  (Read 2602 times)

Offline bklynfinest

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/bklynfinest87

"Stand Out"
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
Kind of suprise no one has mentioned Tye And G.A. new album yet, Figured you guys would be giving ur opinions already

I like it musically they did their thing, they went into a whole other direction. I'm loving the rock. Since we are all drummers gotta talk on Spanky he did his thing.

Song wise I kinda like "Victory" more the songs on "Victory" we're just good. On "Stand" Out their good but to me its like the music is more better

You definitely hear some jazz fusion on here in the end of "So Amazing"

All and all to me a good album got it yesterday been listening to it since

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

Re: "Stand Out"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
I was about to post a thread on the album....I love the album....It's different and that's what I like about it....I was not expecting another "Vicory".....they are both different albums...I really like this album....the band did their thing dang...Spanky killed it nasty.......Thaddeus....he's so sick....the whole band was sick...If you haven't got it go get it...
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline bklynfinest

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/bklynfinest87

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Yea they are different so I can't really compare them

It's a dope album

The begining of "I Made It Through" was unlike the Bobby Jones joint they did....SICK!!!

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 02:20:29 PM »
Yea they are different so I can't really compare them

It's a dope album

The begining of "I Made It Through" was unlike the Bobby Jones joint they did....SICK!!!

Yeah...the intro for "I made It Through" was sick....they do really cool rock stuff on this album...I'm dig it.....they blend rock and gospel music....soo sick

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »
Tye Tribbett proves that you don't have to dress like a freak to get the ''world's" attention like some other artist do (NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYBODY IN PARTICULAR).

But I can hear these songs being sung in any race of churches. The saved and the unsaved can all relate to this album. Its awesome, nothing else to even say!
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline stickyoutlaw

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »
yeah i was actually bout to come up here and start a thread too because i hadn't seen nothin up here about yet, lol, but this album is SICK!  They are really coming from different angles with this one.  So much original stuff and versitility, crazy licks that you'd have to replay over and over again to get, lol,.....Spank.......Thaddeuss........Soundcheck.........GA...........Just go get it for real, you'd be doing yourselfs injustice if you didn't!...... ;)

AND DON'T BURN IT, BUY IT!!!

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

But I can hear these songs being sung in any race of churches. The saved and the unsaved can all relate to this album. Its awesome, nothing else to even say!

That's a great point! That's what it's all about. Too many cats get into a niche and stay there and get complacent. There's no challenge there. The music, and sometimes even the message, is stale. It's good to see someone thinking outside the box, but still being authentic. Awesome CD!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:39:20 PM »
This album makes you have Stank Face the whole time. Especially " Made it Through".
 The band just doesn't make common sense :D. They  are just too good. The raise the bar every time. I dig the Looney Toons thing they added into  Made It Through :o :o 8) :o :o
Richard

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
Well i jus listen to some sample of it and... im really not to fond of the Rock thing... thats jus me...

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »
I was blessed by the message on this CD. Tye really challenges his listeners to take their walk seriously and to stop slackin'. That's why I love Tye's CD's. He doesn't just throw stuff together...he has a genuine purpose with his joints.

Musically, I've never heard a CD like this before. This may be the best CD I've ever heard. I enjoyed the rock feel, and the way he blended gospel with it as someone said earlier. Obviously, the chords were off the charts, Thaddeus never ceases to amaze me, Spanky...well...he did nothing to remove himself from my top 5...Tye was anointed as usual, and the vocals were on point. Great production and a huge blessing. Go get it, and allow yourself to be blessed by the message, as opposed to just analyzing the CD musically.  ;) GB
Just play music...

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »
Honestly, that "All Hail The King" is unspeakable.... :-X
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »
awesome cd!! my favs are, so amazing..all hail the king..and prodigal son. but i love like every song on here.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
A lot of the songs on this CD sound like stuff you'd hear in musical theater, IMHO. :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
Honestly, that "All Hail The King" is unspeakable.... :-X

That's the only song that I can't hear all the way through...I heard it once all the way through.....now I just listen to a little bit of it....maybe first half.....it get tired of hearing it after halfaway through it...the music is too repetitive....just my opinion

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 08:05:44 PM »
I waited on purchasing it, because my friend told me they would purchase it for me for my b-day(yesterday). We tried to sample it on our way home from seeing Iron Man (which is a MUST see btw), but my friend ran over a small kitten, and our spirits were kinda crushed for the rest of the night. :'(

Needless to say, I'm just getting to listening to it today. It's very uplifting. Great message. Great music. I like how there's something on there for everyone.
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »
This topic is in heavy discussion in the general room... check it out..
DOES ANYBODY HAVE TYE AND GA"S NEW ALBUM YET?????  « 1 2 3 »  Some interesting opinions.. Stay blessed, Nate J.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »
Thanks for the preview link!!!
"Look Up" has a serious groove and feel... very mature. That flute in that last :30secs, niiiice.
"Bless The Lord" Is the CCM crossover hit I LOVE IT. This hit will ring through the churches of the world over the next 3-5 years. Once Hillsong, Darlene Scheck and Chris Tomlin get a hold of this it's on !!! This is a world changer in Praise & Worship. It sounds like Casting Crowns lead singer on there. "I Need You" is another world-wide banger. If you guys have ever been to a Luis Palau festival then you know how it feels to have 5,000 folk singing the words at once... These two song are those type hits AND THEY MINISTER ON TOP OF THAT. ** Great playing by Spanky on these **
"Prodical Son" and "All Hail The King" sound like Neptunes style/influenced productions.
I am digging Prodical Son. I love the Kim Burrel feature, "He Has Made Me Glad" though I would have liked to hear a genuine jazz drum performance (I am not a jazz drummer myself but I could feel it here where more swing would have took it to the moon)... this tune seemed like:Big Band meets gospel meets broadway.
"Made It Through" is a wild, theatrical (story telling type) ride. This is a musician really going for it. I likes.

didn't here the last three yet... more comments to come

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »
Thanks for the preview link!!!
"Look Up" has a serious groove and feel... very mature. That flute in that last :30secs, niiiice.
"Bless The Lord" Is the CCM crossover hit I LOVE IT. This hit will ring through the churches of the world over the next 3-5 years. Once Hillsong, Darlene Scheck and Chris Tomlin get a hold of this it's on !!! This is a world changer in Praise & Worship. It sounds like Casting Crowns lead singer on there. "I Need You" is another world-wide banger. If you guys have ever been to a Luis Palau festival then you know how it feels to have 5,000 folk singing the words at once... These two song are those type hits AND THEY MINISTER ON TOP OF THAT. ** Great playing by Spanky on these **
"Prodical Son" and "All Hail The King" sound like Neptunes style/influenced productions.
I am digging Prodical Son. I love the Kim Burrel feature, "He Has Made Me Glad" though I would have liked to hear a genuine jazz drum performance (I am not a jazz drummer myself but I could feel it here where more swing would have took it to the moon)... this tune seemed like:Big Band meets gospel meets broadway.
"Made It Through" is a wild, theatrical (story telling type) ride. This is a musician really going for it. I likes.

didn't here the last three yet... more comments to come

Sabe You forgot about " So Amazing "  That Sonic the Hedge Hog meets Dragon Ball Z feel was nice around the 1:38 mark!!  :D :o

Richard

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »
I just bought my copy yesterday.  Like Ive said before, Tye and his camp are keeping gospel music very interesting.  Im feelin this joint  :)  Very very nice work...they have a lot of good ideas...and the drums sound huge! 

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 10:55:40 AM »
I just bought my copy yesterday.  Like Ive said before, Tye and his camp are keeping gospel music very interesting.  Im feelin this joint  :)  Very very nice work...they have a lot of good ideas...and the drums sound huge! 

I noticed the sound of Spanky's kit right off the Bat! The Whole CD is really, Really good! 8) :o
Richard
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up