LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tye Tribbett & G.A. Standout Album  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
  • Bigtimekeyz Doin' Big Thangs
    • Myspace

Tye Tribbett & G.A. Standout Album
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
Wuz up LGM its ur boi Chris aka Bigtimekeyz reppin Roc City, NC....Everyone knows that Tye is my boi but To me i was displeased with the cd except for 2 songs #2- Hold On and #12- I Made It Through. He kind of took a u-turn to rock & roll/Christian. I didnt here anything that really excites me on the cd. Victory str8 crushed this Standout cd. Even tho Pudge did an excellent job...but i also noticed while reading the cover that Spank was up there???? ?/? but to me i waisted $12.99

What do yall think?
"Mama said the transpose key is the Devil" only use if u have 2

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Tye Tribbett & G.A. Standout Album
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
All man... i was jus lookin at gettin that... maybe not..??

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »
Dont get me wrong that song I Made it Through is a hit but I dont know what tye crazy mind was thinking bout this one

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »
Hmm... mayb i need to take a listen to this one...

Offline Joshorgan

• LGM Member
  • Watch what you think. Mean what you say.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
 Man this CD to me is Great. I guess I am saying this because I kind of like the rock gospel sound and I am tired of hearing the same old progressions. If you are tired of gospel music that sounds the same then this is the cd for you. The songs in this cd also most importantly have powerful lyrics that speak to the life of the christian and exalts GOd as well. He also has  some great worship songs. If you want to take a listen to see if you like it or not just select, Copy and paste this link
 http://www.bet.com/NR/exeres/B01629D4-553D-4F49-BF5B-A95E925DBC6B.htm??Referrer=%7BB01629D4-553D-4F49-BF5B-A95E925DBC6B%7D

This Cd takes some getting used to but it has a powerful God ordained message behind it. I think Tye meant for these songs to be a little on the radical side because his message is very radical. He is telling christians to stand out from the world and unleash the power of God in the Earth. At first I didn't like it too well because I thought it was too "crazy". After 2 days I like every song on the cd especially "look up", "chasing after you", "well done", "hallelulah", "I made it through", "prodigal son".  This Cd is basically a powerful warning to kingdom of darkness to me. There is nothing shy about it. Everything is powerful and in your face. I love it.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 01:18:39 AM »
Man, I really wanna hear this CD now.  I LOVE rock-type music, so this should be right up my alley.  Give it another listen Farm man, and try to keep an open mind.  Like Josh said, rock music takes some getting used to, but it is still a powerful type of music that can be used to give God glory just like gospel.

Many "black" people don't like the rock music because they aren't exposed to it properly.  Either that or all their friends listen to rap, hip-hop, or gospel and in order to fit in they listen to it too.  Many say that's white people music, but that is not true.  It is all music and you shouldn't be scared to go outside what you're used to hearing.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline normandm85

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 02:41:51 AM »
Man, I really wanna hear this CD now.  I LOVE rock-type music, so this should be right up my alley.  Give it another listen Farm man, and try to keep an open mind.  Like Josh said, rock music takes some getting used to, but it is still a powerful type of music that can be used to give God glory just like gospel.

Many "black" people don't like the rock music because they aren't exposed to it properly.  Either that or all their friends listen to rap, hip-hop, or gospel and in order to fit in they listen to it too.  Many say that's white people music, but that is not true.  It is all music and you shouldn't be scared to go outside what you're used to hearing.

The CD is great in my opinion. I like his CD Victory better. This CD indeed has that rock type feel. I think that's sound greats though. The name of the CD is "Stand Out" Tye has a very unique sound and very few can mimick. I can a lot of listeners want the churchy kinda sound, but that's why we have the John P. Kee's, James Hall etc. Voice wise Tye was on it. Not to mention the harmonies and I recommend yall listen to Well Done. It's crazy! But in my book Tye get's a B+
The organ doesn't have a transpose button, learn it in every key!!!!!

Offline mrspanish

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
Good morning fam,
I purchased the new Tye Tribbett cd also. I still enjoy listening and playing selections from his previous cds especially "Victory" more. I think that "Standout" is pretty good. however, I cant relate to any songs on it yet. I guess as I start listening to it more, I may enjoy it more. I'm used to a churchy, holiness type sound. Im a school teacher;therefore, If I had to grade this particular cd , I would give it a C+. :o

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
  Many say that's white people music, but that is not true.  It is all music and you shouldn't be scared to go outside what you're used to hearing.

troof.

Tell that to

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »
Tye is not regular church anyway so theres no way he can be compared to that....The rock style is ok....Eveyone has a certain style that they want and listen for and mine isnt rock but his stuff on the cd is ok..

..I just repeat#12 over and over and over and over and over and over again.....That song is crazy man!!!!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
I liked it.  So far it seems like I'm the only one who has "Hold On" in their favs list!  What, ya'll didn't like that song?!  It's tight!  C'mon, C'mon!

lol!

"Good in the Hood", especially the chorus, sounds like a theme song for a TV show!

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 10:41:07 PM »
The rock style is ok....Eveyone has a certain style that they want and listen for and mine isnt rock but his stuff on the cd is ok..

..I just repeat#12 over and over and over and over and over and over again.....That song is crazy man!!!!
You rite bout that... Now YES that 12 track is FIYA!!!!

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »
Bigtime, i feel you on that ("feeling like you wasted $13"). But, It just seems like, when you spend your hard earned money on something, you should know what you're purchasing. So in buying a cd, what's the solution? lol

You either:

1) wait and listen to a friends copy,

2) wait until a used cd store gets it, then preview it first. OR...

3) despite that many may frown upon it, you could download it and preview it and If you like it, THEN PURCHASE it. But if not, then DELETE it. lol

But at least, you now have an "informed" way of spending your hard earned dinero! 8)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »
I just listened to snippets of the new Tye CD and I have to say that I am IN LOVE with this CD.  This is the sound that I have been trying to create every since I got into rock style music.  Looks like Tye has beaten me to the punch, LOL.  Oh well, I'm going to cop this CD A.S.A.P.

My favorites so far are:

2. Hold On
4. Bless The Lord (Son of Man)  *most favorite right now
8. Hallelujah
9. Let Us Worship
15. Good In The Hood

I'm sorry, but this CD is straight FIYAH!!!  :D  ;D  :D
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »
Some of his stuff still sounds like musical theater, to me.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline markeyz

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
In my opinion, I think that this album is GREAT!!!!!!!! The originality and creativity of Tye Tribbett and his MD Thad is SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! (one of the songs on the album). They think outside the box when it comes to gospel music. If you know something about Music Theory, you will really appreciated the album because of all the creativity he uses with theory. I will give the Cd an A++ just because of that. Yeah the album still has to grow on me because I'm not used to the comtemporary rock gospel sound. But I wasn't used to it on his last CD with No Other Choice but that is now one of the greatest songs he has produced. I do like the songs: I Need You, Chasing After You, Hallelujah, All Hail the King, So Amazing, Let Us Worship, and He Has Made Me Glad. Just be open to different sounds of gospel and listen to message behind it.

Offline ABMJ

• LGM Member
  • A. McNair Jr.
    • AMJministries

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 08:37:49 AM »
YO!! Tye CD was Hott!  VERY ACCEPTABLE! VERY VERSATILE, It took you to the studio, Christian style, Gospel style, a good shout ;), a deep worship!  The CD was GREAT!!! ;D
IT's ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
man that cd it HOTT!

My favs are

2. Hold On
 3. Look Up
 4. Bless the Lord
 5. I need you
 8. Hallelujah
 9. Let Us Worship
10. So Amazing
11. He Has Made Me Glad
12. I Made It Through
15. Good In The Hood

as you can see, I listens to the whole cd ;D :D :D :D :D

Offline 1234

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
YO THIS CD IS CRAZY,

BLESS THE LORD, IS NUTS, THAT GUITAR SOLO IS CRAZY.
CHASING AFTER YOU, IS A NICE WORSHIP SONG THAT REALLY MAKES YOU THINK ARE YOU CHASING AFTER GOD.
I MADE IT IS THE ONE OF THE BEST SONGS. THE MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE A CARTOON SHOW, THATS NUTTS.

I TINK THE CHURCH PEOPLE NEED TO BECOME MORE UNIVERSIAL. GET OUT OF THE BOX.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
THIS IS THE BEST CD IVE HEARD IN A WHILE!!!! musically the band was blazin, vocals were on point and most importantly the message was on point! and sum of the songs were so simple that an entire church can sing it 2gether and worship together like: let us worship, so amazing, and hallelujah! this cd is fiya! i love all different musical styles so im glad they went in different directions! we all know they can blaze neo soul/hip hop/church music...now they blazin rock better than rock cats...spanky murdered the drums on those rock tunes!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up