LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tye Tribbett & G.A. Standout Album  (Read 12030 times)

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Tye Tribbett & G.A. Standout Album
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »
So do anyone knows what song you can do on Sundays? besides Victory and Everything. It can be from any of his cds ;D
Bless the Lord is catching on like wildfire. Funny, but on Victory "I will Bless the Lord" was popular too. And Hallelujah would work too
You are a beast so its different for you.
Im just the operator of the gift He gave ;)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
I truly believe that any of Tye's songs can be accomplished w/out a band, if u get down to the very basic chords and changes of the song.  It won't sound like the CD, but it can work.  Sometimes, u might have to throw out entire sections of a song and just focus on the part u want to do.  Nothing wrong wit dat rite?

If I were to attempt some Tye songs off the new CD, I would go with "Bless The Lord (Son Of Man)", "Let Us Worship", "Chasing After You", and "Hold On".  But like I said, I would switch up some of the stuff and do it my way.

Sometimes, we get so hung-up on getting stuff 100% exactly like the CD til we don't even try to do the song YOUR way.  Tye ain't there to hear u sing, so why do u care? We really do make things harder than what they are.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »
Cosign T-Block.

Why do we feel like we gotta get the song 100%. The congregation doesn't know.  :-\
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Ramar

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
The congregation doesn't know.  :-\

;D :D ;D :D... i don't know why that was funny...

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2008, 01:22:58 AM »
I truly believe that any of Tye's songs can be accomplished w/out a band, if u get down to the very basic chords and changes of the song.  It won't sound like the CD, but it can work.  Sometimes, u might have to throw out entire sections of a song and just focus on the part u want to do.  Nothing wrong wit dat rite?

If I were to attempt some Tye songs off the new CD, I would go with "Bless The Lord (Son Of Man)", "Let Us Worship", "Chasing After You", and "Hold On".  But like I said, I would switch up some of the stuff and do it my way.

Sometimes, we get so hung-up on getting stuff 100% exactly like the CD til we don't even try to do the song YOUR way.  Tye ain't there to hear u sing, so why do u care? We really do make things harder than what they are.
troof.
That'll preach.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up