LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Clever Way To Put A Transposer On Any Organ!!  (Read 13384 times)

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

Clever Way To Put A Transposer On Any Organ!!
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:26:47 AM »
JUST KIDDINGGGGGGGG!!!  :D :D :D

HEY! was that a stone!!!...i better get outta here!!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

Re: Clever Way To Put A Transposer On Any Organ!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »
nice 1 mate :D :D 8) 8) ;) :D ;D

Got them looking :D
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 02:19:36 AM »
nice 1 mate :D :D 8) 8) ;) :D ;D

Got them looking :D

HAHAHAHA! Yeah Musallio! Got about 62 people trying to find a secret way to transpose!  :o

BLASPHEMY! God said in Deuteronomee 12:16 "Thou shalt learn to playeth in every keyeth!" 8)

Offline Big T.

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »
HAHAHAHA! Yeah Musallio! Got about 62 people trying to find a secret way to transpose!  :o

BLASPHEMY! God said in Deuteronomee 12:16 "Thou shalt learn to playeth in every keyeth!" 8)
I'm looking around for a twenty foot pole to not touch that with.
Go with God, cause He always goes with you.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »

I was playing at a program about a month ago and they have a Hammond B3000 (which I hate)  Well their musician didn't tell me he had it transposed so when I start to play the song and it was in the wrong key, I just about lost it.  It's so rude to transpose and then not switch it back when you are done playing.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »

I liketh that.  Shouldn't that be in Exomdus though?  LOL!  :D
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »
I liketh that.  Shouldn't that be in Exomdus though?  LOL!  :D

HAHA!! Both! In the mouth of two or three witnesses
shall every word be established! 8)

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »
If I recall, there is a device you can buy that will allow you to adjust the tuning by a few semi-tones in each direction.  It alters the frequency of the AC which the tone generator motor synchronizes with.

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »
If I recall, there is a device you can buy that will allow you to adjust the tuning by a few semi-tones in each direction.  It alters the frequency of the AC which the tone generator motor synchronizes with.

Ok, let me stand back, cause i don't like lightning!

"It is written, for God is not the author of tranposition, but of some good songs and pieces, in the 12 keys of Israel"...1 Corentheeans 12:8 8)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »

Thats cheating! Transposing is almost as bad as asking for the chords to a song thats in a hymn book.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
I was playing at a program about a month ago and they have a Hammond B3000 (which I hate)  Well their musician didn't tell me he had it transposed so when I start to play the song and it was in the wrong key, I just about lost it.  It's so rude to transpose and then not switch it back when you are done playing.

I always tell my sis to leave everything on neutral if she'd been transposing.
She's very nice to work with coz it's been a long time now since she's left the board transposed.

like you said, it's very frustrating to think you know what key a song is in & when you try to play along things just don't match...it's even worse if you think you were the last one to play previously...at 1st I thought either I was tone deaf all along or the board was detuned!!
:-\

I've heard about that..& some organs come with it..actually, I've seen this Techniks organ at this music store with a transpose feature..so some organists have it easy these days

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
Ok, let me stand back, cause i don't like lightning!

"It is written, for God is not the author of tranposition, but of some good songs and pieces, in the 12 keys of Israel"...1 Corentheeans 12:8 8)

WOW, I think me and u need to start a music Bible, LOL!!!  ;)  :D  ;D

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
I've heard about that..& some organs come with it..actually, I've seen this Techniks organ at this music store with a transpose feature..so some organists have it easy these days

I would imagine just about all electronic organs will transpose.  I was refering to the Hammond tonewheel organs.  They are more difficult to transpose since the sound is produced mechanically.  I played at my aunt's church and me and their keyboardist were never quite in the same key.  After a while, I started detuning my board and it turns out, he was tuned to A-446 instead of A-440. 

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:38 AM »

WOW, I think me and u need to start a music Bible, LOL!!!  ;)  :D  ;D

hehe.U sho doo sim to have an indepth understendiing of thiiz books (Exomdus , Deutoronomee, let's see, what's next...I Pitza)

It sure will be a bible that convicts people to strictly observe all the do's & don'ts of music :D :D

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »
verily, transposing is of da debil, yea, ye shall have no part in it.....

Offline Hammplayer

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »
How bout people jus quit takin the easy way out and actually take the time out to learn their craft, and quit selling their self short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :o :o :o

Offline Mintdakid

• LGM Member
  • I AM just a Vessel!

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
What is a Transposer, And How do you Become One?

How’s the Pay
Organ Training Camp has begun

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
What is a Transposer, And How do you Become One?

How’s the Pay

I know u were probably joking man, but here is some answers to your questions:

A transposer is one who can ONLY play in one or a few keys.  W/out the transpose button, they are the sorriest musicians known to man, LOL.  J/K bout dat last sentence, but they are indeed garbage outside they key.

How do you become one?  Just learn everything in one key and hit the transpose button for every other key.  Of course, it does take an extra skill to be a good transposer.  You gotta know what key to tranpose 2, how many times to hit the button, how to smootly modulate in the middle of a song using that button, etc.  In the short run it's faster, but in the long run it's actually harder than learning to play in every key.

From what I hear (& see), the pay is great cuz most churches don't really give a care.  As long as u can hit a note, u can start with $100 a sunday easy.  The true musicians know this is not the way to go.

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:13:45 AM »

hehe.U sho doo sim to have an indepth understendiing of thiiz books (Exomdus , Deutoronomee, let's see, what's next...I Pitza)

It sure will be a bible that convicts people to strictly observe all the do's & don'ts of music :D :D

looool EXACTLY Musallio!!...And where on earth do you get those yahoo smileys from!! You must know somebody in high places! lol 8)

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »
I know u were probably joking man, but here is some answers to your questions:

A transposer is one who can ONLY play in one or a few keys.  W/out the transpose button, they are the sorriest musicians known to man, LOL.  J/K bout dat last sentence, but they are indeed garbage outside they key.

How do you become one?  Just learn everything in one key and hit the transpose button for every other key.  Of course, it does take an extra skill to be a good transposer.  You gotta know what key to tranpose 2, how many times to hit the button, how to smootly modulate in the middle of a song using that button, etc.  In the short run it's faster, but in the long run it's actually harder than learning to play in every key.

From what I hear (& see), the pay is great cuz most churches don't really give a care.  As long as u can hit a note, u can start with $100 a sunday easy.  The true musicians know this is not the way to go.

And that's the name of dat tune! lol 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up