LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: George "Spanky" McCurdy Shed. May 31  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

George "Spanky" McCurdy Shed. May 31
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:23 PM »
I told a friend I would pass this along.

LJ's Building Fund Shed
Featuring George "Spanky" McCurdy

Held at: Heyward Career and Technology Center
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008. Starts at 6:00pm
Address: 3560 Lynhaven Drive Columbia, SC 29204
Admission:12 and up $25, 11 and under $5

Everyone is invited! Check out Spanky's clips on myspace. www.myspace.com/spankydrumz

For more info, contact Larry Thorne at (803) 331-3256
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline vicfirth93

• LGM Member
  • My daily praise.
    • http://www.myspace.com/lilgregmitchell

Re: George "Spanky" McCurdy Shed. May 31
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:25 PM »
25 for a shed? ?/? that's a little much. I know it's a building fund but man.If it was $10 for 12 and up, more people would come out. I wish the best of luck for the building.
Will gig for experience! and most of all, Jesus Christ!

myspace.com/lilgregmitchell

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:56:57 AM »
25 for a shed? ?/? that's a little much. I know it's a building fund but man.If it was $10 for 12 and up, more people would come out. I wish the best of luck for the building.

...keep in mind that the host had to pay for him to come out and stuff like that.  It's not cheap bringing in a drumming star for a shed.  Spanky is very popular amongst the masses and that's one thing you have to keep in mind. 

...on the other hand I recently got the opportunity to attend a clinic and chat for like 15 minutes after the clinic with session great Russ Miller for $0. LOL  He dropped some serious knowledge our way that night.  8)  Madd love goes out to Drums2go.  :-*
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline CARLISLE

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
...keep in mind that the host had to pay for him to come out and stuff like that.  It's not cheap bringing in a drumming star for a shed.  Spanky is very popular amongst the masses and that's one thing you have to keep in mind. 

...on the other hand I recently got the opportunity to attend a clinic and chat for like 15 minutes after the clinic with session great Russ Miller for $0. LOL  He dropped some serious knowledge our way that night.  8)  Madd love goes out to Drums2go.  :-*

yea im wit u on this we really have to support our community, and we have some real gifted people in the carolinas
You can make it happen; whatever you want

Bear..    http://www.myspace.com/lintonlouise1

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
I am speaking from an outside source these are not my words... "Spanky can't teach and everything he can do can be viewed on youtube... Go figure, youtube is free!"
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »
I am speaking from an outside source these are not my words... "Spanky can't teach and everything he can do can be viewed on youtube... Go figure, youtube is free!"

...LOL!!!  Well tell your outside source that they are having a shed not a clinic.  According to many Urban Drummers, they learn better in a shed atmosphere anyway.  To each his own steak and potatoes.  :-\ 8)

...anywho, the bat signal is warming up. LOL
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
...LOL!!!  Well tell your outside source that they are having a shed not a clinic.  According to many Urban Drummers, they learn better in a shed atmosphere anyway.  To each his own steak and potatoes.  :-\ 8)

Veritable... This was highly the purpose for the statement, caveat!
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »
Veritable... This was highly the purpose for the statement, caveat!

...well, at least they'll learn some new chops to add to their chop-a-toire. LOL

*Pretty Purdie Voice* - "I'mma splain...and I'mma learn ya something new nu." LOL

Offline CARLISLE

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 05:46:33 AM »
hmmm???! there sure is alot of hate in da room.
to bad you not star status, so we can hate on u
but i'll be sure to make a vid so da hate can go on

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »

::) ::) ::) ::)

That goes for you too Cherri & JFunky. Don't fight Urban Drummers at their level, they'll beat us with experience.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »

...dude, if you're talking about me man up and state it.  I didn't hate on George McCurdy nor do I have anything to hate on him about.  Did you read my previous posts?  Where's the hate at?  Whatever man. ::)  I'll quote myself again for you so that you can read it clearly.  If there is still confusion.....hit me on the PM's cause mine are up and running. ;)

Offline CARLISLE

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 10:44:02 PM »
alrite i hear u, excuse me jfunky.
but cherri watch yo tune

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »

I GET YOU HOMIE HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
alrite i hear u, excuse me jfunky.
but cherri watch yo tune

::)
*grabs popcorn*
Oooo this foo bout ta get itttt(int) :o

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »

There was no hate THE FACT IS EVERYONE IS NOT A TEACHER. Star status is has NOTHING to do with whether you can teach. NO-THING, NOT-ING, NADA, ZILTCH.

Learn the Webster's definition of hate not the ebonic one... it'll get you further in real life.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
There was no hate THE FACT IS EVERYONE IS NOT A TEACHER. Star status is has NOTHING to do with whether you can teach. NO-THING, NOT-ING, NADA, ZILTCH.

Learn the Webster's definition of hate not the ebonic one... it'll get you further in real life.

I see the negativity!!! This is a shed not a clinic, so when you go you shouldn't expect anyone to teach you anything!!! I would pay $25.00 number one for support and number two just because of the fact that you can learn alot just by watching. And lastly apparently Spank is doing something right for everyone to keep ringing his phone!!! Hello?? But whatever I seen it time and time......... Haters, HAters, HATers, HATErs, HATERs, HATERS!!!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
I see the negativity!!! This is a shed not a clinic, so when you go you shouldn't expect anyone to teach you anything!!! I would pay $25.00 number one for support and number two just because of the fact that you can learn alot just by watching. And lastly apparently Spank is doing something right for everyone to keep ringing his phone!!! Hello?? But whatever I seen it time and time......... Haters, HAters, HATers, HATErs, HATERs, HATERS!!!!

The comment about the "can't teach" thing refers to the long sung cry that folks learn/teach at sheds. His phone ringing has nothing to do with teaching. Is he popular? YES. Can he play? YES.
Gigging is on this, showcasing is one thing, TEACHING is a whole different bag.

There was NO HATE. Again REAL WORD vs. EBONIC.... Webster's is much more useful to the progression of the craft, our careers, and this forum.

As far as the 'shed of topic is concerned and the fee. If you feel you can truly learn something or even if you are a TRUE FAN of George then show it by putting your money were your mouth is folks. Your heart is were your treasure is and it seems all to many folk here put there hearts on their feet (ie buying Jordans) rather than developing/nourishing their God given gift of music. Misplaced investments are fruitless and fruitless branches..... well... we all should know John 15.

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
The comment about the "can't teach" thing refers to the long sung cry that folks learn/teach at sheds. His phone ringing has nothing to do with teaching. Is he popular? YES. Can he play? YES.
Gigging is on this, showcasing is one thing, TEACHING is a whole different bag.

There was NO HATE. Again REAL WORD vs. EBONIC.... Webster's is much more useful to the progression of the craft, our careers, and this forum.

As far as the 'shed of topic is concerned and the fee. If you feel you can truly learn something or even if you are a TRUE FAN of George then show it by putting your money were your mouth is folks. Your heart is were your treasure is and it seems all to many folk here put there hearts on their feet (ie buying Jordans) rather than developing/nourishing their God given gift of music. Misplaced investments are fruitless and fruitless branches..... well... we all should know John 15.

I understand exactly were you are coming from, and you are dead on point. What im trying to say is the man came on here to spread the word about Spank being in a shed. My point is if you are going to go then go, If not or if you don't want to then don't go and keep your mouth closed. I mean if you have a problem with the fee or him just being in it then keep it to yourself. I know the history of the word shed or should I say WOODSHED.. I know the history behind it, but we all know in todays vocab. what people use the term for. Anyways if you are going to support it then God bless you, if not or if you have a problem you really need to keep it between you and God. We are here to support and encourage our people, not to bash them or say anything that would discourage people thats all I am saying!!! I can't go, but hey if I were able I would, because one day I may need everyones support!!! But anyways remember to uplift, not drag down!!!!
Much Love!!

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:05:15 PM »
The brother that is hosting the shed is a good brother. He is trying to raise funds for his church. Dude even goes out his way to help out my church. I posted this to help his efforts out. The money wont be wasted or put to misuse that's for sure.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »
The brother that is hosting the shed is a good brother. He is trying to raise funds for his church. Dude even goes out his way to help out my church. I posted this to help his efforts out. The money wont be wasted or put to misuse that's for sure.

That is good. Many blessings upon the endeavor!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up