LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ibanez SR 505  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

Ibanez SR 505
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »
I don't post much here at LGM but I wanted to share what god has blessed me with. I been playing a Squier by Fender Standard P Bass Special 5 5-String Bass. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-5-5-String-Bass?sku=510581
It was a good enough bass but, i dont recommend it for anyone. the b string was loose, there was little flexibilty in the tone of the bass and it weighed a ton.  The neck was extremely wide and my hands could barely reach the b-string.

Last week I went to GC and bought a brand new Ibanez SR 505. http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=SR505
It corrects all the problems that I had with the fender and is a pretty sexy piece of equipment I believe.  Mine is exactly like the one in the link. I can't wait to break it out on sunday. 

Next up: a line 6 bass pod
you got to hear numbers

Offline MrSteve

• LGM Member

Re: Ibanez SR 505
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »
That's my main bass now too. I bought it last year when my Fender PJ developed a nasty truss rod problem and had to be in the shop for a week. When I went to buy a backup, I tested a lot of basses and I didn't find any in this price range that compared to the SR505. Even a lot of basses costing twice as much don't sound half as good. Now my Fender sits in its case in the closet.

My only complaint is that I got the older model with the screwed in battery cover. The new ones have one that snaps in. Still, after playing for nearly a year, I haven't had to replace the battery yet.
"Sing to him a new song, play skillfully on the strings with loud shouts" - Psalms 33:3

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:42:18 AM »
Congrats on you new bass. One of these days I'll buy me one.

Offline sac45

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Ibanez500

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:13:54 AM »
Yes" Congrats on the new Bass. I have one as well. And mine to is the older model. But it's my baby" and i play all the time with it.Verey nice tone.Just have not found the right amp for it yet. i have a GK 300 watt. with the 15" cab half stack GK.
Hayward

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »
I gigged a SR505 for about 10 years (bought mine in 1996). Great sounding bass and light. Ibanez makes great instruments.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline BIG SMOOTH

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
I bought a SR505 around the early part of this year and have been very happy with it. It sounds awesome and also looks great as well.

Offline versatile

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
What does the line 6 bass pod do? What is it for?
Psalm 33:3 " Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy."

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 06:14:53 AM »
You can use it to bridge a connection between a bass and a computer. It also has amp models and effects on it so you can run your bass through that before going into something else.
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 06:55:04 AM »
I gave the SR 505 a serious look before I finally realized that I am a Jazz Bass guy.

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
I've never given Jazz basses much of a chance to let me know what they gotta say. I should spend some time one day.
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater
Pages: [1]   Go Up