LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Recording ?'s  (Read 19118 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: Studio Recording ?'s
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »

BBD, you said a couple things I wanna address. First off, you spoke about kids having the wrong impression about studio drumming. Are you doing anything to help alter this perception, within your community of musicians? Knowledge is power, and I've come to realize that we as musicians of influence have to use that influence for more than getting self accolades. You gotta use that influence to educate cats on what it takes to be a successful musician. I pride myself on sharing this knowledge with everyone who approaches me, and is willing to listen. No matter how young or old! House made a great point....the cats that work are the ones that make the right decisions, across the board. Your chops are useless, if they're in the wrong place. BBD, you said I need to step out into the real world. I guess you don't consider Gospel to be the real world, huh? Why is that? Gospel has been, by far, one of the most innovative genres in musical history. You can hardly look at any well known black band/artist and not pick out a church guy. And it's crossing over to the mainstream/pop/country genre too. But even if you don't consider Gospel to be "the real world", have you checked out my resume of Cd's, producers and work projects? I live and work in a very real world, bro. One where gas is $4.39/gallon. I fill my tank up twice a week, in this real world. It don't get no realer than that, my dude!!! I've worked in Nashville, NY, and Cali. Not to mention, Chicago. People don't hire Gospel musicians, they hire good ones. Feel me? Bro, you talk about the brotherhood of drummers being broken down. Man, read some of the things you've said on this website about cats like Spanky, or myself. Where's the brotherhood in that? Don't talk about it, be about it!! And I mean that in the most sincere way. You want more studio gigs, stop talking about who getting all the gigs, and do something. Get your self over here to the U.S. and take some of them. I aint trying to play for everybody, I'm only trying to do/have what's for me. Flat 5th said it best, start showing some progress. You mentioned timeless recordings. What makes a recording timeless. The song or the drum part? I think this is a matter of opinion. Sabe talked about the Two Against Nature session, where Vinnie left the note for Mike White. He said "let's make history". I'm a part of history bro. Does that mean my work is timeless? Does it mean it isn't? Sabe, I haven't recorded my timeless track yet, bro. LOL

C-Rod

LOLOLOL, You answered back everyone and I think that speaks wonders to your humbleness. To answer your question; Yes I do. I do what I can to educate and help others. Like you I try to answer back every ones emails, anyone can call me OR when they leave me their number I try to call them back no matter who or where they are... If Im producing a  like all others I have my people BUT I also will use new talented people who have want to gain experience, and yes Ive had people waste my time trying to use them but in the end its giving back to the Kingdom and helping change the life of that person.

Now as for working in the real world I should have explained myself better; I was trying to say (and I do think I explained it.. I might be wrong) I would like to see you cross over into other genres of music  (out side of gospel, r&b , jazz) and see how you do. I wasn't trying to say gospel music is not the real world BUT it is a BOX (box=real world) and Id like to see how you would handle  a Keith Urban or a Avril Levine recording and even concert. Im not saying that you would suck, Im interested to see you would be playing something outside the box. Lets be honest the only reason you are as well known as you are is because you have been successful inside the box.. Outside the box you're not as well known... Good example Thomas Pridgen!!! Like you was known mostly inside the box, dude stepped out and started playing for The Mars Voltas and is now crossing the lines...Get it? Its like 12 something am so I might have some issues getting my point across. I feel for you to be as successful as Kenny Aronoff, J.R. or Paul Liem you need to step outside the box!!! That's why I disagreed with S.K. putting you up there with the people he did.

As for brotherhood breaking down it is and I also said in one of my earlier posts that Ive been guilty of everything I was speaking against!!! I dont always have to agree and sometimes speaking the truth hurts!!! We all taken our bashes on here but we move on sometime it turns into mama jokes and we move on!!!!! We have spoken one on one before and you know Im not someone who is trying to break up the brotherhood!!!

Man if I did live down there you wouldn't be playing as much as you are!!! A lot has changed from when we spoke. I get emails from guys inquiring me to come down quit a bit and maybe I should start... Im a husband and dad and my wife and two little girls are first before me gone for months at a time trying to be a Calvin Rodgers!!! You know as well as I do there has been a lot of divorce happening in the Christian music scene because we neglect our families to the point that our wives start to feel like single parents. Ive been there with mine and it wasn't a nice place to be in... My production company has been keeping me busy and most of my gigs are nights and weekends or studio... So you're lucky!!! But as soon as my wife says honey lets move to the States watch out!!!!

Give it 20 years and we will see if youve recorded your timeless track!!!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »
Truth!!!... And Curtis, people are reading what you say about them, be careful bro...And cddrums116, I pay $ 4.53 for reg. unleaded and $4.73 for premium where I live bruh... It's no joke in the REAL WORLD!!!!! Now back to being  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Yo I dont say anything that I wouldnt say to their face.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »
LOLOLOL, You answered back everyone and I think that speaks wonders to your humbleness. To answer your question; Yes I do. I do what I can to educate and help others. Like you I try to answer back every ones emails, anyone can call me OR when they leave me their number I try to call them back no matter who or where they are... If Im producing a  like all others I have my people BUT I also will use new talented people who have want to gain experience, and yes Ive had people waste my time trying to use them but in the end its giving back to the Kingdom and helping change the life of that person.

Now as for working in the real world I should have explained myself better; I was trying to say (and I do think I explained it.. I might be wrong) I would like to see you cross over into other genres of music  (out side of gospel, r&b , jazz) and see how you do. I wasn't trying to say gospel music is not the real world BUT it is a BOX (box=real world) and Id like to see how you would handle  a Keith Urban or a Avril Levine recording and even concert. Im not saying that you would suck, Im interested to see you would be playing something outside the box. Lets be honest the only reason you are as well known as you are is because you have been successful inside the box.. Outside the box you're not as well known... Good example Thomas Pridgen!!! Like you was known mostly inside the box, dude stepped out and started playing for The Mars Voltas and is now crossing the lines...Get it? Its like 12 something am so I might have some issues getting my point across. I feel for you to be as successful as Kenny Aronoff, J.R. or Paul Liem you need to step outside the box!!! That's why I disagreed with S.K. putting you up there with the people he did.

As for brotherhood breaking down it is and I also said in one of my earlier posts that Ive been guilty of everything I was speaking against!!! I dont always have to agree and sometimes speaking the truth hurts!!! We all taken our bashes on here but we move on sometime it turns into mama jokes and we move on!!!!! We have spoken one on one before and you know Im not someone who is trying to break up the brotherhood!!!

Man if I did live down there you wouldn't be playing as much as you are!!! A lot has changed from when we spoke. I get emails from guys inquiring me to come down quit a bit and maybe I should start... Im a husband and dad and my wife and two little girls are first before me gone for months at a time trying to be a Calvin Rodgers!!! You know as well as I do there has been a lot of divorce happening in the Christian music scene because we neglect our families to the point that our wives start to feel like single parents. Ive been there with mine and it wasn't a nice place to be in... My production company has been keeping me busy and most of my gigs are nights and weekends or studio... So you're lucky!!! But as soon as my wife says honey lets move to the States watch out!!!!

Give it 20 years and we will see if youve recorded your timeless track!!!!!

:) :) :) Good Post Curtis!!! ;)... Now back to being   :-X ...

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2008, 12:37:02 AM »
To answer your question I have and still am!!! Ive produced & producing new artists, I'm also music producer and production manager for an Canadian indie film and just did the drum tracks for two new Christian Canadian artists the other day... Ive progressed in two years and in Jesus name will grow to greater success LOL, and I disagree with you! It's up to the people in the industry" Producers, Music Directors, Management act." to give new talent a chance! Industries get very comfortable with who the know and will not stray from their posse leaving very talented people out in the cold.

I do agree, one can not sit on their batty and expect success to fall in their lap and anyone who has spoken to me over the phone will tell you that Im always stressing self promotion!!! Again, more industry people need to open the flood gates and give some new talent a try. HELP people who is where tey once were!!!!

Congrats on your achievements, man. Also, thank you for not taking offense to my ramblings. I truly meant no harm. I'm just trying to help somebody...
On the next point, I guess I'm just wired differently because of my life experience. I don't expect people to give me anything because they never have. So, I'm not surprised when they don't. If the "industry" won't produce, promote, manufacture, or distribute mine, I'll do it myself. I'll build my own fire and make it so hot that the "industry" will want to come warm by it... and if they don't, I'll make my own industry.
This is one of my biggest problems with "us." There is a certain segment of U.S. society that has been programmed to expect people to give them things, as opposed to working for things. It bothers me greatly. Right now the black community is going crazy because we think a black president will somehow "give" us something... ROFLOL!

God bless

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 12:47:07 AM »

Chops in a foundational or classical music sense infers that one can play anything placed in front of them without effort and can through theory place place things accordingly in a musical situation instinctively. Instinctively implies that the senses have been honed to make a split-second decision based on the the skills mastered and the understandings thereof and through anticipation answer a question/situation (musical in this case) before it is even asked. That brings about discovery and expansion of the arena/craft it is applied to. These things came through the musicians guild and various other guilds (unions) of old. That gets you noticed... Question is who is it that folk want to notice them and what is their value in character. The gifted were taken on as apprentice and released to be themselves when they had proven mastery. Even then they were representative of their "fathers"/masters (teachers) until they had built up their own creditials. When I previously said the list was too short it was to encourage a return to this system of thought which proved to make one greatly admired and used and recorded in the history of what they did as a profession. The fore mentioned session players will always be remembered because their work is documented in proven value.

Man, that sound like "Bruce Lee Drumming!"....Just like "Jeet Kun Do"  "The Way Of The Intercepting Drum"  :o

Be able to effortlessly adapt to the moment:

"you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now, water can *flow* or it can *CRASH*!
Be water, my friend.

Bruce Lee

Now go work on ya kick!! 8)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 12:52:02 AM »
I have never eatin so much popcorn in my life!  Hey dilligent, pass me the e-butter!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2008, 12:57:22 AM »
I have never eatin so much popcorn in my life!  Hey dilligent, pass me the e-butter!

Well  hello there my dude! How are you? I see that you're off work  ;D I'M about to hit you on your cell...  ;)

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »

And after you get done, just like "Bruce Lee" said: "drink water my friend" (or som'n like that) 8)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
Congrats on your achievements, man. Also, thank you for not taking offense to my ramblings. I truly meant no harm. I'm just trying to help somebody...
On the next point, I guess I'm just wired differently because of my life experience. I don't expect people to give me anything because they never have. So, I'm not surprised when they don't. If the "industry" won't produce, promote, manufacture, or distribute mine, I'll do it myself. I'll build my own fire and make it so hot that the "industry" will want to come warm by it... and if they don't, I'll make my own industry.
This is one of my biggest problems with "us." There is a certain segment of U.S. society that has been programmed to expect people to give them things, as opposed to working for things. It bothers me greatly. Right now the black community is going crazy because we think a black president will somehow "give" us something... ROFLOL!

God bless

Dude I fully agree with you. Im always telling artists to self promote. Do it for yourself. But my point is that industry leaders who have made it can open the door a crack to make the lives of others who are struggling a bit easier. Example, what you are doing and what your shows are about! If it weren't for you I would never have known who some of these Cali bay area gospel drummers were, and its because of you cracking open that door they now have walked into the fame they have.

God bless you too, get off your butt and lets do a Canadian Shed Sessions!!!! Ill help you get the right people!!!!

Offline b_jizzle20

• LGM Member
    • MY MUSIC

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:27 AM »
Alright, for all you lazy folks...

Current Thread Summary:

-TPDrummerboy wants to know what you do in the studio
-Everyone says the same thing, "give the producer what they want"
-These days chops dont mattjUƒrUƒu[Š
-u\„z\Š{]‡xU”w]†lQƒvb|c‹|b„}kŠyh’|cšyfzn
-wh©tp¤n^xn{ƒtyƒtŒdŒƒl†ƒhƒk
-•Šlš‹lšiƒ†yŠz‰ˆu”‹t›s•‹‘yœ’t

CRITICAL ERROR! # 4574

Due to lack of funding support, LGMs own Cliff's Notes
has seized to opperate.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:24 AM »
Alright, for all you lazy folks...

Current Thread Summary:

-TPDrummerboy wants to know what you do in the studio
-Everyone says the same thing, "give the producer what they want"
-These days chops dont mattjUƒrUƒu[Š
-u\„z\Š{]‡xU”w]†lQƒvb|c‹|b„}kŠyh’|cšyfzn
-wh©tp¤n^xn{ƒtyƒtŒdŒƒl†ƒhƒk
-•Šlš‹lšiƒ†yŠz‰ˆu”‹t›s•‹‘yœ’t

CRITICAL ERROR! # 4574

Due to lack of funding support, LGMs own Cliff's Notes
has seized to opperate.

LOL Im off to bed!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »
*hands butter to SHEEN*....

cable tv is overated...lol  i love this...cats that are in christ able to speak with icons in our lives cats that we look up too cats that inspire us..... u cant find this no where else.. but only at......  LGM!!!!!

DiLiGeNtHaNdS..... 8)

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
*hands butter to SHEEN*....

cable tv is overated...lol  i love this...cats that are in christ able to speak with icons in our lives cats that we look up too cats that inspire us..... u cant find this no where else.. but only at......  LGM!!!!!

DiLiGeNtHaNdS..... 8)

Yeah, Diligent and Sheen don't eat all the popcorn the rest of the lgm fam want some too..this is getting good..cddrums, bbd, flatfifth, and sabe made some excellent points.....Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
See? I knew this would happen. We actually don't disagree much at all...just needed to talk it out.
II Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a WORKMAN that needeth not to be ashamed..." There is nothing wrong with hard work, doc. It rings true in the natural and spiritual. I think our only discrepency is in defining the worthiness of specific goals. However, we are on the same page.
Hustle after a good wife? Here we also agree. If it be God's will, I will see my 16th wedding anniversary this year. Proverbs 18:22 says, "Whoso findeth a wife, findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the LORD." How can a man findeth lest he seek? My point is, whatever the goal, we must work for it. The higher the goal, the more we must work for it. It's been fun yall! ;D

God bless

Calvin, thanks for dropping in and giving the "name brand" truth as you know it. As well, I hope to be close by when you make you timeless recording  ;).

Audio what's good with you man?! I get where you are coming from however let me shed a little light on your point/path. Remember that we are to work as unto the Lord and in service to Lord it should with with zeal and feverence. many times HIS Word tells us to be diligent, which speaks on aggressiveness, the term prudent is used as well. We are to have dominion but you cannot do that without proving authoritative ability that is confident, bold, fearless, unwavering, wise and unashamed. IMO, flat (Gerald) said it right if we don't someone else will.... We should be aggressive and consistent, constantly seeking wisdom and instruction while keeping our eye on the prise and walking out the vision at hand which is hopefully in our heart. One problem I find is that without passionate and aggressive pursuit of that which is for us we fail to prove our stewardship and forego our "birth rite." We then reproduce after that "unfaithful" kind in our environment (families, communities/churches/schools). The world applies Godly principles better than the church and thereby walk in the kingdoms stuff - because they believe it will work and they work on that belief. If we would aggressively climb a roof and tear it open to get what is for us or climb a tree above the crowd and take the crumbs from the table or go after what we know we are not due like the Roman centurion we might get the joy (power) that the exercise brings. JMO

Proverbs 22:29

Proverbs 20:4, 20:5, 20:6, 20:11, 20:13, 20:18

Proverbs 18:14, 18:15

Proverbs 13:18, 13:22, 15:19, 15:22, 16:3, 13:11, 13:4

L.V., hit me up lata!

LGM, what's good with you guys? Hope all is well with you and your families. I'm doing well, staying busy. Ready to enjoy some warm weather, ya know!!

So anyway, I come through here every so often, mainly to see what clips yall are posting. I read the threads sometimes, but a lot of times I don't. Mainly because you have to understand that it can be kind of hard to see what your so called "brothers" think and say about you. I'm a very nonchalant kind of dude, so I don't really let MUCH get to me. But when you are as passionate as I am about music, and work so hard to portray it, only to have people tear it down at times....that can be a little frustrating, to say the least. I've read some pretty interesting things about myself on here. All ranging from my skill as a musician, to my walk with Christ, to my sexuality. And it aint all been positive. And just think....this is a Christian forum. Not only that, but a drum forum at that. If nowehre else, I should want to come and fellowship via internet with my brothers. Now, I'm not coming on here to whine about who does or doesn't like me. And I am gonna give my opinion on the topic at hand. But I also want to address a couple things said on here, as well.

The studio thing, as Juse/Sabe/D.O.D./so many others said, is all about making the producer happy. Plain and simple, it's politics. You make the producers happy, you get more calls. The trick is finding a way to make the producer happy, and feel good about your track all at the same time. I've been in the ever so familiar place that all of you have, in the studio. The place where you have a part you want to play, or an idea of what the drum part should be. And it's completely different from what the producer has in mind. What do you do? First of all, you become open! Open to what that person may be hearing. Open to putting your idea aside. Open, to being a musician for hire...LOL. My first position, is to find out EXACTLY what the other guy is hearing. Once I have that down, I start trying to incorporate some of my ideas. But NOT forcefully. If you have a part that the producer isn't feeling, don't turn it into a debate. Ask if there's anything in particular about the part, that's not working. If he says it's the whole thing, then let it be that. Move on!! Remember, in the studio, less is always more. There will always be more parts added, when you leave. Two people that never lie in the studio....Mics and Clicks!!! They will tell the truth on you, brother. So make sure you're tight. For me, I always let the producer tell me to play more. That's just me though. Not a rule, just MY preference. The studio is a great way to make a living, as a musician. I know guys who do that, and nothing else. But they know how to work it. So, get in the studio as much as you can. Learn how to be quick, too. Mics pickup everything, from rattling lugs, to loose cymbals screws, to squeaky kick drum pedals. So make sure your gear is tight and your playing is even tighter. Be prepared to do everything, and come well equipped. Have plenty of sticks, moongel, brushes, mallets, hot rods and cymbals felts. And always, ALWAYS have at least two snare drums. My studio tips, for the day. LOL

BBD, you said a couple things I wanna address. First off, you spoke about kids having the wrong impression about studio drumming. Are you doing anything to help alter this perception, within your community of musicians? Knowledge is power, and I've come to realize that we as musicians of influence have to use that influence for more than getting self accolades. You gotta use that influence to educate cats on what it takes to be a successful musician. I pride myself on sharing this knowledge with everyone who approaches me, and is willing to listen. No matter how young or old! Juse made a great point....the cats that work are the ones that make the right decisions, across the board. Your chops are useless, if they're in the wrong place. BBD, you said I need to step out into the real world. I guess you don't consider Gospel to be the real world, huh? Why is that? Gospel has been, by far, one of the most innovative genres in musical history. You can hardly look at any well known black band/artist and not pick out a church guy. And it's crossing over to the mainstream/pop/country genre too. But even if you don't consider Gospel to be "the real world", have you checked out my resume of CD's, producers and work projects? I live and work in a very real world, bro. One where gas is $4.39/gallon. I fill my tank up twice a week, in this real world. It don't get no realer than that, my dude!!! I've worked in Nashville, NY, and Cali. Not to mention, Chicago. People don't hire Gospel musicians, they hire good ones. Feel me? Bro, you talk about the brotherhood of drummers being broken down. Man, read some of the things you've said on this website about cats like Spanky, or myself. Where's the brotherhood in that? Don't talk about it, be about it!! And I mean that in the most sincere way. You want more studio gigs, stop talking about who getting all the gigs, and do something. Get your self over here to the U.S. and take some of them. I aint trying to play for everybody, I'm only trying to do/have what's for me. Flat 5th said it best, start showing some progress. You mentioned timeless recordings. What makes a recording timeless. The song or the drum part? I think this is a matter of opinion. Sabe talked about the Two Against Nature session, where Vinnie left the note for Mike White. He said "let's make history". I'm a part of history bro. Does that mean my work is timeless? Does it mean it isn't? Sabe, I haven't recorded my timeless track yet, bro. LOL

Audio, I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing your goals aggressively. If I wanted a new house, but only talked about it.....never checked out my credit score, never made sure all my bills were current, never went into a bank....how would I get that crib? Aggressive isn't a problem, I don't think. Maybe as long as it's done in the right spirit. I was aggressive in pursuing the drum chair with JPK, when Ladell quit, feel me?

As always, please don't take anything I say as being offensive or disrespectful. It is only my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. I only state how I feel, and want to help whoever I can. Holla atcha boy!!!

C-Rod

I appreciate you guys. I see where I might have missed it and I've learned from all that was said. This is what the board needs more often. It's awesome when we can work together to accomplish what this board was created for, LEARNING.

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2008, 03:26:58 PM »
Is Kirk Franklin making timeless music?...He has had a few hit records that people seem to play through the years....He has had musician that have been popular and not so popular play on his albums...I am still confused.....what is classified as timeless music when it comes to gospel music?...I do believe that Kirk Franklin and Fred Hammond have produced timeless classics and of course the musicians have helped make those albums classics...Gospel (Contemporary Christian music included arguably) is still relatively young...Another question comes to mind....does music sales classify these albums as classics or timeless?...Excuse for my terminology and using the terms classics and timeless interchangeably....Though BBD makes some valid points but it also remains that in gospel music we do not give ourselves enough credit for our creativity...After all as flatfifth did state rnb groups and evens rock groups have used gospel musicians for many years...why cause  we are gifted and cheap...Ronald bruner, Thomas Pridgen, J.D. Blair, Spanky,  Calvin Rodgers , Terry campbell, Gerald heyward, Nisan Stewart, Aaron Spears, and the list goes on and on are getting gigs and have played on many artist albums...have they made timeless classics, I don't know....are they given the opportunity is another question that is needed to  be asked....I don't know....I am just asking questions...Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
Like I said give it 20 years and we will see.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »
Like I said give it 20 years and we will see.

20 YEARS???ill be caught by then...lol.. so if yall miss the rapture i hope ur music plans work out...

ayo NATE stop by the store and pick up some hot wings and a gallon of sweat tea..DEANS is fine with me..

D.H.

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »

20 YEARS???ill be caught by then...lol.. so if yall miss the rapture i hope ur music plans work out...

ayo NATE stop by the store and pick up some hot wings and a gallon of sweat tea..DEANS is fine with me..

D.H.

You got some hot wings gas money? lol.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »
First giving honor to God and the pastor of this house, 4hisglory.  The deacons of this room, Juse and Sabe.  And to all the drumming saints who are blessed with eyes to read this thread.  ***I would insert a grin smiley but I'm on my PDA and I don't have that option lol*** 

This is indeed a grown man thread.  Strictly for the big boys.  So since I have a big boy audience, I decided not to start another thread by asking my question here.  I'm asking the deacons to bare with me as I stray from the subject of this thread but inquire about an issue that has stemed from previous statements here.

BBD you have stated that you have a family.  I know that a few of us do.  To this day, I still havnt brought myself to the point where I can leave my daughter to hustle on the road as a musician.  I have responsibilities that I must maintain for me and my child such as health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, child support, parent and teacher conferences and so on.  For those of you on the road with families, how do you balance.  This is a little personal but I actually lost my marriage to the game and it was on a local level.  I can't imagine how much faster I wouldve lost it if I was on a national level. 

I mean I went to a drum clinic to see steve ferone, steve smith, don f., and mike manginni, and these guys were talking about how they have lost their families as well to their craft.  I look on myspace and I see spanky missing his daughter's birthday and I'm sympathising like man our daughters are around the same age.  I don't know how I would deal with that.  I know calvin has a son, flat and beatboxer have kids.

If there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind sharing how to balance, (if there's such a thing) please do.  I'm sure everyone has different ways of handling business.  I'm just trying to see what's really good since no one really ever talks about it.

Respectfully,
Sheen

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »

God bless

Not to take away from this thread, but aint that the truth bruh? We think we are owed something as well. I'l leave it at that.
Be blessed
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up