LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bobby Jones Gospel Show  (Read 4934 times)

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« on: October 25, 2004, 01:01:33 PM »
hey drummers! did any of u guys see Bobby Jones Gospel show on yesterday(10-24-04)? he had Ty Tribbett on there with his choir. they sang this song called: No way i can make it without u... who was the drummer? he's nice.

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 01:38:57 PM »
Spanky. You always know its a nice drummer when they can't keep the camera away. Terry was killing me with his bass though.

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 06:30:22 PM »
The song that did it was You are my Joy...The shout that they did after that was wonderful
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 08:04:17 PM »
The shout was no joke.....I wonder why in the key of Ab :?:  :?:  I want to hear some stuff in the key of A or B... :roll:  :roll: :lol:  :lol:
MERCY EN!!

Offline favoritepsalm1

• LGM Member
  • Future Minstrels & Levites
    • http://anointed2do.wordpress.com

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:13:12 AM »
I know I'm replying to some of these joints all late, but I'm new to the site and can't get my web browser off of it!  That shout has caught fire in Greenville, SC.  Everywhere I go I hear it.  Off the chain!

Offline Infinity311

• LGM Member
    • http://

Whats going on
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:49:01 PM »
I would like to give Honor to my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ ! ! !

I am Back again for a Short season in the Shadows.. I am hold it down in Charleston, SC....I Know alot of people on this side of this Coast and everyone is Playin that Tye Tribbett Shout from NY to SC... Do not get me WRONG the SHOUT is HOT... But what is everyone going to Do when they play at another church and the other musicans is Playing the Same thing ? What they going to do go back & play the H. Walker Shout...LOL  ? My Cuz Plays for H.Walker and he got sick and tried of Playing it..... Think on that Ya'll

God Bless

Offline Infinity311

• LGM Member

LISTEN UP ! ! !
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:56:39 PM »
i'm apologize to the person that sent me a private message. i wasnt trying to offend H. Walker aka Their Pastor. i'm just letting everybody know once someone makes a praise break they shouldnt play it out. My Cousin was happy playing with him but every musician will get tired of playing the same things over and hearing other musicians running it out. i wasnt trying to disrespect your pastor or anyone, but the point i was trying to bring forth is that once somebody makes a tight priase break dont run it out. To me being original and maybe taking a few parts of the praise break shows me that you're not trying to emulate but took the time to be alittle original Have a bless night

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 11:59:28 AM »
Oh yeah I stole some stuff off of that shout, but then i added some other stuff I heard another person do.  In total, I think i have 10 different patterns i can do in a shout.  And we just mix and match them.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 12:57:42 PM »
Quote from: Dooley
Oh yeah I stole some stuff off of that shout, but then i added some other stuff I heard another person do.  In total, I think i have 10 different patterns i can do in a shout.  And we just mix and match them.

I do the same too...I mixed Jonothan Nelson with James Hall (I come to praise his name "King of Glory" CD :D), and of course Heze and now Tye with some of my "Eastren Shore" style :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ....It's fun to mix around.... it makes it different!
MERCY EN!!

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 01:14:58 PM »
Quote from: ddw4e

I do the same too...I mixed Jonothan Nelson with James Hall (I come to praise his name "King of Glory" CD :D), and of course Heze and now Tye with some of my "Eastren Shore" style :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ....It's fun to mix around.... it makes it different!

Im interested to hear this eastern shore style you talk about...i think i heard it before, but let me hear it again if u have anything...thanks bro

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 02:42:58 PM »
Quote from: Dooley
Quote from: ddw4e

Im interested to hear this eastern shore style you talk about...i think i heard it before, but let me hear it again if u have anything...thanks bro

You puttin me on the spot huh?? I see what I can do!  :lol:
MERCY EN!!

jarrell_d

Re: Whats going on
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 09:58:40 PM »
Quote from: Infinity311
I would like to give Honor to my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ ! ! !

I am Back again for a Short season in the Shadows.. I am hold it down in Charleston, SC....I Know alot of people on this side of this Coast and everyone is Playin that Tye Tribbett Shout from NY to SC... Do not get me WRONG the SHOUT is HOT... But what is everyone going to Do when they play at another church and the other musicans is Playing the Same thing ? What they going to do go back & play the H. Walker Shout...LOL  ? My Cuz Plays for H.Walker and he got sick and tried of Playing it..... Think on that Ya'll

God Bless

Not sure how far Charleston, SC is from Charlotte, NC, but Tye Tribbet and his group were at John P. Kee's the other weekend.  It was just crazy in there.  I didn't know about it, but Al, the bass player for John's church, was tellin me.  The always have group concerts and stuff going on.  If its not too far, u should keep tabs on whats poppin that way.  

Word out, is that Tye's band is probably the hottest out right now.  8O

lata

Offline Infinity311

• LGM Member

Bobby Jones Gospel Show
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 10:47:38 PM »
Hey whats is going on ? Thanks for telling me about Tye being at Pastor Kee Church. I am about 3 hours from John P kee Church... I have some friends that are members there.... Hit me back when you every hear about anymore concert up that way ! ! ! God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up