LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Dvd By Jamal  (Read 1986 times)

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

New Dvd By Jamal
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »
There is a new DVD out with jamal here is a link below

http://learngospelbyear.com/Main.html

Its seems tight

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: New Dvd By Jamal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »
I must say that, from the looks of it I wanna buy that DVD..... :), and many people wouldn't classify me as being a beginner..... :). No seriously this DVD appears to be one for the beginners but has that underlying technique to help those musicians who are a little more advanced to understand what it is they may be already doing without knowing all the theory behind it (like me).... :D.

Thanks for posting "jjjoe".

PianoWiz...

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »
I think this might be a good DVD also for a refresher course for everybody to go back and refresh and also for people who use the transpose key to be able to play in all keys

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
My copy arrived today and yes it is for a total beginner, which was fine. I watched the instructional dvd and Jamal takes his time to explain the importance of learning your scales, listening for the bass and matching chords. He doesn't do a ton of chords just a few to get you started.

I still have 2 more dvd's to watch and think it's worth the money if you are just starting.

Offline GospelMusicians

• LGM Member
  • President/Owner of GospelMusicians.com
    • Gospel Musicians - Making Musicians Into Ministers

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:59 PM »
Yep, this DVD is totally for beginners. I kinda was always reluctant to do a DVD for beginners, because there is so much to cover. But God has allowed me to not only cover the number system, which is the foundation for everything (playing in other keys, playing by ear), but to give you the urban chords that most people are looking for. Disc 1, talks about the number system and gives you the right hand chords that goes with the bass, and disc 2 takes you to my personal studio to actually show you how it's done.  But the real, real secret is in the last disc with all of the Audio lessons. I give you tons of progressions and tons of urban and contemporary chords to do. And finally now...Not only do I give you the right/hand left hand chords on a spreadsheet to almost every single popular progression, but I give you the chord names as well.

I have to say that out of all of the DVD's....this one FINALLY has the theory, feel, and ear training for beginners all wrapped into one package!

I hope everyone enjoys!
Making Musicians Into Ministers....

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:38:06 AM »
Yep, this DVD is totally for beginners. I kinda was always reluctant to do a DVD for beginners, because there is so much to cover. But God has allowed me to not only cover the number system, which is the foundation for everything (playing in other keys, playing by ear), but to give you the urban chords that most people are looking for. Disc 1, talks about the number system and gives you the right hand chords that goes with the bass, and disc 2 takes you to my personal studio to actually show you how it's done.  But the real, real secret is in the last disc with all of the Audio lessons. I give you tons of progressions and tons of urban and contemporary chords to do. And finally now...Not only do I give you the right/hand left hand chords on a spreadsheet to almost every single popular progression, but I give you the chord names as well.

I have to say that out of all of the DVD's....this one FINALLY has the theory, feel, and ear training for beginners all wrapped into one package!

I hope everyone enjoys!

I got your Urban Xtreme J Hart, and that DVD was truly pivotal & eye opening for me!

I see with this DVD, you're continuing to cover all bases, so God bless you as you continue to be a blessing to so many others! 8)

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »
The advertising shows the new video to be very good (as per the examples shown).  I wonder, though, how much of the material is more elementary, and thereby more suitable for new beginners.   As a beginner, I would not have been able to grasp the material shown in the advertisement.  But at the level that I am now, the material in the advertisement would be very helpful. Just watching the samples allowed me to improve on the way that I play; "Never Would Have Made It". 

Mrandrews, if you don't mind to say, after looking at the material further, what is your take on the usefullness of the course for intermediate musicians. (even though designed for beginners)

Responses from others would be helpful too.

Thanks,
berbie

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
The advertising shows the new video to be very good (as per the examples shown).  I wonder, though, how much of the material is more elementary, and thereby more suitable for new beginners.   As a beginner, I would not have been able to grasp the material shown in the advertisement.  But at the level that I am now, the material in the advertisement would be very helpful. Just watching the samples allowed me to improve on the way that I play; "Never Would Have Made It". 

Mrandrews, if you don't mind to say, after looking at the material further, what is your take on the usefullness of the course for intermediate musicians. (even though designed for beginners)

Responses from others would be helpful too.

Thanks,
berbie

I like that term "New Beginner".  I never thought of it like that.
:)

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »
There are new beginners, and then there are beginners who are nearly at an intermediate stage.  There are beginners in between. One nearing the intermediate stage would be more likely to grasp the material at the level shown in the advertisement.  What we don't know is where in the course the advertised material, or that level. was reached.  If near the end, then most of the material would be more elementary.  All of that would be evident to one who had the course.   And that was what I was asking.

berbie

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 07:44:24 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm honestly starting to really hate dislike terms like beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.  Sometimes I think labeling yourself like this subconsciously traps ur skills to that label.  Everyone should be in one category:  STILL LEARNING
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God shall supply every need ;BELIEVE and RECEIVE

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm honestly starting to really hate dislike terms like beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.  Sometimes I think labeling yourself like this subconsciously traps ur skills to that label.  Everyone should be in one category:  STILL LEARNING
bruh , I feel the same way I believe how we label ourselves.I been playing over 15 yrs for long time in the past @ my starting stage i knew i was just starting not able to fully grasp the whole concept. But ,after 8 or 9 years because i would hear other musicians may do something or  you just didn't quit play how they would. And some musician would actually try to make u feel as though u can't play if u don't play like them( NO OFFENSE JAMAL U'R A GREAT TEACHER )Would plant some sort of doubt what level was i @ . eventually making me feel like a beginner. So point given People must not label or stigmatize them to one level because like a child we all grow & mature. :) 8)
IF, IT AIN'T IN THE WORD, IT'S NOT OF GOD!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
I like that term "New Beginner".  I never thought of it like that.

I also like it because I still consider myself to be a beginner..But I understand way more & better than I did 8 months ago!

bruh , I feel the same way I believe how we label ourselves.I been playing over 15 yrs for long time in the past @ my starting stage i knew i was just starting not able to fully grasp the whole concept. But ,after 8 or 9 years because i would hear other musicians may do something or  you just didn't quit play how they would. And some musician would actually try to make u feel as though u can't play if u don't play like them( NO OFFENSE JAMAL U'R A GREAT TEACHER )Would plant some sort of doubt what level was i @ . eventually making me feel like a beginner. So point given People must not label or stigmatize them to one level because like a child we all grow & mature. :) 8)

Co-sign, & that's a RAPP!!!

From now on, we all classify ourselves as "STILL LEARNING" unless  if you feel you have accomplished your goal as a musician..
Agreemento?
*United we stand, divided we fall...so let's stand together & rise!* ;D

Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline GospelMusicians

• LGM Member
  • President/Owner of GospelMusicians.com
    • Gospel Musicians - Making Musicians Into Ministers

All Beginners
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
I tried to cover all beginner levels! People who have never played, and people who have only played a little, to people who use to play and lost some stuff during the years. The way I try to structure the material is that I can make it as basic as you want it, and as deep as you want it for all levels.

For example, if you you got the new DVD and just wanted to focus on the few chords I showed then fine, but if you take the initiative to learn EVERYTHING  I teach, including all of the extra books, video and audio lessons on the CD-Rom in all keys, then you will soon be far past a beginner level.

THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE is PRACTICE AND DEDICATION.

I have to say that this is the DVD I SHOULD HAVE STARTED OFF WITH WAY BACK WHEN I FIRST did the Urban worsip Classic. I just didn't have all the nohow then. So now, I have had so much feedback, that I know how to really show you the material now.

I hope everyone is blessed!
Making Musicians Into Ministers....
Pages: [1]   Go Up