LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nextgreatdrummer  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Laurent

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

nextgreatdrummer
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:04:52 AM »
Welcome to 'Next Great Drummer'.

A weekly Reality Show, much like American Idol & America’s Top Model. The show will follow Eric Seats' (click here for bio) life as he auditions drummers from far and near in his quest to find "The Next Great Drummer". We are looking for drummers, both male and female from 16+ (the age range may change), with drum experience. Contestants can expect serious competition.

Those who succeed each round will have to consistently demonstrate improvement, quality technique and “stand-out” appeal. In a fierce head-to-head competition, drummers hit center stage to battle it out for the number one position, performing challenging pieces given to them by judges and show producers. With eliminations looming each week, drummers will need to stand out to win.

Drummers will be monitored to see if they are able to work well with others, follow directions, and pick up new music. Additionally, drummers will be challenged to perform for audiences from the following music genre’s in local pubs/clubs/social events: Jazz, Latin, Fusion, Rock, R&B, Blues, Gospel, Punk, Funk, Neo Soul and more.

The link:  http://www.nextgreatdrummer.com/

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

Re: nextgreatdrummer
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »
yeah, this sounds interesting.. I was checking out the blogs on myspace a few months back when he first posted it... do you know if it is going to be a reality show or just based on the internet?...Stay blessed, Nate J.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
Ay, Nate - I found this on the site that Laurent posted: http://www.nextgreatdrummer.com/The%20Next%20Great%20Drummer%20Press%20Release.pdf
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »
According to the website, I'm too old.  I don't do contests anyway, so count me out.  If anyone from here competes, good luck to you.

I do find it ironic though that Guitar Center is a sponsor.  Wouldn't something like this conflict with their annual competition?  Then again, product/name placement does wonders for a business.  This is also gonna put Spaun drums out there as a contender.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »
i will be there i was thinking about competing... BUUUT im more of a pocket drummer im guessing they are looking for like a all around drummer therefore i shall be there watching haha
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a
Pages: [1]   Go Up