LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Reunions  (Read 736 times)

Offline keptbyJesus

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Family Reunions
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
What's up fam,
So it's that time of year (Family Reunion Time).  So where is your reunion this year? Are you going? What's on the agenda for the weekend?

Mine is in Philidelphia, PA this year (next month), haven't decided if I'm going or not.  Friday night, business meeting (where is it going to be next year, etc.) and meet & greet etc.
Saturday morning & afternoon, tours, shopping, etc. Saturday night, semi-formal banquet dinner & dancing.  Sunday, family praise & worship service in the meeting room of the hotel, hit the highway back home.
If it had not been for the Lord on my side, where would I be!!!

Offline MissRiss

• LGM Member

Re: Family Reunions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
We are having a local one this Sat. However, our next big one will be in Atlanta next summer. We have it every other year.

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »
Oh yeah...got 2 ( mom's and dad's side...of course)

My dad's folks are coming in from California, so we gonna get the all the Tx folks and Cali folks together at the park on the 4th of July! It is gonna be awesome...the beach ( I need a tan) and BBQ!!!

My mom's side is not going to be too thrilling...its in the country, the same place it is every year! Only hightlight is seeing a couple other distant cousins that bare the same strange eye color as me, and of course the BBQ, lol.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
One of mine is at the end of July in ATL, because that's where grandma is and she can't travel anymore.  The agenda looked cool, there's like a bowling night, a banquet, some other activities, and church and Sunday Dinner on Sunday.  I won't be in attendance, though.  I already made my summer travel plans when I got the letter.  I will plan a trip hopefully later on this year to visit my grandma and the convocation in Memphis.

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:44:44 PM »
One of mine is at the end of July in ATL, because that's where grandma is and she can't travel anymore.  The agenda looked cool, there's like a bowling night, a banquet, some other activities, and church and Sunday Dinner on Sunday.  I won't be in attendance, though.  I already made my summer travel plans when I got the letter.  I will plan a trip hopefully later on this year to visit my grandma and the convocation in Memphis.

Whhhhhat??? That sound like fun...I may be in ATL at the end of July!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »

Whhhhhat??? That sound like fun...I may be in ATL at the end of July!
lol, you wanna take my spot?  You'll fit right in with my fam, they'll be like Nessa who? :D

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »
lol, you wanna take my spot?  You'll fit right in with my fam, they'll be like Nessa who? :D

LOL...wow, you just gonna pass me off on your family like that.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »
We don't have family reunions we have FAMILY RE-FUNERALS!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
Now that I'm married, I have two to attend this year. Normally, I don't bother.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »

Yall too?  We just had one last Saturday.  :(
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »
Yeah, the last two have been those kind, I guess they decided we should throw in a happy occasion, lol.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:10 PM »
We have those too, but I am going to my grandmothers family reunion (the best one)

Its in SC again, where it all started. Headed to Myrtle Beach. We're supposed to be down there for almost a week. We're having the good Hospitality Suite on Thursday night. Friday during the day is the cookout (weird day but its tight). Saturday you have to yourself, which some people take tours; women go shopping, etc. And Sat night is the banquet. Sunday morn is prayer breakfast, and finally the family meeting right after.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »
Perfect timing for this thread.
Just this Saturday & Sunday, my mum was at my gran's place where it was all happening.
I guess for us it was killing 2 birds with 1 stone:
It was 3 years after my grandpa peacefully passed away at 80. :)
It was also a time when  one of the uncles had purchased a monster of a car & is on a countrywide tour to test the beast 8) & show to his family & friends..

So I can say it also qualifies as a re-funeral >:(
Otherwise we always have family reunions in December/ January..most often than not.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline axeman1

• LGM Member
  • No weapon means.....N-O-O-O WEAPON!!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 06:45:20 AM »
This is a sore spot for me right now.  We were supposed to have our last year.  Well after 2 years of planning we got to within about a month and a half to the time and only 1 family sent registration money in.  This is after we hosted a web site for a whole year with on-line registration and hotel booking.  The family history was on the site, itenerary, family photo albums and a host of other thing.  I even researched family history and found census data going back 4 generations.  I designed t-shirts and had them printed up in silk screen.

We finally had to cancel because we only had hard comittments for about only about 10 out-of-town guests.  After cancelling we got a lot of calls saying they intended to come.  We've been having reunions every 2 years for the past 30 years and we go through the same thing every year but this time was the worst yet so we couldn't take a chance.
I am what God says I am, no less and no more.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
This is a sore spot for me right now.  We were supposed to have our last year.  Well after 2 years of planning we got to within about a month and a half to the time and only 1 family sent registration money in.  This is after we hosted a web site for a whole year with on-line registration and hotel booking.  The family history was on the site, itenerary, family photo albums and a host of other thing.  I even researched family history and found census data going back 4 generations.  I designed t-shirts and had them printed up in silk screen.

We finally had to cancel because we only had hard comittments for about only about 10 out-of-town guests.  After cancelling we got a lot of calls saying they intended to come.  We've been having reunions every 2 years for the past 30 years and we go through the same thing every year but this time was the worst yet so we couldn't take a chance.

Wow!!!!Sorry bout that..
Interesting stuff..

U & my dad would get along really well togeda ;D
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 09:18:23 PM »

+1 ... sadly.

A the last one I met I cousin I didn't know I had...but he was in the coffin.   :'(
Hearing about his life made me wish I had been a part of it.

At the same token I'm such a hypocrite because the other side of my family is having a family reunion in August that I barely want to go to.  I'm the oldest of the youngest and the youngest of the oldest so I'm either going to be babysitting or sitting around listening to old heads talk about bills and stuff that I don't really care about.  But maybe it will be better than I'm thinking it will be right now.   :-\

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 11:09:14 PM »
My family on my mother's side scheduled this years reunion Labor Day weekend.  This is the same weekend of a Big HBCU classic here in town, and they knew this going in.  My own Mother told them she will be at the game.  She is a season ticket holder.  My Univ. is playing an old school rival for the first time in years.  Plus a whole bunch of my out of town peeps are coming in for the weekend.  I will be at the game as well.  Plus, they always hold whack reunions.  C'mon now, you're gonna have it on a Holiday weekend?  Some people want to do their own thing for the Holidays.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline organplaya04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • **OP04**
    • Facebook

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »
Mane I haven't been to a family reunion since the summer after my graduation ...and that was back in 2004..matter theres one this year...but I'm not going....  :D..got some other more important priorities...but I'm defiantly going to go in 2010!
Psalms 133:1 " Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell(play)together in unity!!

Offline MastahChasa

• LGM Member
  • Back 2 Da Basics
    • Add Me On Facebook (Please mention this site to be accepted because I don't add strangers)

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »
Mine is going to be in Columbus, OH in August. I'm looking forward to making since I didn't get to go last year.
A REAL player can adapt in any setting...
Pages: [1]   Go Up