LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone want to improve their jazz chops with me?  (Read 8883 times)

Offline QMTime

• LGM Member

Re: Anyone want to improve their jazz chops with me?
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »
I'm in

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19:26 AM »
pdf files will be a big plus how bout it mods

I agree - it would be great to be able to post (original) sheet music and arrangements here, not just hidden away in the Media Center.

In fact, I was thinking about asking for a Notation Forum here, for those who play more by note than ear, or who would be open to learning to read music. Would there be enough interest?

Offline don_davio

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:33 AM »

Good post wolf.

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
This is very good. It establishes that everyone understands an original concept. Once we are all on the same wavelength we can begin to experiment and be creative having established what is the ORIGINAL IDEA.

I cannot believe how many musicians I have met in my life who are trying to create off nothing.

It's like me trying to write a novel in Spanish. Now I had 7th and 8th grade Spanish in school and then they made me take it in the 11th and 12th grades to meet the state requirements to go to college. So I had 4 years total in Spanish language class in public school and I like speaking and writing it, althought that was over 40 years ago. Now I think I can write a novel in Spanish with what I know. A little knowledge is dangerous.

Thanks for establishing a place from which to start tearing down and being creative.
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up