LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Shed....July 11th  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Weekend Shed....July 11th
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
I am on the run to the airport so this will be brief. I pray that all have a wonderful and blessed weekend and that those of you shedding for Christ this weekend will be focused and allow the Spirit of God to lead you and guide you and that your playing is for HIM not anyone else. As long as God is pleased with your heart that's what matters...

Be blessed, I am traveling this weekend so I won't have "Pearl" under my arms......Dhag, Floaded...pick it up from here on the weekend shed for me, gotta run!!

Be Blessed and remember that your playing may move someone to Christ so never take it for granted...

Quebass....
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

Re: Weekend Shed....July 11th
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:02:28 AM »
Should be a good week for me...we finally singing some songs from this decade...lol.  Even though I just received them yesterday.  I pray I pick them up by Sunday (busy schedule.)  Hope all have a good weekend!
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »
Should be a good week for me...we finally singing some songs from this decade...lol.  Even though I just received them yesterday.  I pray I pick them up by Sunday (busy schedule.)  Hope all have a good weekend!

Where do you guys shed at every week?  IIRC you're all in NC right?  If so, I'm gonna have to roll through one weekend and check ya'll out :)

Be Blessed,
J

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
wow. thats crazy cordney, because the decade is almost over. lol. well you'll get a solid year and a half run of being current. lol.

well this week i dont know how its going down. just about everybody going on vacation this week. so besides me, my brother (who i asked to preach since im in charge of service this sunday) and his wife, and the pastor and first lady, i have absolutely no idea of who's gonna be there. so i'll keep my fingers crossed.... well at least if i do bad, wont be nobody there to hear me. lol.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
Que and I have already corresponded about the fact that he is going to be in my neck of the woods next year but unfortunately I can't get to him. :(.  I wish you traveling grace, Que!

This is my family reunion weekend. I am organizing the events.  It is also Youth Sunday at church and I attended rehearsal last night but will miss our other rehearsal.  Please pray that all my relatives arrive safely, that the ones who owe me money will pay me so I don't go in the hole paying for this reunion >:(, and that Youth Day is a blessed and anointing event.

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
Que and I have already corresponded about the fact that he is going to be in my neck of the woods next year but unfortunately I can't get to him. :(.  I wish you traveling grace, Que!

This is my family reunion weekend. I am organizing the events.  It is also Youth Sunday at church and I attended rehearsal last night but will miss our other rehearsal.  Please pray that all my relatives arrive safely, that the ones who owe me money will pay me so I don't go in the hole paying for this reunion >:(, and that Youth Day is a blessed and anointing event.

Dhag, I should ride up there and get me some of that bar-b-que along with the rest of your non-paying relatives! LOL!!!   :D  I know the feeling my brother. I think we all have those relatives that think "we get all of this food and entertainment, t-shirts, etc. for nothing". You can definately go deep in the whole. What we started doing is we held steady to the cut off dates, when the payed people came we gave them a plastic arm band that they would show at each of the events that cost money. If you didn't have an arm band you either didn't eat or you had to payup front on the spot. There were some that got mad  but did we care? No....They got fed friday, saturday and sunday (which was a formal dinner with a live band) plus other activities and t-shirts for $40 for adults and children under 12 free. Of course there were still freeloaders trying to get over but those that paid were the ones that jumped on them! LOL!!

I pray for traveling grace for your family and that you have a blessed time. I just got back from Houston and am packing and have a 7am flight to birmingham. I have my gps so I am going to scope out the nearest guitar center tomorrow or sunday. Knowing me I will probably be there both days.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 01:39:49 AM »
The first night of the reunion is over and I survived it.  The non-paying relatives actually paid so I might actually have enough to break even.  Que, your advice is not falling on deaf ears but I do not plan to do another one of these (this is my third counting both sides of the family) in my lifetime.

Also for you, Que:

Guitar Center Birmingham
1694 Montgomery Hwy
Hoover, Alabama 35216

Phone: 205-824-6454
Fax: 205-824-6452

Everyone have a blessed weekend!

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
Man, barely halfway through the weekend and I'm already exhausted!

My pastor had a speaking engagement (anniversary/appreciation service) in a town about 6 hours away (one way) yesterday... we we chartered a bus and just over 50 of us went to support.  I went too, even though I couldn't get out of work on-call duty this weekend.

So I had to get up Friday morning around 6AM and get to the job, make sure these guys got their jobs dispatched and their butts out of the yard by 7:45... then go back home to get wife and kid, then to the church to  be on the bus which was leaving at 9AM.  I took my gear of course, so that was more that I had to pack and haul (you know the deal... when your pastor is preaching somewhere, the choir is gonna be there to sing too).  We got to Midland, TX around 3:30 so we had some time to eat and relax before service.  Changed clothes, played during the service, pastor preached strong, then we had time to eat and relax again before we left at midnight.  I slept a bit on the bus, but sleeping during a bus ride is rarely restful sleep, even at night when the bus is quiet.

We got back to Austin about 5:45AM this morning.  Got all of our stuff off of the bus and back in the car, went home, unloaded the car, showered and changed, and it was right off to work by around 6:50AM.  I'm still at work now and was doing ok most of the day while I was out in the field, but I'm really starting to feel it catching up to me now so I'm back at my office so I can at least sit down.  Even when I leave here in an hour or so, we'll still have guys out working so I'll be getting calls as late as 9 or 10PM... but at least I'll be able to rest a bit more.

I also be on duty tomorrow as well!  I'll be at church, but stepping out to take calls as needed.

Sure, it's a sacrifice of time and energy... but it's worth it to me to support my pastor for trips like this.  I know God will reward it, even if it's just by letting me live another day.  He'll give me the strength to keep going!

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
The first night of the reunion is over and I survived it.  The non-paying relatives actually paid so I might actually have enough to break even.  Que, your advice is not falling on deaf ears but I do not plan to do another one of these (this is my third counting both sides of the family) in my lifetime.

Also for you, Que:

Guitar Center Birmingham
1694 Montgomery Hwy
Hoover, Alabama 35216

Phone: 205-824-6454
Fax: 205-824-6452

Everyone have a blessed weekend!

Thanks, I am here and checked in the hotel. It is about to pour down raining but I am making my way over to the GC after I get some vittals in my belly.

I am glad folks paid up. Been there and done that and it is not any fun. Thumpa, sounds like you have been on the run and still running. You gotta support your home front and pastor. I do the same and I know he appreciates it when the choir and the band goes with him. I obviousley am off this week while attending my fraternity convention but I am going to work my way over to the local GC thanks to dhag. You guys tear it up for Christ, let me feel that "B" string vibrating on the 2 & 4 beat!

Peace...

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »
Man, barely halfway through the weekend and I'm already exhausted!

My pastor had a speaking engagement (anniversary/appreciation service) in a town about 6 hours away (one way) yesterday... we we chartered a bus and just over 50 of us went to support.  I went too, even though I couldn't get out of work on-call duty this weekend.

So I had to get up Friday morning around 6AM and get to the job, make sure these guys got their jobs dispatched and their butts out of the yard by 7:45... then go back home to get wife and kid, then to the church to  be on the bus which was leaving at 9AM.  I took my gear of course, so that was more that I had to pack and haul (you know the deal... when your pastor is preaching somewhere, the choir is gonna be there to sing too).  We got to Midland, TX around 3:30 so we had some time to eat and relax before service.  Changed clothes, played during the service, pastor preached strong, then we had time to eat and relax again before we left at midnight.  I slept a bit on the bus, but sleeping during a bus ride is rarely restful sleep, even at night when the bus is quiet.

We got back to Austin about 5:45AM this morning.  Got all of our stuff off of the bus and back in the car, went home, unloaded the car, showered and changed, and it was right off to work by around 6:50AM.  I'm still at work now and was doing ok most of the day while I was out in the field, but I'm really starting to feel it catching up to me now so I'm back at my office so I can at least sit down.  Even when I leave here in an hour or so, we'll still have guys out working so I'll be getting calls as late as 9 or 10PM... but at least I'll be able to rest a bit more.

I also be on duty tomorrow as well!  I'll be at church, but stepping out to take calls as needed.

Sure, it's a sacrifice of time and energy... but it's worth it to me to support my pastor for trips like this.  I know God will reward it, even if it's just by letting me live another day.  He'll give me the strength to keep going!

Oh yea, when you get that new bass (if you haven't already got it) you'll have to bust a few grooves for us. You got me stashing some money away to get one down the road....

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
Oh yea, when you get that new bass (if you haven't already got it) you'll have to bust a few grooves for us. You got me stashing some money away to get one down the road....

Nope, it's not here yet, still waiting on that customer ordered bridge from Hipshot.  That's the thing about prototypes, ya gotta roll with the growing pains of it.  Hopefully they'll come though sooner than later!

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 01:47:40 AM »

I only had time to learn one of the songs for this week but we didn't even get a chance to sing it.  I have to find myself an amp that is a lil more powerful because with the drums and keyboard; I can't even hear myself.

We had a guest speaker from Fayetteville (Bishop Jones) this man was off the chain.  The best service I've been to in a long time.  Church started at 11 and was over at 2:30pm...he prayed for everyone in the service.  He was a very annointed man; I really didn't care about not being heard because after hearing his sermon...I felt blessed.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »
our drummer was late (thats pretty much what happens when u have a 14 year old drummer. if his mother is late, hes late) so it was just me and the organist. uggh. he has no energy whatsoever. it just feels draining. me and the drummer feed off of each other's energy and we keep each other going. so when im not playing and its just him and the organist its draining for him as well and you can tell. and after 3/4 of "whatever that was" the drummer came in and hustled to the drums and started playing before he even sat down. things were well in the universe again. I was supposed to M.C. the service, but i was kinda needed on my bass to keep the atmosphere there and i was wondering how i was gonna do that, but several people who i though was going on vacation didnt (their wifes just went.. didnt ask no questions. lol) so i had help facilitating the service.

one thing i did notice (been noticing it but sunday it stuck out even more) was after the choir sang its song and the people were up clapping and the preacher got up. and he said when people praise they hide behind the music, so he said "cut the music. i want everybody to praise him" and it was one of those old school hand clappin foot-stompin moments, but it was high-energy. so my bass is still on but shifted and im clappin getting into it, the drummer is clap-clappin and got the foot pedal going at the same time (good rhythm i might add) and the organist is JUST SITTING THERE. not moving at all. hands on his lap waiting for the signal to play again. might as well have had his arms folded. ive seen dudes get up off the organ and get they shout on. can anyone explain this one?
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
I went to rehearsal Thursday, then didn't pick up my bass again until I played two services Sunday.  It's a good thing I read music. :D  We did Tonex' "Work On Me" and GMWA's "Have You Heard About Jesus", plus a couple of others.  The choir did a great job and afterwards we all went out to dinner.

Que, did you get to GC?

floaded, your drummer is 14.  Mine are 11 and 13 (the 13-year-old is my son but he's still 13).

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
I went to rehearsal Thursday, then didn't pick up my bass again until I played two services Sunday.  It's a good thing I read music. :D  We did Tonex' "Work On Me" and GMWA's "Have You Heard About Jesus", plus a couple of others.  The choir did a great job and afterwards we all went out to dinner.

Que, did you get to GC?

floaded, your drummer is 14.  Mine are 11 and 13 (the 13-year-old is my son but he's still 13).

No, haven't made it yet. No transpo..but I did get around to a few nice eating places. I went to the fish market today and ate...very nice.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »
No, haven't made it yet. No transpo..but I did get around to a few nice eating places. I went to the fish market today and ate...very nice.
Glad you are enjoying some of Birmingham's better fare.  My wife and some of her girlfriends do a Girls' Night Out to various restaurants every other month or so.  I hope you can make your way down to GC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up