LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: lightweight powerful bass cab  (Read 11400 times)

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

Re: lightweight powerful bass cab
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
NICE!  Those IP Bergs are no joke... unbelievable power in those things.  You know they're making Neo cabs now too?  They're not IP though.

Offline jmain

• LGM Member
  • Gator Nation

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »
I haven’t played one yet (maybe tonight at JiveSound?), but I wanna check out that Berg AE210.

My Epifani UL-310 is doing it for me (when not using my 112 or in-ear monitors)

There's a UL-210 on Boston Craigslist I wish I could snag.
Eph 5:15-20

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
I'm gonna have to agree w/ddwilkins. If you are going up against Hammond B3 & drums & vocals you are gonna need sometining more than 2/12's. Sorry but it is the burden we bear IF you want to have great sound. I Use the SWR Goliath 3 for most gigs @ 85lbs (feels like 100lbs sometimes!) This way I KNOW my sound will be right!

Bruh what 212's have you played through??  My GB 212 destroys.  When I was using my GBE 600, I'd do concerts with a B3, Keys, drums, aux percussion, guitar, AND a choir, and I never had to cut it past 1:00.  Crazy thing is, you really have to push the cabs to get their full potential.  Ive actually set it up in a band hall and cranked the volume to full and SLAPPED, and it never farted.  Im actually in the market of going smaller myself though, mostly because my rig is overkill for the stuff Im doing.  That rig you got jeremy looks right on point to.  I already got the shuttle, now now I just gotta find a cab.  Im nervous though, cause I dont want to downgrade in sound.
Praise Him!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
Bruh what 212's have you played through??  My GB 212 destroys.  When I was using my GBE 600, I'd do concerts with a B3, Keys, drums, aux percussion, guitar, AND a choir, and I never had to cut it past 1:00.  Crazy thing is, you really have to push the cabs to get their full potential.  Ive actually set it up in a band hall and cranked the volume to full and SLAPPED, and it never farted.  Im actually in the market of going smaller myself though, mostly because my rig is overkill for the stuff Im doing.  That rig you got jeremy looks right on point to.  I already got the shuttle, now now I just gotta find a cab.  Im nervous though, cause I dont want to downgrade in sound.

So this past sabbath was the first time I used the Schroeder in my church.

let me tell you this.

I couldn't turn up my markbass F1 past 10:00!!!!!!

That little joker is LOOUUUDDDDD, CRISSSSPPP and the TRUTH.  I still can't believe it.  I use to have to turn up my avatar b410 to at least 12:00 on the gain and Master Volume.  Now i'm at 11:00 on the gain and 10:00 on the master and I have the volume on my bass at about 70%.

AMAZING!!!! If you want small and can get the job done.....look for a Schroeder 1212 or a 1210.  I guarantee you you won't go wrong!!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
Man, you need to stop... you're gonna have me looking for one, lol!

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »
Man, you need to stop... you're gonna have me looking for one, lol!

He's got you too????
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 02:03:45 PM »
I just missed that one for 440 on TB LOLOL.
Praise Him!

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
LOL!  There used to be a used one right here in town at Bass Emporium, but its gone now.

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12:45 AM »
When I went to the London International Music Show, I found a company called Zoot who make cabs. Strangely enough there was a 4*10 cab in their selection and it had a notice on it saying "Pick me up". The Zoot employee told me I should try it. I picked it up and it was ridiculously light. The weight defied the size of it completely. I tried a Zoot bass on the cab. All their cabs were running through Markbass. It sounded quite good but I haven't had time to test it fully. I can't be too sure.
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up