LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organ Models  (Read 9574 times)

Offline GSM

• LGM Member

Re: Organ Models
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »
I play a B3 at the church and I currently am looking for an organ. But I'm a poor college kid. I really want a A-105. If anyone feels led of God to give me one, open up the floodgates of heaven and LET IT RAIN!!! ;)

WOW...I love this guy...he just doesn't ask, he asks with specificity !!...not just a hammond, not just an a-100...but an A105 ??...lol.  I LOVE the A-105, tis one of the few consoles that I have not owned....and here in the midwest I've not seen tons of them, of course mechanically they are no different the than a B3,C-3,A-100.....but I've always liked the novelty of the A-100 in a C-3 cabinet.  In college I stayed with a pastor who had basically an RT3 with internal tone cabinet, but I'm very tall, and dont like the concave concert pedals (i think its the D-152 ???  check that)....maybe someday I'll get around to purchasing one for me (A105), a X-77 for my wifes living room decor, and an additonal X77 as the recording organ for Marcus at the Midiroom

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »
An A-105 Would be my first choice. And I'm also open to donations :D
From what I understand, A-105's are rare.  I'm not sure how many were made but they didn't produce them for very long. 
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
yeah im pretty open to the A100 but the A105 is my baby (besides the B3) but i've been looking at the traditional xk system. so it could fit in my room. hmmm.
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »

WOW...I love this guy...he just doesn't ask, he asks with specificity !!...not just a hammond, not just an a-100...but an A105 ??...lol.  I LOVE the A-105, tis one of the few consoles that I have not owned....and here in the midwest I've not seen tons of them, of course mechanically they are no different the than a B3,C-3,A-100.....but I've always liked the novelty of the A-100 in a C-3 cabinet.  In college I stayed with a pastor who had basically an RT3 with internal tone cabinet, but I'm very tall, and dont like the concave concert pedals (i think its the D-152 ???  check that)....maybe someday I'll get around to purchasing one for me (A105), a X-77 for my wifes living room decor, and an additonal X77 as the recording organ for Marcus at the Midiroom

Yeah, its a D-152.

From what I understand, A-105's are rare.  I'm not sure how many were made but they didn't produce them for very long. 

I just think its the perfect organ, You get the features of an A100, like the internal speakers and Reverb, And you get the looks of a C3 Cab. If I had one, I'd get it refinished like this. Then i'd have Sebastian Wheat "hot rod" it ;D

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:22 AM »
My furture baby

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
Yeah, its a D-152.

I just think its the perfect organ, You get the features of an A100, like the internal speakers and Reverb, And you get the looks of a C3 Cab. If I had one, I'd get it refinished like this. Then i'd have Sebastian Wheat "hot rod" it ;D

I've never been a fan of the C3 to be honest with you.  As much as I love my A-100, I never use the internal speakers.  I remember when I bought it and I didn't have the Leslie hooked up yet.  I pretty much hate the internal speakers (yes I know hate is a strong word)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »
I've never been a fan of the C3 to be honest with you.  As much as I love my A-100, I never use the internal speakers.  I remember when I bought it and I didn't have the Leslie hooked up yet.  I pretty much hate the internal speakers (yes I know hate is a strong word)
Sometimes I like to have a straight sound. But a leslie with a Stop function would probaly be better than than the internals.

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »

I played an A100 once a few years ago and the internal speakers aren't that loud. In the Ensemble position, the Leslie completely drowns out the speakers.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
Sometimes I like to have a straight sound. But a leslie with a Stop function would probaly be better than than the internals.
I guess it's always good to have options.  Sometimes I do like the sound of the horn stopped while the lower rotor spins.   
RMS is right, the internal speakers aren't that loud.  I just disabled the internal amp and run the Leslie only.

Offline X-66

• LGM Member

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 02:13:02 AM »
How about at a baseball game?    :D
  That`s right!  They ARE installed in stadiums(Shay for instance), also in rollerskating rinks.  When I was a teenager in the `60s, the competition said that about ALL Hammond organs; that because their sound was associated with the entertainment industry, they were UNFIT to be installed in a church.  Our church recieved a giant new Conn organ with antiphonal electronic pipes and Leslies, in a custom installation.  The Co. reps. came by to see what was wrong with it, and said "with reverence", that it was good that a Hammond hadn`t been installed instead.  The Catholics know something about reverence; there`s an RT-3 with 6 PR-40s installed in St. Pauls at the Vatican that they use everyday.  It`s all in the way the organ is played of course.  The Xs, and the H-series organs are more theater oriented; however, running multiple Leslies with speed  controled seperately, and with Hammond speakers while using the appropriate registrations, can produce a very convincing Gospel sound.  With all the clones and new ways of re-inventing the Hammond around, it`s just a matter of time until the "other" models (re-invented by Hammond) come into their own.  I would love to hear Dennis Montgomery III play "He Touched Me" on my X-66 with a model 12 and two Leslie 122s!  Variety is the spice of life however, and with Hammonds there`ll always be plenty of that.  As soon as you get one, you want to make changes....

Offline musicmajordjs

• LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2008, 04:55:26 AM »
Yea Yea Yea......................... ::)The Hammond XB-3M is wat I play at my church and i enjoy it. Well at times....... ?/? ;D

Offline brutha28

• LGM Member
  • "Be healed, be delivered, and be set free"

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
1958 Cherrywood Hammond B-3 with Leslie model 122.  See my picture.
Steven P.

Peace N' Hairgrease
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up