LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: quick clip of dubose...  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Re: quick clip of dubose...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 05:47:52 AM »
Gibby,guess who just turned fifty years old ?/?No not me

I wonder...who?? 

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:50 AM »
We do not have a heaven or hell to put them in.

That's a great way to put it, Rown. I'm gonna use that from now on lol

That's why I didn't name any names in what I was talking about. It makes me more sorrowful for the person/church that judgmental.

Gibby,guess who just turned fifty years old ?/?No not me

Easy, now... I'm still anticipating 30... I'm telling you, the first time I clicked 'er, it said the video was not available. Maybe they were updating the info, huh, huh?  >:(  ;)

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
It seem like we want to knock Paul White,because she is seen on TV.Give me a break.It is not for us to judge anybody.

Actually, yes, it is for us to judge each other.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV says: “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

2 Timothy 4:2 NIV says: “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction.”

Titus 2:15 NIV says: “These, then, are the things you should teach.  Encourage and rebuke with all authority.  Do not let anyone despise you.”

Ephesians 5:11 NIV says: “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.”

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 NIV says: “The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?  But we have the mind of Christ.”

We ARE to judge in a way that corrects and rebukes. If the Spirit that lives in me and has given me discernment capable of questioning the words and deeds of another believer, you best bet I'm going to judge them.
To not do that would be going against what the Bible calls us to do.

Now, we are NOT to judge the eternal home of a person. That is what Jesus was talking about when he said "Do not judge". I can not tell someone that they're going to hell or will be apart from the Lord forever. That's not mine to call. That's not even Jesus'. It's the Father's.

I never heard anything bad about her.

She and her ex-husband Randy racked up quite a bit of chaos over the years.
Visit inplainsight.org for some of the low-down on their down-low.

There are just as many bad pastor not on TV.They are like anything else.Some bad,some good.You never know,a bad one. just might be in your pulpit on Sundays.I worship the lord,not the preacher,if they are faking the gospel,God will take care of them.We do not have a heaven or hell to put them in.

But you CAN know a bad preacher if you let the Holy Spirit be your discernment. We don't have to sit there and take a bunch of hyped-up lies and then claim "I didn't know!".
You know God's Word and you know the Spirit that lives in you.
Ignore the lights, the cameras, the make-up, the pomp, the posing, the emotion and all that and you'll know.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
                We all have sin,and come short of the Glory of god.
                For those who have not sin,cast the first stone.
                God hate sin, but he love the sinner
                I do not dwell on the negative.
                I feed on the positive,
                I have love in my heart,for
                everybody.
                No.it is not for us to judge anybody
                because you do not the the HEART.
                We will not be judging on
               JUDGEMENT DAY

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
Roger Nelson

LOL, I thought you were ripping on me being interwebtarded the other day.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »
                I feed on the positive,
                everybody.
               JUDGEMENT DAY

Not trying to speak for anyone, but what I took from Dave's post is that we are not to judge someone's heart (which would determine their eternal placement--which Dave clearly stated), but it is up to us to challenge our fellow believers' actions.

That doesn't mean you throw the "you're going to hell" argument at someone, but it is, indeed, within our rights--and calling as followers of Christ--to call out our brothers and counsel them to abide by the Word.

Now, having said that, there is a point where some people are consumed with that, and want to make every situation an opportunity to throw stones (they all go to the church I was raised in). That's not right. BUT, if one of those people approached me with a sincere concern about something they noticed about my actions or the evidence of my spirit, then I cannot say anything against that person's actions of doing so.

If you feel a burden in your heart to say something to someone about their walk, and you don't, and--let's say, for the sake of discussion--that person dies that night...

What then?

Do you want to leave that out there for your judgment day?

I don't.

I know I'm going to be disagreed with, and that's ok, but I feel like every time I miss an opportunity to witness, or to counsel, etc., that's a mark against me. I feel a serious burden for some people that I have missed opportunities with, and that's something I continually strive to improve upon.

This very thing is included in that.

/opinion.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
                I feed on the positive,
                everybody.
               JUDGEMENT DAY

Those are nice sentiments but they are not the Word of God.
And I'm not talking about not loving anyone but I am talking about living the real abundant life...a life not only of love but of discernment and teaching and rebuking and encouraging.
If Paula White or Todd Bentley or Benny Hinn or the preacher down the street starts twisting God's Word for their own personal and financial benefit, I will judge their twistings accordingly.
To do otherwise is to stick your head in the sand. It certainly isn't love unless love is now being defined as allowing a supposed brother or sister to perpetuate lies and mislead thousands who have been placed in their care in Jesus' name.
What would Jesus do?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he start flipping tables over?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he tell them "Are you still so dull?"?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he call them a brood of vipers?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he tell them "I do not know you."?

"Music from Japan"?
 ;D

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »
Roger Nelson

I'm suprised no one posted it.  It should be a sticky!!!  ;D

Offline SanctifiedGuitar

• LGM Member
  • Live a sanctified and holy life.

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »

We ARE to judge in a way that corrects and rebukes. If the Spirit that lives in me and has given me discernment capable of questioning the words and deeds of another believer, you best bet I'm going to judge them.

Galatians 2:11-14
Paul Opposes Peter

1 Corinthians 5:1-13
Expel the Immoral Brother!

James 3
Teachers are judged more strictly

2 Tim. 1:15, 2:17, 3:8, 4:14
Pual named names

Here's a related article link below
http://spiritoferror.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/naming-names/

Have you been baptized in Jesus' name and received the Holy Ghost?
(Acts 2:37,38 and 19:1-7)

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 01:38:30 AM »
                                     GRTDAVE
                    You are probadly,the best guitar player on this site.
                        I can not agree with you on this. ;)
                          Bishopcole,where you at.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 02:15:36 AM »
not much to disagree with really...plenty of scripture to back it up. where there are two or three witnesses...

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »
                                     GRTDAVE
                    You are probadly,the best guitar player on this site.
                        I can not agree with you on this. ;)
                          Bishopcole,where you at.

I hear what you're saying. I think it's noble and right to have a 'love above all other actions' attitude, but I think it's not only dangerous but un-Christlike and Biblically incorrect to have a 'love without any other conditions' attitude.

Look, we all just judged a man's guitar playing skills...it's not his most impressive playing, it sounds like music from Japan, I've heard better from him, etc...but we're going to withhold our judgment of a MUCH more important issue and that's the preaching of the Word of God and the equipping of the saints?
Our priorities are way out of whack if that's the case.

Jesus, when he prevented the woman from being stoned, did not give her a free pass to go about her worldly ways when He said "Neither do I condemn you" because He followed it up with "Go and sin no more". To me, that's great love expressed with a great command.
To the leaders and teachers of Christ's church, we ARE held to a higher standard. Me, Paula White, my pastor, T. D. Jakes, etc...we'd better not let the fame that we've received because of Jesus' name have us living lives that are no different than the world and have us putting on our church face only when the cameras are rolling or we're gonna be subject to some awful judgment which will begin with us already receiving our reward here on earth and end with...I don't want to think about it.  :o  :'(

Offline axeman1

• LGM Member
  • No weapon means.....N-O-O-O WEAPON!!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV says: “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

2 Timothy 4:2 NIV says: “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction.”

Titus 2:15 NIV says: “These, then, are the things you should teach.  Encourage and rebuke with all authority.  Do not let anyone despise you.”

Ephesians 5:11 NIV says: “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.”

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 NIV says: “The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?  But we have the mind of Christ.”

Now, we are NOT to judge the eternal home of a person. That is what Jesus was talking about when he said "Do not judge". I can not tell someone that they're going to hell or will be apart from the Lord forever. That's not mine to call. That's not even Jesus'. It's the Father's.

But you CAN know a bad preacher if you let the Holy Spirit be your discernment. We don't have to sit there and take a bunch of hyped-up lies and then claim "I didn't know!".
Ignore the lights, the cameras, the make-up, the pomp, the posing, the emotion and all that and you'll know.

Dave, it is truly refreshing to find someone else that understands the truth about judging.  It's a shame that so many people are not aware of what the bible actually says.  Just read the 6th chapter of 1Corinthians and then tell me whether we are to judge or not. 

I think the problem is that we confuse judging people with judging matters. To judge matters can be considered counseling.  The bible tells us that in a multitude of counsel, there is safety.   I made this point in another thread but I will make it again (slightly altered);  The difference between counseling people, and judging people is that counseling people is telling them what is or isn't right in the sight of God based on scripture, judging people, is telling them who is or isn't right.  If we tell a person that they are going to hell, then we are trying to take on God's responsibility because he is the only one that can see in their souls.  However if we tell them that certain actions committed that have not been confessed and repented for can have the consequence of hell, then we are doing what God told us to do.

1Cor:2 "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?  and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
I am what God says I am, no less and no more.

Offline Musician_46

• LGM Member
  • Playing This Thing For Jesus

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
That was Strat abuse. Very emotional. Jonathan is alright by me.

Paula White...I do not care for her at all. Something about her sets my discernment meter off something fierce.

I have had the same feeling about her also. Something in my spirit doesn't feel right when I listen to her speak. I prayer for her.

Offline Musician_46

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 12:40:03 PM »

AMEN Brother I agree with you about the word  you just expressed. I just don't read from no other bible except the KJV. And for those who don't go to a church the bible say's in Hebs:10:25 " Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of same is; It doesn't mean that you stay in a church that your not being fed but find a church that when the preacher is preaching the word where it convicts you, heal you, and lifts you up. Paul say's in 1 Cor. 9:16 "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!"

Offline Musician_46

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »
                I feed on the positive,
                everybody.
               JUDGEMENT DAY

1 Cor.6:2 " Do you not know that the saints (We who are born of Christ) shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Offline Musician_46

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
Not trying to speak for anyone, but what I took from Dave's post is that we are not to judge someone's heart (which would determine their eternal placement--which Dave clearly stated), but it is up to us to challenge our fellow believers' actions.

That doesn't mean you throw the "you're going to hell" argument at someone, but it is, indeed, within our rights--and calling as followers of Christ--to call out our brothers and counsel them to abide by the Word.

Now, having said that, there is a point where some people are consumed with that, and want to make every situation an opportunity to throw stones (they all go to the church I was raised in). That's not right. BUT, if one of those people approached me with a sincere concern about something they noticed about my actions or the evidence of my spirit, then I cannot say anything against that person's actions of doing so.

If you feel a burden in your heart to say something to someone about their walk, and you don't, and--let's say, for the sake of discussion--that person dies that night...

What then?

Do you want to leave that out there for your judgment day?

I don't.

I know I'm going to be disagreed with, and that's ok, but I feel like every time I miss an opportunity to witness, or to counsel, etc., that's a mark against me. I feel a serious burden for some people that I have missed opportunities with, and that's something I continually strive to improve upon.

This very thing is included in that.

/opinion.

Yes Sir, you are on the right path. We must speak the word to those who need to hear. If we don't tell that person what the word says the blood will be on our hands. And in so many words we are to tell those who are in sin and unrightousness that if they don't change, they will go to hell. Be not afraid Jesus loves us all but we must tell them. Isaiah 5:14 say's "Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it." This let's me know that alot of people will end up there. The problems with some of these TV preachers they are afraid to let the people if they don't change their wicked ways, that include some for the saints of God, they will go to HELL.

Offline Musician_46

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
Those are nice sentiments but they are not the Word of God.
And I'm not talking about not loving anyone but I am talking about living the real abundant life...a life not only of love but of discernment and teaching and rebuking and encouraging.
If Paula White or Todd Bentley or Benny Hinn or the preacher down the street starts twisting God's Word for their own personal and financial benefit, I will judge their twistings accordingly.
To do otherwise is to stick your head in the sand. It certainly isn't love unless love is now being defined as allowing a supposed brother or sister to perpetuate lies and mislead thousands who have been placed in their care in Jesus' name.
What would Jesus do?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he start flipping tables over?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he tell them "Are you still so dull?"?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he call them a brood of vipers?
Would Jesus love them by ignoring them or would he tell them "I do not know you."?

"Music from Japan"?
 ;D

AMEN.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
        It is not for us to judge anybody.Leave that up to God.
                     Mathew;Chapter7
        When we judge someone,we condem ourself.
                    Roman;2 123
           There is nobody on this site,can tell me it is okay to judge anybody.You do not know the heart.Who are you,we are not in a position to judge anybody.Unless,we cross every T,and dot every i.That door swings both ways.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up