LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: quick clip of dubose...  (Read 5450 times)

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

Re: quick clip of dubose...
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »
Ezekiel 3: 16-21

16 After seven days the Lord gave me a message. He said, 17 “Son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman for Israel. Whenever you receive a message from me, warn people immediately. 18 If I warn the wicked, saying, ‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 19 If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me.
 20 “If righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and ignore the obstacles I put in their way, they will die. And if you do not warn them, they will die in their sins. None of their righteous acts will be remembered, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 21 But if you warn righteous people not to sin and they listen to you and do not sin, they will live, and you will have saved yourself, too.”

if you don't want to call it judging...call it "warning"  ;)

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »
                                  Matthew 7;1
   Do not judge,or you too will be judge.For in the same way you judge others,you will be judged,and with the measure you use,it will be measured to you.
  Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother eye and pay no attention to the the PLANK in your own eyes?You hypocrite,first take the PLANK out of your own eye,and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother eye.
                               Romans ;2
   You,therefore,have no excuse,you who pass judgement on someone else,for at whatever point you judge the others,you are condemning yourself,because you who pass judgement DO THE SAME THINGS.Now we know that God judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.So when you,a MERE MAN,pass judgement on them and yet do the same things,do you think you will escape GOD judgment?

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
Well back to dubose...you know he has more than one guitar?!  :D :D

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 07:35:33 AM »
                                  Matthew 7;1
   Do not judge,or you too will be judge.For in the same way you judge others,you will be judged,and with the measure you use,it will be measured to you.
  Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother eye and pay no attention to the the PLANK in your own eyes?You hypocrite,first take the PLANK out of your own eye,and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother eye.
                               Romans ;2
   You,therefore,have no excuse,you who pass judgement on someone else,for at whatever point you judge the others,you are condemning yourself,because you who pass judgement DO THE SAME THINGS.Now we know that God judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.So when you,a MERE MAN,pass judgement on them and yet do the same things,do you think you will escape GOD judgment?

Context, my friend. It's all context.
Do you know the meaning behind those scriptures that you posted?
searchgodsword.org is a great teaching resource and I used it (and other sources) to study the above verses in the past because it's a favorite weapon of the unsaved world to want to tell us Christians that we "should not judge" based on those two verses.
In reality, their words come from ignorance in not knowing what the scriptures say in context.
As was already said and repeated, we're talking about judging actions, words, thoughts and deeds. We're not judging people.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »
No my friend,those words come from the good book.Ignorance has nothing to do with.You maybe some guitar GOD,BUT YOU ARE NO GOD OF MINES.And never will be.This comes from my teaching,this is what i am sticking with.If you talking about,words,thoughts actions,deeds.Where in the world is this coming from,human being right.Are human being people.Are the actions,thoughts,deeds coming from cats,dogs.To speak of ignorance.Like the word said,get the plank out of your eyes.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
Well back to dubose...you know he has more than one guitar?!  :D :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »
No my friend,those words come from the good book.Ignorance has nothing to do with.You maybe some guitar GOD,BUT YOU ARE NO GOD OF MINES.And never will be.This comes from my teaching,this is what i am sticking with.If you talking about,words,thoughts actions,deeds.Where in the world is this coming from,human being right.Are human being people.Are the actions,thoughts,deeds coming from cats,dogs.To speak of ignorance.Like the word said,get the plank out of your eyes.

So you're going to ignore all of the other scriptures that were clearly presented to you?
That's picking and choosing to suit your advantage. What do you do with those scriptures?
If ALL scripture is "God breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16) then you can't ignore that which you do not agree with simply because you do not understand the context of it.

And, please, do not use this "guitar god" stuff with me. I'm just a guy and just a guitar player so calm yourself down and stop trying to put me on a pedestal which I am not wanting to be on. Neither one of us is higher nor mightier than the other regardless of who we are or what we do.
Iron sharpens iron, brother. Proverbs 27:17.
That's all this is.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
That is why we should not judge each other.If it your actions,deeds,i do not agree with.I wiil pray for you,not judge.This is my teaching at my chruch.I know this story,of a man who visit this church.The man was dressed like a homeless person.The people judge him on his appearance,what they did not know,he was one of the riches persons in the city.He was a millionaire,it is just the way he dressed.He gave alot of his money to homeless people,this is what i mean you do not know a person heart.No you are not a guitar GOD,BUT YOU STILL THE MAN.We do not agree on this,and never will,so lets leave it alone.
         PEACE[/b]

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 01:57:17 PM »
you know dubose has a blue and a black guitar??  ;D

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »
That is why we should not judge each other.If it your actions,deeds,i do not agree with.I wiil pray for you,not judge.This is my teaching at my chruch.I know this story,of a man who visit this church.The man was dressed like a homeless person.The people judge him on his appearance,what they did not know,he was one of the riches persons in the city.He was a millionaire,it is just the way he dressed.He gave alot of his money to homeless people,this is what i mean you do not know a person heart.No you are not a guitar GOD,BUT YOU STILL THE MAN.We do not agree on this,and never will,so lets leave it alone.
         PEACE[/b]

I see your point...but how someone is dressed at church has NOTHING to do with how this conversation started.  ;D

Hear me out...LOVE is above all. It is the GREATEST commandment: Love God and love others.
There it is, straight from the Savior.
We agree on that, yes? I'm certain.  8)
That being the case, I gotta love everybody and I've got to pray for those who persecute me and who persecute my brother Rown and who persecute my brother Uriah and my brother JP and lilBB and so on.

Also, we have to be hearers of the Word and doers of the Word. The Word tells us to love, it tells us to pray, it tells us to fast, it tells us to be baptized, it tells us to seek the Kingdom and righteousness, it tells us to care for the children and the widows, it tells us to praise and worship and it tells us:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV says: “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

2 Timothy 4:2 NIV says: “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction.”

Titus 2:15 NIV says: “These, then, are the things you should teach.  Encourage and rebuke with all authority.  Do not let anyone despise you.”

Teaching, correcting, rebuking, training and encouraging. All right there. All so we'll be "thoroughly equipped for every good work". So we'll be prepared. So we will not be despised.

If someone didn't judge me years ago by telling me that the things that I was doing in my life could lead me to an eternal life separated from God, I may not be here right now. Since then I've been taught, corrected, rebuked, trained and encouraged over and over again and I welcome it in the future, too.
Paula White should feel the same way. I'm just being honest when I say that there's something in my spirit that doesn't jive with her. I wish that I could explain it better and I do pray about it.
And I am working on getting rid of my own plank...  ;D

Peace, my friend. I enjoy these conversations and I pray that we each grow from them.

And thank you for what I know you meant as a compliment. I just don't do the guitar god thing at all. You and I know that there's only one God.  ;)

Now, about this music from Japan...  :-X

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:23 AM »
you know dubose has a blue and a black guitar??  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 12:59:03 AM »
It has been a very stressful week.The devil has been on my back.I am glad this did not get out of hand.You are the last person on this site,i would want to fall out with.You have really helped me out in so many ways.You are really,a blessing to this site.I really did not mean those evil things i said.But,man you know the book.I believe you know the the book,better than the guitar,and that is saying alot ;)

Offline SanctifiedGuitar

• LGM Member
  • Live a sanctified and holy life.

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
It has been a very stressful week.The devil has been on my back.I am glad this did not get out of hand.You are the last person on this site,i would want to fall out with.You have really helped me out in so many ways.You are really,a blessing to this site.I really did not mean those evil things i said.But,man you know the book.I believe you know the the book,better than the guitar,and that is saying alot ;)

Rown, I pray God give you more grace, and remember you are truly blessed when you follow the Truth.

Proverbs 15:32 (NLT)
If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself;but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding

Proverbs 19:25 (NLT)
If you punish a mocker, the simpleminded will learn a lesson;if you correct the wise, they will be all the wiser.

Have you been baptized in Jesus' name and received the Holy Ghost?
(Acts 2:37,38 and 19:1-7)

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
Rown, I pray God give you more grace, and remember you are truly blessed when you follow the Truth.

Proverbs 15:32 (NLT)
If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself;but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding

Proverbs 19:25 (NLT)
If you punish a mocker, the simpleminded will learn a lesson;if you correct the wise, they will be all the wiser.

THANK YOU BROTHER

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »
cool, I posted a hot topic!!!!  (I'm hyper thanks to starbucks!!)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
cool, I posted a hot topic!!!!  (I'm hyper thanks to starbucks!!)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Starbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks....

It's been a while for me.

Iced Venti quad vanilla latte with a shot of caramel...

Oh, sorry. Back to guitar...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up