LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shed timing question????  (Read 551 times)

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

Shed timing question????
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
Just thought I would get opinions or answers on this. Anyways recently I participated in my first major drum shed, it went pretty cool.. Anyways to make a long story short while playing to a track/sample or anything Im fine, Ive had people even tell me my timing is awesome, anyways when I get to the shed and I get on its like okay cool, then every now and then someones snare stroke would be slighty off (I don't if its mine or theirs) but Im like what the heck, and these are suppose to be the pretty top dogs in the area. In the middle someone wanted to cut on the percussion loop, but they were like naw...naw.... So my question is does tempos flucuate during sheds, could it be that some were playing in fron/on top/and behind the beat??? Anybody had any similar experiences??? Is it me???  Please L.M.K!!
Just for the record it was three drumsets, bass player, keyboardist, and organist!!! Thanks

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

Re: Shed timing question????
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
Because a shed is like freestyling. Someone is bound to get slightly off at some point. Because there is no structure and everything is off the top of the head, a hit here and there will likely be off. If somebody starts dragging the beat........this is bound to throw things off as well.
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
Here's the answer:

tempos flucuate, some were playing in front/on top/and behind the beat
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
Just to add, someone may have an idea that they are trying to get across on the drums that doesn't land on the "1"

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »
Here's the answer:

I feel ya bro!!! I just like to be sure I know whats going on. But some of all that was going on. This was my first one, so I just wanted to know if it was normal!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up