LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost IN CHURCH?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Lost IN CHURCH?
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:10:25 AM »
Had an interesting conversation with a higher up from a major denomination last week. I've personally known this man for several years,believe he is credible and beyond reproach.He quoted a (fairly famous pastor ) who is stating from his pulpit that a large percentage of folks sitting in church have not confessed JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR .Maybe they talk the talk,but have not a real relationship .This so upset me,I was absolutely speechless!  Guess it is something to ask oneself  in all honesty and humility before the LORD.IF !!!!! JESUS were to call HIS BODY home-in the next minute;WHERE would you be?

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: Lost IN CHURCH?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
Had an interesting conversation with a higher up from a major denomination last week. I've personally known this man for several years,believe he is credible and beyond reproach.He quoted a (fairly famous pastor ) who is stating from his pulpit that a large percentage of folks sitting in church have not confessed JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR .Maybe they talk the talk,but have not a real relationship .This so upset me,I was absolutely speechless!  Guess it is something to ask oneself  in all honesty and humility before the LORD.IF !!!!! JESUS were to call HIS BODY home-in the next minute;WHERE would you be?

The truth will always strike a nerve.  Most pastors know their congregation, and u better believe that not everyone who acts saved in church is really saved.  You can fool some people, but u can't fool God or yourself.  Plus, u know that the Holy Ghost can give pastors spiritual insight on their members.

If more pastors started telling the truth like this form the pulpit and stopped preaching the "feel good" messages all the time, u will either see one of two things:  A mass relocation of members to other churches, or a mass number of people coming to the altar and getting real with God.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »
amen and amen!

Offline dellmaj7th

• LGM Member
    • MySpace

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
T-Block is definitely on point. There has NEVER been a feel good message preached from the pulpit of my church and because of that a LOT of people have left the church. People have literally told my dad (the pastor) that preaching the Gospel is too real for them! If you preach Jesus then people will get convicted, ppl don't want hear what convicts them! They want to hear what makes them feel good and what makes them wanna shout... :)
"All for the glory of God!"

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
wow! bro;does your daddy have some messages on-line?

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »
The truth will always strike a nerve.  Most pastors know their congregation, and u better believe that not everyone who acts saved in church is really saved.  You can fool some people, but u can't fool God or yourself.  Plus, u know that the Holy Ghost can give pastors spiritual insight on their members.

If more pastors started telling the truth like this form the pulpit and stopped preaching the "feel good" messages all the time, u will either see one of two things:  A mass relocation of members to other churches, or a mass number of people coming to the altar and getting real with God.

That is the total truth right there. I am continually amazed by this.

I will say one thing however. A lot of people ARE saved, but they are not walking in it. They started off well but lagged behind due to sin and all sorts of things. A lot of folk need to REDEDICATE their lives to God and start living their salvation.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "dellmaj7th".....Stay Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline dellmaj7th

• LGM Member
    • MySpace

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
here's one i had on my computer... it's pt II but you'll still get a complete thought lol... this guy is a beast!

download

Offline dellmaj7th

• LGM Member
    • MySpace

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
oh, thanks for the welcome pianowiz! I've been around this site for 6+ years lol... but i'm gonna be here a lot more.

Offline MMCOGICboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
Let the church say amen. I had to rededicate my own life just on yesterday!
Always remember Psalms 33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
All I know is it was them "fire & brimstone" messages that saved me.  After I got saved, I wasn't scared anymore of the bad stuff, so now I could see the good things that comes with salvation.

I will say one thing however. A lot of people ARE saved, but they are not walking in it. They started off well but lagged behind due to sin and all sorts of things. A lot of folk need to REDEDICATE their lives to God and start living their salvation.

I agree with that.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »
great points T block and Fenix.welcome maj 7th!!   Funny,as i muse on this post,haven't heard a lot of fire and brimstone preaching;like pastors are afraid to speak the truth contained with REPENTANCE message.Seem like a lot of "love " preaching,thank GOD for LOVE of CHRIST-but that was HIS sacrifice on the cross.Have we forgotten?or changed the message?  I'm not sure how to link this,but if you look at www,wayofthemaster.com;there's a clip from a TV show( ER ?),shows a fellow dying from cancer.A woman is attempting to "minister" to him,he goes totally ballistic-that she is preaching a "new age god of love".He was dying,he wasn't afraid of that;he wanted ANSWERS about the next life;not reassurances.Gives me cause to think what I say to folks!

Offline dwest2419

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
T-Block is definitely on point. There has NEVER been a feel good message preached from the pulpit of my church and because of that a LOT of people have left the church. People have literally told my dad (the pastor) that preaching the Gospel is too real for them! If you preach Jesus then people will get convicted, ppl don't want hear what convicts them! They want to hear what makes them feel good and what makes them wanna shout... :)

:o Whoa are you serious? WOW!!!

Yeah, I agree! A-lot of people start strong, but get so caught up in things that they stop going to chruch, stop praying, reading the bible, and they are just spiritually dead. You said said it there: "People need to rededicate their lives back to Christ."

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »
great points T block and Fenix.welcome maj 7th!!   Funny,as i muse on this post,haven't heard a lot of fire and brimstone preaching;like pastors are afraid to speak the truth contained with REPENTANCE message.Seem like a lot of "love " preaching,thank GOD for LOVE of CHRIST-but that was HIS sacrifice on the cross.Have we forgotten?or changed the message?

EXACTLY, people seem to overlook that fact that even though God is a God of love, He is also a God of WAR.  People need to be aware that there is a spritual battle that's way more important than all this earthly stuff.  A new house ain't gonna do u no good if u die and go to HELL.  The bible says in Matthew 6:33 that if u seek 1st the kingdom of God, all this stuff will be added unto u.

We need to get back to preaching and teaching the whole gospel, not just the feel good stuff.  Jesus went through suffereing and pain b4 he died.  And he said that if we are to follow Him, we gonna have to go through the same thing.  The devil gonna come after you with both guns up, so u need to be equipped to fight him.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 03:37:43 PM »
YES!!! it seems many forget" WE battle against powers,principalities,that war against ours and others souls"

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
My pastor has YET to preach a feel good message.  If the message makes you feel good it's probably cause you're doing right.  With me it either convicts me or it doesn't apply right now.  In either case I'm learning something I never learned before.  Honestly, I've never been to a church were I'm constanly fed week after week.  And because of that I'm constantly fighting to pay attention...and it's not because the pastor's boring.

When you first get saved you have this fiyah (int) about you and you want to start doing stuff for God.  However if you're a kid, in certain churches, you have to wait until you're older to do anything.  Until then you just have to listen to the reused Children's Church sermons.  And even when you get older if your parents can't/don't feel like driving you to church on week day you are pretty much statued until you're about 18.  Think of all the wasted time all because this new Christain was a child!  By the time they're 18 they may not be "really bad" but they're probably back slidden and that fiyah has become a flicker.  *preacher mode* Ask me how I know!  And yeah there's always the 'got caught up in other stuff' thing.  I believe it.

EXACTLY, people seem to overlook that fact that even though God is a God of love, He is also a God of WAR.  People need to be aware that there is a spritual battle that's way more important than all this earthly stuff.  A new house ain't gonna do u no good if u die and go to HELL.  The bible says in Matthew 6:33 that if u seek 1st the kingdom of God, all this stuff will be added unto u.

We need to get back to preaching and teaching the whole gospel, not just the feel good stuff.  Jesus went through suffereing and pain b4 he died.  And he said that if we are to follow Him, we gonna have to go through the same thing.  The devil gonna come after you with both guns up, so u need to be equipped to fight him.

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up