LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who should lead Invitation?  (Read 750 times)

Offline farenhype

• LGM Member
    • LTMG

Who should lead Invitation?
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »
I had a situation where I chose an old school Inviation song "Come to Jesus" that everybody should know if youre baptist. lol anyhow the Pastor (my pop) isn't the best singing preacher in the world, but regardless he leads the song. The choir director (who grew up catholic) starts to direct the choir and mouth the words. After two painful verses, there is an obvious clash between them and the director just takes a back seat. After service, he approaches me saying that the choir is being thrown off bcuz of the pastor. I tuned him out becuase I'm like, normally the pastor leads invitation or another minister/deacon.

Who should lead invitation? What is the norm in your "chuch"?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Who should lead Invitation?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
I'd say that in most churches, if the pastor leads a song, then folks follow the pastor.

Now, most pastors know their limits, so....... ;) :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
I'd say that in most churches, if the pastor leads a song, then folks follow the pastor.

Now, most pastors know their limits, so....... ;) :D

I agree with this answer.  Usually it's up to the pastor, but the MOM should always have a song prepared.
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »
I agree with this answer.  Usually it's up to the pastor, but the MOM should always have a song prepared.

Absolutely.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up